What's new

General/Other - Goro (Old) Goro Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
since when was a grappler not a heavy hitter?
It's not about them being heavy hitters but FEELING like heavy hitters. By that I mean his animations and sound effects have to have an impact. Grundy is a good example and Ferra/Torr seem to have that as well, so I have faith in NRS. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. lol

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
So I'm guessing this character will be banned from tournaments until he's released to everyone? >.>

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So I'm guessing this character will be banned from tournaments until he's released to everyone? >.>
He's already available for everyone to get.

Banning him because some people didn't want to get him is like banning regular DLC characters like Kenshi because some people didn't want to purchase DLC.

The only reason I could see him being banned is at small scale tourneys where the operators might need to borrow machines and handling the DLC is a bit more complicated and bothersome.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Every time I see pictures of him from the movie now he looks dumber and dumber.

They definitely used movie Goro's face as inspiration in MKX.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So considering Goro is the game's big preorder incentive, does anyone else feel extremely uneasy that they haven't even offered up an explanation of his variations let alone a gameplay trailer yet? I feel like we should've seen a full breakdown with like Ed Boon talking about why it took so long to make Goro playable like... a - long - fucking - time - ago.

Bad omens?

JDM

Noob
I sure hope Goro is either a story mode unlockable like Quan Chi and Cyber Sub-Zero or is released for purchase to the public very shortly after release. I personally am very serious about diving in super hard at locals, majors etc for MKX as I felt like I got serious a little too late into it with my traveling for Injustice. I'd like as early a start with him as possible.

On the brightside, maybe Goro will be heavily featured in their upcoming stream in January. Goro also looks great in his updated look in the Kitana/Kung Lao trailer. I kind of miss the glowing yellowish orange eyes, but classic red looks sick too.
You live in Michigan, right? So you're coming to Ranbats? :)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
So considering Goro is the game's big preorder incentive, does anyone else feel extremely uneasy that they haven't even offered up an explanation of his variations let alone a gameplay trailer yet? I feel like we should've seen a full breakdown with like Ed Boon talking about why it took so long to make Goro playable like... a - long - fucking - time - ago.

Bad omens?
You might be putting too much thought into this, it's NRS after all. We haven't gotten a variation trailer for any of the original characters even though like everyone wants that. I agree that they should at least show us his variations but tbh, seeing Goro move in the "Who's Next" trailer gave me hopes again (because I was worried as well at some point) but I really don't think there's a reason to be, I trust NRS. From a marketing standpoint it doesn't make too much sense though, they want people to pre order the game to get Goro, shouldn't they show people what he can do in-game then? Oh well, not my problem, I'm just glad he'll be in the game as he's one of my favourite characters and my #1 main in MKX. :)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Bad omens?

I don't know if you've noticed how pre-order incentives usually work but let me tell ya:

They'r usually revealed as soon as possible to give people a reason to pre-order as soon as possible, but the actual in-depth trailers and information about them isn't shown until the month of release, sometimes not until a week or two before. It's a fence pushing strategy. "If you weren't sure about buying it, look at this radical shit right here, pre-order and you can get this awesome thing right away".

Of course that sucks for us non-casual fans of the series, but we aren't the target audience for its advertising.

That said, I could be wrong in this case, but this is what happens with most pre-order DLC, and it happened with MK9 and Injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.