What's new

General/Other - Raiden (Old) Raiden Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Displacer looks like a lot more improved version of MK9 Raiden, im not interested in other variations. Especially since only Displacer will have teleport (IIRC).

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Displacer looks like a lot more improved version of MK9 Raiden...
So are possibly other characters if we are to compare volume of viable tools. But ofc we don't know this yet.

Especially since only Displacer will have teleport (IIRC).
Yes, that is the case.
I must say that other variations also look interesting in a sense, but I agree that they don't exactly share classical Raiden playstyle.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Hello , Raiden was my alt in MK9 and i have question about his ''Teleport'' move in the Displacer Variation.

His Teleport input was :d:u in MK9 but from what i know he has 3 Types of Teleport in the Displacer Variation , does anyone know his MK X inputs for them? :rolleyes:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
For reasons I do not wish to share...I will definitely give Raiden a go. Everyone seems to be obsessed with displacer Raiden, but I have a feeling Master of Storms will be solid.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
For reasons I do not wish to share...I will definitely give Raiden a go. Everyone seems to be obsessed with displacer Raiden, but I have a feeling Master of Storms will be solid.
In my opinion he may end up having decent pressure every now and then. But without knowing how thunderballs work on block, it's hard to tell. If you must block it for entire duration, then even d3/f4 (or whatever inputs for equivalents now are) can become something.

Hello , Raiden was my alt in MK9 and i have question about his ''Teleport'' move in the Displacer Variation.

His Teleport input was :d:u in MK9 but from what i know he has 3 Types of Teleport in the Displacer Variation , does anyone know his MK X inputs for them? :rolleyes:
One of them is still du apparently. Don't know about the rest.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You have to input f or b after the d,u, injustice style. That's how I remember I saw it.

The main question here is how broken the teleport will be.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The main question here is how broken the teleport will be.
When he was used on stream lately, it looked like teleport is still invincible on startup. So at least that much broken. I'm already braced for rampant complaining and recovery nerfs making it impossible to whiff punish anything but most careless stuff. Maybe as it should be, I don't know...

Regardless, if you're a part of down-to-earth community, you'd probably want to learn more than just Displacer as there will be a lot of "teleport OP" shittalk to shut up.

Well... I'm probably more worked up about it than I should be. You know that something is wrong when your own post reminds you of M2Dave... ;)

Last edited:
Well... I'm suddenly less excited for Raiden. From Qwark28 in the thread where people who have the game are leaking move info:

Raiden

whuuthfukruhfkaaaaa is the same
ex whuthuhutukakfkaaaaaa looks armoured and wallcarries the opponent a third of the stage once caught

throw throws fscreen

slightly slower than average walkspeed

meh f dash
bad backdash

mediocre fireball, not a "just give him a generic fireball" bad but mediocre compared to a zoning chars

vicinity blast will not be whiffed for meter build, super punishable on whiff

electrocute sends fullscreen on hit, on whiff is a little better than a command grab per se

has doomsday's upwards venom, ex version is the exact same but overhead and uncrouchable to make it whiff

traps can be set - front, behind, away, above, above and in front, above and behind

the moment you set a second trap they connect via lightning, set a third one and after the first one is gone the other 2, assuming reasonable distance, will now connect

Normal [teleport]
10f startup, 27 recovery, can go 4 places
EX 0 startup, 7 recovery, can go one place i think

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
As much as I mained him in MK9, I will probably just stick with Mileena and Kenshi.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well... I'm suddenly less excited for Raiden. From Qwark28 in the thread where people who have the game are leaking move info:
The only thing that really turns me off there is that tele is so much slower this time. What do you even do with it now? Also, delayed tele got axed?
Ability to sustain lightning trap is nice, as well as much more variety of places to put thunderballs, but the most interesting thing to me right now is how does it works on block?
All in all, at this point I'm mostly intereted in Stormlord anyway, so...
@Qwark28

The rest is what we expected.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The only thing that really turns me off there is that tele is so much slower this time. What do you even do with it now? Also, delayed tele got axed?
Ability to sustain lightning trap is nice, as well as much more variety of places to put thunderballs, but the most interesting thing to me right now is how does it works on block?
@Qwark28

theyre MMH orbs that last 8 second and are completely harmless if not linked to another

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
theyre MMH orbs that last 8 second and are completely harmless if not linked to another
Yes, we know that much already. I was just wondering what happens if they connect through you while you are blocking. Do you have to block for the duration, allowing Raiden to go with something like Milia's setups with ring/sphere (with unfortunate implication that it may be broken AF because you basically can extend it forever by rotating placement of new balls as it turns out now), or do they just become harmless once blocked like it was with MK9 ex-freeze of SZ.
Depending on how that works, this will make huge difference with how MoS is played.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yes, we know that much already. I was just wondering what happens if they connect through you while you are blocking. Do you have to block for the duration, allowing Raiden to go with something like Milia's setups with ring/sphere (with unfortunate implication that it may be broken AF because you basically can extend it forever by rotating placement of new balls as it turns out now), or do they just become harmless once blocked like it was with MK9 ex-freeze of SZ.
Depending on how that works, this will make huge difference with how MoS is played.
Functions in the same sense as MMH orbs, raiden moves around while the other dude's in blockstun

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Good to know, thanks!
Basically, there will probably be a way to have another go at pressure attempt using some setup, just like with many other characters in with setup abilities, looks linda consistent so far.
Proxy setups will probably be more powerful if one can actually pull them off though, kinda like with ice clone.

@Qwark28

Seriously, what the hell is teleport supposed to be useful for?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Seriously, what the hell is teleport supposed to be useful for?
To be fair, we now have f1 that is 5f, mid and reportedly still has good reach (don't quote me on that though, refer to original thread if you need something). Before we had to rely on b3 that was 15f, so that kind of cancels out the increased recovery of teleport. It's more baitable now, but also has options to land out of reach without meter as long as you have stamina. So my guess is that it isn't that bad. TP "pressure" won't be an option though, I think. Not that it was good post-patch in MK9 anyways.

I really will have to rearrange my controls. f14 will hurt to input if I keep my controls the way they are now.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Does anyone have a decent gameplay video? like his moves and all?
I just found a very decent combo video w/ his Thunder God variation. Looked pretty impressive I must say.

But seriously... This is Thunder God variation that's suppose to do the Most dmg, right? Then why the hell this 34 hit ex combo only does 29% dmg? Doesn't make any sense. Pig already found few combos for Kenshi with less hits for 37-40% dmg. That's from 11-12hit combos lol. Raiden nerfed or what.

Last edited:

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I just found a very decent combo video w/ his Thunder God variation. Looked pretty impressive I must say.

But seriously... This is Thunder God variation that's suppose to do the Most dmg, right? Then why the hell this 34 hit ex combo only does 29% dmg? Doesn't make any sense. Pig already found few combos for Kenshi with less hits for 37-40% dmg. That's from 11-12hit combos lol. Raiden nerfed or what.

Yeah I mean looking at the combo it looks like he uses two bars in one combo, which I imagine scales the damage considerably.

I want to try this variation at least some but to be honest I am really curious to see his displacer variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.