What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

Question about Sheeva

So... I'm not usually one to cry "cheese" or "spam" but I've played a few Sheevas that just rub me the wrong way, and I can beat most people who rely on the same tactics over and over...

But when a Sheeva spams telestomp and follows with an immediate uppercut or throw (mixing them up) I find it to be extremely tough to beat...

I need tips because this is the ONE thing that makes me truly angry at this game!

I've tried dashing away with limited success but if you dash too early the stomp comes down on you anyhow and if you're too late you can't get out of the way either.

Share your strats!

So... I'm not usually one to cry "cheese" or "spam" but I've played a few Sheevas that just rub me the wrong way, and I can beat most people who rely on the same tactics over and over...

But when a Sheeva spams telestomp and follows with an immediate uppercut or throw (mixing them up) I find it to be extremely tough to beat...

I need tips because this is the ONE thing that makes me truly angry at this game!

I've tried dashing away with limited success but if you dash too early the stomp comes down on you anyhow and if you're too late you can't get out of the way either.

Share your strats!
njp the telestomp. you can beat it very consistently if you get a hang of the timing

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
:en Fireball has armor? o:
Confirmed here as well. And it isn't just single hit armor. I absorbed a multi-hit enhanced hat spin from Kung Lao. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!?

Did we get a patch?

Edit: Patch notes from NRS confirms it. They really did give her armor on the Fireball. WOW!

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
can her new combos be canceled into specials or is it just the F3 that can be canceled into a special like bf3?

Haha. I was just randomly playing ladder and screwing around and found it. Was like what? Then went into training room and was happy. :)

can her new combos be canceled into specials or is it just the F3 that can be canceled into a special like bf3?
F3B1 can't be special canceled.

NoDoubt

nasty
I assumed she got armour on all her ex moves when that patch came out for all the characters but maybe her fireball was a recent fix

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
wouldve liked her frames adjusted a bit so she could be slightly faster but an armored fireball is good too. is her new low combo a bit faster, kinda like how her 212F1 is decently fast?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
The new low is definately faster than the low off 212. It's just as safe as well. Let's say that if her back+2 came out as fast as the b+1 came out after the f+3, she would be top tier, because a low that safe and fast as a stand alone into the 1+2 would be amongst the best moves in the game.

It's a hitbox issue. It's annoying, but you pretty much just have to use 2, 1, 2, F1~Fireball instead unless you have them cornered.

What's really dumb is that if they're using the MK3 costume 2, 1, 2, F1~Grab N Punch works just fine.

So what are people's opinions of the current state of Sheeva? I'm especailly interested to hear what DrDogg has to say.

Personally I think she's a solid contender now. You might have to work a bit harder in some matchups but she can definitely hang with the big boys.

New tactic? Or garbage?

So like most of the cast Sheeva gets pretty good advantage on hit when she connects with D4 (credit to Tom Brady's guide for getting me thinking about D4 shenanigans). It's a pain in the ass to test anything in this game if you don't have a second person to help you out, but I'm pretty sure that after a successful D4 Sheeva can dash in and either go into a 2, 1, 2 string or a 1 string and not be interrupted.

We all know what follows up from 2, 1, 2 so I'll leave that be.

Now, after the D4 and dash in you could also do 1, 2, B1 and still be safe if they block or on hit go into 1, 2, B1 dash 4~Grab N Punch or 1, 2, B1 dash 1, B2~Anti-Air Grab depending on whether you want the damage or the untechable knockdown.

The third option is what I've been screwing around with this afternoon and am not sure if it's crap or match-worthy.

After D4 connects you could dash in and do 1, B2~:en Grab N Punch. (You use 1, B2 rather than 1, 2 because they can block after 1, 2 even if you special cancel.) If it hits you net 27% or so damage and get to decide which way they get tossed. If the whole thing gets blocked you're left at advantage and can go into your Grab N Punch frame traps. The reason you use :en Grab N Punch is because if they block the 1, B2 they can actually interrupt a normal Grab N Punch with a poke. This way the armor absorbs the hit and you get to smack them around.

Now if they start to respect the Grab N Punch they might block the 1, B2 and try to duck the command grab or down poke out. This is when you'd start doing 1, B2~:en Low Grab after the dash in. Once again, if they block the 1, B2 you can be poked out of the grab, so you burn some meter to take advantage of the armor and go into a combo that eats half their life bar. At this point they might start trying to jump out after 1, B2. This is when you'd go back to cancelling into Grab N Punch as that will catch them if they try to jump out.

Something you might throw in for the hell of it is 1, B2~Ground Pound. If they're in the habit of blocking the entire string this could surprise them. Best used sparingly since it's extremely easy to poke Sheeva out of the Ground Pound startup or simply jump out.

So garbage or useful? It could make D4 a worthwhile setup in her gameplan, but I dunno. Having to burn meter to prevent being poked out kinda sucks and her meter might be better spent elsewhere.

Neither 1 or 2 hit mid.
Well, the idea wasn't so much to deal with crouchers as it was to find a quick low-hitting poke (quick for Sheeva that is) that gives her some sort of advantage before moving in with the real offense. The biggest problem I tend to have with her is getting something going up close because her normals are so slow. I see what you're saying though. After the D4 they could crouch under the first 1 or 2 and hit her out that way. I suppose if they start doing that you would have to try dashing in with a low grab after the D4. Hm.

The more I think about the 1, B2 stuff the more I think it's pretty second rate now. It's basically burning meter to turn the dash-in into a guessing game that you could still guess wrong on. Probably better to just stick with following up with 2,1,2 or low grab if they start ducking.

Oh well.

You could possibly do D4 dash B12, or a throw.

I don't really use her D4 that much, but now that I look at it, it seems pretty good actually. Her hit box gets surprisingly small, and her body moves to the left as she pokes her leg out. Has decent range too.. plus she reminds me of a spider when she does it.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I would change her anti air grab to something like down, down, FP, and make the hitbox work behind her as well. Would be great to get people off your ass and actually useful as an anti air since the input would be easier to do on reaction. Jump ins are really fast in this game.

You could possibly do D4 dash B12, or a throw.

I don't really use her D4 that much, but now that I look at it, it seems pretty good actually. Her hit box gets surprisingly small, and her body moves to the left as she pokes her leg out. Has decent range too.. plus she reminds me of a spider when she does it.
I d4 dash grab alot lol. Her pokes are actually 1 frame faster than Kung Laos so you should really start using them more :D