What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator General Discussion Thread

Noob
Hmm interesting i guess Predator and Wonder Woman are pals, cause he flies off in her Injustice Stealth jet in his outro OO

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Found out you can get instant air smart disc to hit standing opponents on the way out. Like before it stops and tracks. Don't think it has any uses by itself but might be good for combos or something of that nature. maybe a setup.

Do ya guys know how to punish Bojutsu Kung Jin's Bo Spin? It pushes him back too far and it seems like none of his nornals reaches in time. I tried buffering a run after the blockstun to try to punish but that didn't work either. Only solution I found was jumping over him on wakeup but in the corner I'd corner myself instead.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Do ya guys know how to punish Bojutsu Kung Jin's Bo Spin? It pushes him back too far and it seems like none of his nornals reaches in time. I tried buffering a run after the blockstun to try to punish but that didn't work either. Only solution I found was jumping over him on wakeup but in the corner I'd corner myself instead.
B22 doesn't reach?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
from messing about with predator i like the hunter one most, though i feel hishquten might be "better".
plus on block d1/f4 both super good also

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Universal Combo

B3, 1, 1 + BF4 xx ~ NJ2 ~ JI3 + BF2 ~ RK ~ B3, 1, 1 + BF4 (41% 1 bar)

Also did not see anyone talk about Tom Brady's video so I'll put it here so that the potential "unblockable" could get some atention.

You can also drop the trap mid combo when in the air so that you have another "safe" option, but that would mean you'd have to sacrifice potencial damage for mix / set ups.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't know if anyone tried this stuff but:
You can get IA disc to hit a standing opponent on the way out.
If you launch and then do jump in punch, you can cancel into Air discs anytime during your fast decent from the punch.

There might be some cool followups or setups you can do with this info. I couldn't really find anything but maybe someone can so I'm just putting it out there.

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
If you launch and then do jump in punch, you can cancel into Air discs anytime during your fast decent from the punch.

There might be some cool followups or setups you can do with this info. I couldn't really find anything but maybe someone can so I'm just putting it out there.
You can do a jump in kick to for mor damage, but it's just 1-2 % more

yugzilla

Noob

i been doing this for the past hour and the most damage i managed to get was 38 with 1 bar

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You can do a jump in kick to for mor damage, but it's just 1-2 % more
I wasn't so much concerned with the damage but more with if there was potential in being able to do either of those things. Unless you're telling me whatever you can get with doing jip low air disc you can get just by doing jik into air disc. Then oh. . .

EDIT: Any predator's on steam please friend me. I want to learn to play against this character too. Plus it'd be nice to have a way to talk to someone about Predator things in case they aren't on TYM

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
does he have any hit confirmable strings into special?
I was playing around with his strings and i think for the most part if you don't do the last attack in a string you're safe. So my plan for instance in doing 1,2,2, would be to do 1,2 and see if hit then do the last 2 and cancel into bf4 for the combo. I did the same for his f2 string. I don't know if it's applicable to everything he has but that's my process for right now.

In HQT low blast is pretty safe so I would just do the string and then if it's being blocked just cancel into that. I don't know if it's a true blockstring off of every string though.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
does he have any hit confirmable strings into special?
B22 and B311. B22 is way easier. Its pretty slow.. But is a great footsies tool, great range. In Hunter you have the option to end the string with an overhead (b22d2) or a low (ex close trap). Be careful though, there is a gap and it can totally be armored through.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
Warrior self detonations setups

50% meterless

64% for 1 bar

82% for 2 bars

84% for 2 bars

What do u think?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I found out depending on when the detonate pops during a throw animation you get different launch heights and spacing. Also, if you connect with scimitar stab on and/or maybe around the same frame as the detonate goes the opponent won't get hit by the explosion. (Forgot to check if Predator still gets hurt)

EDIT: detonate is also unbreakable.

Last edited: