What's new

General/Other - Raiden (Old) Raiden Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm new here but I want to learn Raiden as my main. Played mk9 casually but am looking to take my mkx game to the next level...tournament level one day is the plan. I plan on learning as much as I can from you guys and maybe even play a few matches online. Sound like a plan?

Thanks! There are a few other characters I want to try but he looks pretty fun to use. Waiting to get the game this week to see how he feels.

will post master of storms setups today
guys dont hold your breath, things did not turn out like i planned. all i can say is after b111+3 ender you get a free orb.

there are rare cases where you can summon orbs in a way that the opponent is under immediate pressure on getup. mostly you knock them out of range of the front orb with your combo enders. if you get it anyway, he must just block, no matter if high or low, and the blockstun is ridiculously short. if you attempt to throw, he will have recovered from blockstun already and can armor through.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
guys dont hold your breath, things did not turn out like i planned. all i can say is after b111+3 ender you get a free orb.

there are rare cases where you can summon orbs in a way that the opponent is under immediate pressure on getup. mostly you knock them out of range of the front orb with your combo enders. if you get it anyway, he must just block, no matter if high or low, and the blockstun is ridiculously short. if you attempt to throw, he will have recovered from blockstun already and can armor through.
Anti-hype.

Hopefully the day 1 patch changes some things for the better.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Anti-hype.

Hopefully the day 1 patch changes some things for the better.
Day 1 patch? Why would we expect things like that to be changed before like a month into the game?

Also, it was kinda expected. Some traps protect you even during your recovery from placing them and they still can be punished. This... Well, you know.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Day 1 patch? Why would we expect things like that to be changed before like a month into the game?

Also, it was kinda expected. Some traps protect you even during your recovery from placing them and they still can be punished. This... Well, you know.
Because there is a patch coming on day that is set to change some frame data. Basically update the disk version to the final version.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Because there is a patch coming on day that is set to change some frame data. Basically update the disk version to the final version.
What was described hardly sounds like something that is going to be changed by frame data adjustments, unless they are radical.

so can nobody due those awesome looking teleport combos?
Due to what?
Also, I think people didn't find normal TP combos and ex-tp ones don't seem to outdamage regular 1 bar combos thus far.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
What was described hardly sounds like something that is going to be changed by frame data adjustments, unless they are radical.

Due to what?
Also, I think people didn't find normal TP combos and ex-tp ones don't seem to outdamage regular 1 bar combos thus far.
Qwark has confirmed that some data mentioned in the Fatal 8 was different from his version of the game, so we don't know what the data will be like on release.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Well I'm sort of glad he won't be simple to pick up. I plan on playing this game for an eternity lol, I feel like characters that don't make you struggle a little bit aren't worth playing (at least in my opinion)

Also Raiden just looks so kool, He interests me the most out of all the kast

Hey everyone wanted to post some bnbs I'm maining raiden mos

* after b111+3 you get a free orb for set ups

Midscreen:
1 bar:
Overhead -Ji2, 34 or b2 run xx, 21df2m, b111+3.....37%
Low- Ji2, b33 df2m, nj2, run xx b111+3.....37%
Ji2, 214 df2m, nj2, run xx b111+3.....40%

2 bar:
Ji2, 214 df2m, nj2, 21 db3m, b111+3......44%

Corner with standing reset:

1 bar: ji2 b2, b2, b2 (only first hit) df2m, nj2 b14......39%
Ji2 34 34 3 df2m nj2 b14......38%

2bar: ji2 b2 or 34 starter df2m 21 db3m b111+3 then df4m for orb set up metered orb is +28 on block

If you lane the metered df4 then do:

No meter: nj2, 34 superman 24%
1 bar: nj2, 34 df2m b111+3 ......34%

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
theyre MMH orbs that last 8 second and are completely harmless if not linked to another
the orbs stay 10 seconds..and the activation lasts 2 seconds..
also maybe we should start a combo thread...
edit: teleport is 0f with mb..you can link normals with it like aris in injustice..but now with RunCancels you dont need it..

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the orbs stay 10 seconds..and the activation lasts 2 seconds..
also maybe we should start a combo thread...
edit: teleport is 0f with mb..you can link normals with it like aris in injustice..but now with RunCancels you dont need it..
0F startup, 7 recovery. Most broken thing in the game.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I have the question btw. I think someone said already that last hit of b111+3 isn't really a throw, but can somebody confirm that?

0F startup, 7 recovery. Most broken thing in the game.
Do TP and Ex-TP still get invulnerable startup?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I have the question btw. I think someone said already that last hit of b111+3 isn't really a throw, but can somebody confirm that?

Do TP and Ex-TP still get invulnerable startup?
You have a move that is instant, 7f duration and has you pumping out a string right after before anyone who isn't a superhuman has anything close to the reaction speed to notice and you want invulnerability too?

You literally have no way of knowing this is coming, nor can you do anything about it considering you have no way of reacting. By the time you see the flash of the teleport he is doing a string.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
There is no invunerability on wake up in this game..
also Quark Raiden had 0f teleport with great recovery with NO bar...i dont remember him broken tier or something like that..
Raiden needs his bars..mb tp on wake up is..ok i think?? But nothing that good...you have to be careful where and when you use you mb tp..
THIS ISN'T MK9 RAIDEN!!

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You have a move that is instant, 7f duration and has you pumping out a string right after before anyone who isn't a superhuman has anything close to the reaction speed to notice and you want invulnerability too?

You literally have no way of knowing this is coming, nor can you do anything about it considering you have no way of reacting. By the time you see the flash of the teleport he is doing a string.
Okay, invulnerability on 7/0 move is too much, but really I only wanted to keep the only thing that was good about Raiden in MK9 - decent reversal (okay, range of b3 was good to, but that's beside the point).

Well, it looks like it's time to completely reinvent Raiden.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
There is no invunerability on wake up in this game..
also Quark Raiden had 0f teleport with great recovery with NO bar...i dont remember him broken tier or something like that..
Raiden needs his bars..mb tp on wake up is..ok i think?? But nothing that good...you have to be careful whee and when you use you mb tp..
THIS ISN'T MK9 RAIDEN!!
What you don't understand is that my point is the 7f of recovery. MK9 Raiden had a teleport widely regarded as objectively unpunishable unless you're 100% expecting it because you simply couldn't react to it. That teleport was 19f of recovery once he switched sides, this has 7. Almost 3 times as fast.

This is a move that allows Raiden to get in before his opponent can humanly react to what just happened.

And just to clear this up, I'm not saying Raiden is broken, just this move.
Okay, invulnerability on 7/0 move is too much, but really I only wanted to keep the only thing that was good about Raiden in MK9 - decent reversal (okay, range of b3 was good to, but that's beside the point).

Well, it looks like it's time to completely reinvent Raiden.
Invulnerability would do you absolutely nothing on startup because the move literally has no startup. It's 0.

As a reversal, EX teleport is better than any teleport in a fighting game ever released.

Status
Not open for further replies.