What's new

People want your character NERFED. Why should s/he stay the way they are?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You guys hating on Chihaya have no clue what you're talking about. Demolition is clearly the worst in the game I'm calling it out a month from now when the patch hits 4 tuesdays from now. She needs to be buffed her grenades need to be +7 to be viable and explosive nade is useless it needs to do 12%

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I hear people complain about Jax's Energy Wave being +8 on block, but it's really only an issue in the corner (midscreen you can armor, backdash, low poke, jump, etc). And let's be real, a high-hitting, gap-having, +8 frame trap that doesn't lead to anything on hit has nothing on fireball cancels, full-screen 50/50's, or restands into 50/50s. Yeah, Jax has a restand, but it's only +3, leaving the guessing game intact.
I know right! not like you have 30 frames to neutral duck it on reaction and full combo punish it! Dam that projectile its so cheap.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
The only thing Quan needs normalized is his damage. Everything else is perfectly fine. Trust me if people know the match up it's a tough W for Quan. No need for 66% 2 bar or 70% 3 bar. But 1 bar for 50% Corner combo should be for everyone period!

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Jax: Difficult to play, his pressure is based entirely on reading your opponent and he is not doing a bunch of chip at the same time, his projectiles compliment the characters spacing rather than making him a zoner, his movement in terms of speed i feel is very balanced also which all equals up to Jax being a character that requires good fighting game fundamentals to succeed with.
This is very true. Jax should remain untouched. IMO though I would like the safe b2 option select removed. I would like to LAW cancel off of it even on hit.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
NERF MILEENA!
I would make her EX roll a mid, add 12 recovery frames to her vanish, make B1 in Piercing 20 frames and she can no longer throw a sai after telekick on block... Like, it goes over people when it should clearly hit so why keeping it?

Oh and what about making her F3 40 frames so people won't bitch about a 30F overhead because " it's not reactable online"

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
This is very true. Jax should remain untouched. IMO though I would like the safe b2 option select removed. I would like to LAW cancel off of it even on hit.
Now does the OS really need to go, after doing some thought on this I weighted the strengths and weaknesses of the overhead. Because its not special cancel able on block we cannot, be fully unsafe when throwing out buffered EX overheads but we also can't be -4 throwing out GG's. Because we can't RC we can't opt to use it as our 50/50 method and condition our opponent simultaneously. The range is up close, the overhead on whiff is easily whiff punished. We have a gap in our low starter which especially in Wrestler and PU where we cannot make it safe. All of our pokes don't let us jail an B2 outside of D4 with the opponent in the corner meaning that even after putting the work into opening our opponent up and hitconfirming a poke we can still get armored. It is only jailled from a few select strings.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
You can law cancel on hit I believe but the link is tighter than a nun's ass. I don't think it can even be done midscreen.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
At this point I don't even care. NRS just went balls out with MKx. To make this game not cheap it'd have to be a different game. So fuck it give everyone easy mids (that don't miss crouchers), plus 10+ frames on block moves and let everyone spend meter to negate a mistake/be even more plus/ mixup. Then just let it all rock so everyone can be happy and no one has to worry about
"why is my block pressure nerfed and not that guy?"
"What do you mean it's not fair to make you guess every time I touch with barely any risk to myself?"
"If you take away my easy tools then my character will suck! That's all I've got man!"
"There's nothing I can do!"

I honestly think the vast majority of complainers have never played a MK game in the last 10 years ago or so (patches/fixes never existed)

Once any infinities, bugs and general functionality issues are ironed out then leave the character balance/design alone. It is what it is and NRS game designers are paid to do a job they see fit on what should be in the game or not.

However, fixing some character specific variations, such as lao's Tempest day 1 is fine, since the day release of MKX was a beta, yet in it's current form IMO, it doesn't need any major changes.

Make do with the tools we have and learn to adapt and adjust to different MU's, etc, instead of being butt hurt over Tanya lately lol, because if was not her, it be someone else, blah, blah.

The game is only 8 months old with loads to discover, due to the variation system it has.