What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

Boys, caught you on the stream tonight and I have to say you play Sheeva about as well as she can be played right now. Really great stuff. Couple questions:

1) Why didn't you do more telestomp on knockdown? Isn't it a good option against most characters' wakeup?
2) Is bf+3 safe on block??
3) I saw you use a lot of EX telestomp, but isn't EX bf+3 her best use of meter (aside from breaker lol)?
4) Are you sure you were messing up the input on those crouch grabs? It looked like they stood up at the last second.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Boys, caught you on the stream tonight and I have to say you play Sheeva about as well as she can be played right now. Really great stuff. Couple questions:

1) Why didn't you do more telestomp on knockdown? Isn't it a good option against most characters' wakeup?
2) Is bf+3 safe on block??
3) I saw you use a lot of EX telestomp, but isn't EX bf+3 her best use of meter (aside from breaker lol)?
4) Are you sure you were messing up the input on those crouch grabs? It looked like they stood up at the last second.
Telestomp can be hit out of if it isn't timed correctly
bf+3 is positive on block
EX bf+3 is her best wake-up
crouch throws are a lot harder to land than most other games.

Those ex tele stomps were actually mistakes. :z
Yes I messed up the inputs, usually I just did a full combo ending with BF3. And I still need to get used to en grabs... and something I noticed the other day it seems en BF3 = guaranteed Ground Pound.

Opponents wake up is really the only time I throw out random telestomps. They're just really unsafe, and can be NJP'd which tends to happen when I play Reo who I have a nice connection with. I still use them if the opponent is throwing out projectiles though. Oh, and if I'm abusing lag.

wEEman33

Noob
Yeah Sheeva got a lot tougher to use online now that the lag is fixed and you can't abuse telestomp. People have a lot more time to react and punish you now.

Where can I view the footage from Boys playing last night? I'd love to see a good Sheeva player in action to pick up some tips.

Digi was lighting people up on his stream with Sheeva earlier tonight too. I had some close games against him with my Reptile but he beat me more than I beat him and his Sheeva is really, really nice. At one point I think he had 11 wins in a row with Sheeva in koth lol. EX bf+3 = people now have a reason to fear Sheeva on wakeup.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
yeah, i finally beat him on KOTH with my sheeva!! i mean, ive beaten him before with my "lame style" Sheeva but im really trying to learn her pokes and develop a better style. right now my worst matchup is Scorpion. dude can stuff telestomp with his telepunch or just throw it randomly to check you. and if he see you hugging the block button or not reacting enough to him he can hellfire you back to the stone age. basically any character that can be played randomly doesnt feel right for sheeva.

yeah, i finally beat him on KOTH with my sheeva!! i mean, ive beaten him before with my "lame style" Sheeva but im really trying to learn her pokes and develop a better style. right now my worst matchup is Scorpion. dude can stuff telestomp with his telepunch or just throw it randomly to check you. and if he see you hugging the block button or not reacting enough to him he can hellfire you back to the stone age. basically any character that can be played randomly doesnt feel right for sheeva.
Yeah Sheeva needs to be able to turtle well so I can see how Hellfire would throw things off...

Scorpion is a hard match up. You need good reactions like in MKDC if you played it. Teleport if he throws out a random spear and you're full screen, if he is just sitting there dash standing block, as soon as you see his arms raise jump. When he's on you he will most likely end a combo in a teleport to go for a mix up, this is easy to defend against, just use fuzzy guard. Hellfire is guaranteed though. Remember that his B2 overhead is punishable. Try to stuff his 'safe' air teleports and En teleports if he's trying to close the distance with a D1 BF3. If he is spamming his 1, 11, and 111, strings, En BF3 to keep him in check, which brings me to something else that I knew would happen. I'm starting to rely too much on En BF3. This is probably the best thing that has ever happened to her but I still to not rely on it too much on knock down.

wEEman33

Noob
How do you punish Scorpion's teleport?

I block his teleport punch easy enough, but then people usually go right into a string before I can punish, and I'm forced to block an additional 3 - 4 hits.

I block his teleport punch easy enough, but then people usually go right into a string before I can punish, and I'm forced to block an additional 3 - 4 hits.
Scorpion's EX Teleport is advantage on block. It can't be punished.

EX bf+3 to grab them out of their string :evilgrin:

wEEman33

Noob
After getting my butt kicked over and over again by Mileena, I finally figured out a nice trick against her:

When you telestomp, it usually provokes a teleport kick from Mileena. That's because normally, the teleport kick beats Sheeva's telestomp every time.

But if you telestomp behind Mileena, you will both land on the ground, but you will have the frame advantage over Mileena and be free to punish her!

This really messes with most Mileenas' head and throws them off their game lol

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Sheeva looks bad ass. Anyone know what the low hit is that combos into her command standing grab? Saw someone do it in a vid. Not on my xbox to mess around and figure it out myself.

I think digi was telling me that bf+3 gives plus frames on block now, essentially rewarding her for actually being able to start a string. Is this true?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I think digi was telling me that bf+3 gives plus frames on block now, essentially rewarding her for actually being able to start a string. Is this true?
I'd take his word on it, digi is the only good Sheeva player I've seen.

Iniquity please! You haven't seen Boysx3 in action?
Dat stomp...

I can't remember if I'm remembering what digi told me clearly though, lol
I might be making this crap up out of wishful desires.

wEEman33

Noob
Against Raiden:

How do you counter him when he teleports in and immediately goes into a cross up?

I could not figure out anyway to disrupt it outside of blocking his full string and waiting to D3 out of it at the end of his string.

Against Raiden, you have to read the teleport, you can't react to it afterwards. Sheeva might be able to throw an EX bf+3 in as he's jumping if you're fast and precise. not sure...