What's new

General/Other - Raiden (Old) Raiden Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
What you don't understand is that my point is the 7f of recovery. MK9 Raiden had a teleport widely regarded as objectively unpunishable unless you're 100% expecting it because you simply couldn't react to it. That teleport was 19f of recovery once he switched sides, this has 7. Almost 3 times as fast.
That teleport also had 10f startup, so true 0/7 move is actually 4 times faster.

Invulnerability would do you absolutely nothing on startup because the move literally has no startup. It's 0.

As a reversal, EX teleport is better than any teleport in a fighting game ever released.
Okay, fair enough.
Can you remember frame data of regular teleport? Is it listed like 10/something still or 0/whatever?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That teleport also had 10f startup, so true 0/7 move is actually 4 times faster.

Okay, fair enough.
Can you remember frame data of regular teleport? Is it listed like 10/something still or 0/whatever?
The startup of MK9 TP was 1, the duration was 10/20 until he came up behind you, where he would enter into recovery frames.

The regular teleport is 10f startup and IIRC 20 recovery.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The startup of MK9 TP was 1, the duration was 10/20 until he came up behind you, where he would enter into recovery frames.

The regular teleport is 10f startup and IIRC 20 recovery.
So, as I've suspected, it's a conflict of terminology. I preferred to think of MK9 teleport as of move with 10 f startup, invincible (to most things) after the fist frame. I guess it's because Somberness formulated it like that.

If it's 10/20 for MKX regular TP, then it's pretty much the same, just (I suspect) it's no longer an invincible reversal, but positioning tool. Fair enough, I guess, considering that you have more options with it now...

Thank you.

Albo

Noob
I have the question btw. I think someone said already that last hit of b111+3 isn't really a throw, but can somebody confirm that?
It isn't and it's -28 on block. I see it mainly used as a combo ender for damage though the listed damage in the menu's looks like most of it is wrong to me. I can see another patch coming soon.

Also they've changed frame data for many characters after a hotfix yesterday and raidens f1 is now 5f, one of the fastest normals in the game, however it doesn't link into anything good.

What I really like about tele now is that you can tele behind and away so if the opponent tries to punish you can bait and punish their whiff. Ex tele seems really good. 0f start up and has some invulnerability. Will be useful for using in between gaps in strings to punish.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Also they've changed frame data for many characters after a hotfix yesterday and raidens f1 is now 5f, one of the fastest normals in the game, however it doesn't link into anything good.
To be honest, it was reported quite some time ago. I guess patches don't arrive to everyone at once. Also some people said that you can connect f1~Ex-Shocker.

What I really like about tele now is that you can tele behind and away so if the opponent tries to punish you can bait and punish their whiff. Ex tele seems really good. 0f start up and has some invulnerability. Will be useful for using in between gaps in strings to punish.
I feel that there should be a good way to use regular neutral tele in neutral, because otherwise luring people into pushing buttons to use directional TPs meaningfully will be somewhat challenging. Good reaching tools are welcome too. At least we know about Ex-Shocker at this point.

Thing is, people are mostly used to not throwing random shit against Raiden in neutral, but this time he will need meter to use against things you could counter with regular tele before - apparently.

Albo

Noob
To be honest, it was reported quite some time ago. I guess patches don't arrive to everyone at once. Also some people said that you can connect f1~Ex-Shocker.

I feel that there should be a good way to use regular neutral tele in neutral, because otherwise luring people into pushing buttons to use directional TPs meaningfully will be somewhat challenging. Good reaching tools are welcome too. At least we know about Ex-Shocker at this point.

Thing is, people are mostly used to not throwing random shit against Raiden in neutral, but this time he will need meter to use against things you could counter with regular tele before - apparently.

You can though you can't hit confirm and ex shocker is -13. Regular is actually -6 for some reason so that would be safer to do however it can be armored in between(this is all subject to change though since there's so much incorrectly labelled info in the menu's)

I feel displacer variation is all about reading your opponent well and using tele mind games effectively to bait and punish so like mk9 raiden on roids. You have so many options with tele that there's so much for the opponent to be thinking about. You can mix it up with tele, then far tele to bait regular tele punishes, then ex tele etc (there's also an option to stay in front but I don't see a use for this). In this vari you can ex extend superman for extra 7% damage whiff punishes. But like mk9 raiden in terms of nuetral he doesn't have much. Nothing like b312 though he has a good d4 12f start and +2 on block, +24 on hit and F2 2+4 seems like a good advancing string that can be linked in specials and is 0 on block. F4 is ok advancing normal but slow 23f startup and -11 on block. I feel the other various have better options for neutral game, offense and setups.

I know this isn't the thread for this question but is it true there are unlockable characters in the game? And if so how many?
No spoilers please

Status
Not open for further replies.