What's new

Question - Summoner Post Patch Quan Chi Discussion

How is Quan Chi after these hypothetical changes?

• Total voters

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
for as much as I hated summoner, this nerf is way too heavy. they could have just made the low bat a mid and nerf the damage.
If they mad a low bat a mid what would be the point of a low bat though?
What about a change similar to how Special Forces is now. Sonya has to press her wrist in order for a drone special to come out. What if summoner has to do something similar in that he can't just activate the bat special at any time?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
What about a change similar to how Special Forces is now. Sonya has to press her wrist in order for a drone special to come out. What if summoner has to do something similar in that he can't just activate the bat special at any time?
I think that would make summoner just as good as variationless quan chi honestly, the bat attacks aren't as good as the drone attacks, plus the drone has more shots.

Arzumis

Noob
And for those who are saying that Quan still has ex skull.
Iirc nothing jails into ex skull as its slower than rune.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm dropping quan chi. if these stick. Thanks scrubs for ruining a character that only needed a damage nerf and make low bat mid. Just like assholes making predators 3 a high, this is totally uncalled for. Making trance have more recovery messes up all of his variations. And it's bullshit if mb rune is gonna be negative. Kung Laos mb hatspin was +27 on block and it's still +7. And quan chi goes from being +14 to negative? Fuck outta here. They coul have very well just take some + frames away like make it +6 or something. But nah just give him the mk9 Kano treatment
I suppose the idea would be that if the opponent guesses correctly on a vortex, they have a chance to escape, opposed to just having to guess again, as most vortex characters are supposed to work.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I suppose the idea would be that if the opponent guesses correctly on a vortex, they have a chance to escape, opposed to just having to guess again, as most vortex characters are supposed to work.
well you when you used to have 3 turns, people get upset when it comes down to 1.

Hell my character doesn't have a vortex.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'd agree in general, but MKX is "special". I mean Sonya has 2 50/50s in a row + command grab in CO and don't get me started on the bombs into 50/50s.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
This really sucks cause I love zoning characters. Thats why I choose Shang Tsung as my main(hopeful for his return). Quan Chi is awesome and I hate to see him place down to tier due to non zoning lovers. How about we just buff fighters that need help and make everyone a A-S tier level. Only a dream I see.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
And for those who are saying that Quan still has ex skull.
Iirc nothing jails into ex skull as its slower than rune.
F212 ex skull, 14 ex skull jail. Then 14 ex skull 141 just like chip spell with tune but 1-5 Percent less

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Honestly, I would prefer that they just buff mid and low tiers up to A tier, basically, until they're as good as Kung Lao. But 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 mixups need to go tbh.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
NRS PLEASE KILL THIS CHARACTER!
Anti Zoner detected

Fuck this character.
Anti Zoner Detected

I find this stupid when I play Sonya Drone stance. It would be nice to string a shotgun blast at a end of a string to get away or continue pressure. Making it a +2 or something. Then being string a low or mid ( change it to Overhead) homing drone would a great mix up tool.

Now with the drone energy blast, we can keep that as it is. I use that for a why to get in to keep the other person blocking or freaking out.

Honestly, I would prefer that they just buff mid and low tiers up to A tier, basically, until they're as good as Kung Lao.
People say this a lot... as opposed to nerfing characters. But if NRS actually did this, I guarantee you TYM would flip shit even harder. People tend to hate overbuffs way more then overnerfs in the long run.

And I hate nerfs as much as the next guy, but if anyone here is the type of player to drop a character for not being top or whatever, (nothing wrong with that, btw), then why would these nerfs even be a big deal? You'll just find another top tier to play with, right? Plus, is it possible that the rumored nerfs either won't all happen, or won't be as bad as people think right now?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But couldn't you always just EX Spin between the gaps or inside the EX Rune for full combo and near half screen wall carry though? Maybe more people should have used their defensive options rather than complain.

+14 to -1 is too much.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
They didn't nerf him because "anti zoner zealots" they nerfed it because of the 50/50 on top of 50/50 on top of 50/50. You still have ex skull and I'm sure rune will still be plus from full screen like normal skull is.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Anti Zoner detected

Anti Zoner Detected

I find this stupid when I play Sonya Drone stance. It would be nice to string a shotgun blast at a end of a string to get away or continue pressure. Making it a +2 or something. Then being string a low or mid ( change it to Overhead) homing drone would a great mix up tool.

Now with the drone energy blast, we can keep that as it is. I use that for a why to get in to keep the other person blocking or freaking out.
Nah, i zone with tremor too.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Cool beans then. We must protect the few zoners this game do have that works. MKZ already caters to rushdowns.
It is true that there are more rush down characters in the game, but quan chi and tremor both characters have good zoning and almost better rush down though.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
-Make D+LT bat a mid (still usable for pressure/safety on negative strings)
-Give B2 like 3 more startup frames to make it slightly more reactable
-Give EX Trance 1 hit of armor(great armor move but super punishable i.e. Lao EX Spin)

Done. Summoner loses hard-to-blockables, but still remains largely the same character, and gains some wake up options. Sorcerer and Warlock are only slightly affected with B2 change, while gaining the ability to trade projectiles with EX Trance and run in for a short 141 into set up or something. Might not be the best changes, but I think it's a start and an approach like this should be taken by NRS so as to not destroy his other variations. What do you guys think?

Edit: I have not yet watched Dink's video as I am at work, so I apologize if I say something that has already been mentioned.

Last edited:

gam224

The world's least hype player
Anti Zoner detected

Anti Zoner Detected

Lol I can't rush down I'm a kitana main