What's new

General/Other - Goro (Old) Goro Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldriken

I'm coming in here to start beef.
I'm calling you out @Eldriken . Goro will be low tier, and Ferra/Torr will be the Bane to your Grundy.
Your ass is grass. Unless he has Body Splash.
If Goro is shit tier, I'm not using him. Fuck that. I said it a while back that I'm going with a top tier this go around. Whether they're my main or a secondary is TBA.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If Goro is shit tier, I'm not using him. Fuck that. I said it a while back that I'm going with a top tier this go around. Whether they're my main or a secondary is TBA.
The Ferra/Torr group welcomes you. I can promise we will be at least top 10.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
One of the devs said Goro will have 3 variations and be a fully fledged character, just like the others. He also mentioned that he'll get a proper trailer sooner or later. :) I've always loved Goro, I was so sad when he wasn't playable in MK9. Day 1 main for sure!

Espio

Kokomo
Too bad those of us who plan on competing offline will need to pick up a secondary at first.-.-
I sure hope Goro is either a story mode unlockable like Quan Chi and Cyber Sub-Zero or is released for purchase to the public very shortly after release. I personally am very serious about diving in super hard at locals, majors etc for MKX as I felt like I got serious a little too late into it with my traveling for Injustice. I'd like as early a start with him as possible.

On the brightside, maybe Goro will be heavily featured in their upcoming stream in January. Goro also looks great in his updated look in the Kitana/Kung Lao trailer. I kind of miss the glowing yellowish orange eyes, but classic red looks sick too.

I$AAC

Noob
When MKX first was announced, I said I would Main Kano and Goro if they are in the game. If he's anything like Bane or Doomsday I'll be very pleased!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Hopefully he has a 2 frame command grab like any real grappler should. NRS needs to take a page from Capcom when it comes to how to make grapplers terrifying up close.
Tbh it's not strictly needed, and let us not forget that Capcom's fastest moves are generally faster, so are grabs. IGAU's grappler could be pretty scary if not for sick anti-grappler option selects built into basic game mech, although lack of speed (on everything) kinda did its job too.

Sirop

Noob
Goro is one bad motherfucker! Mortal Kombat X and Goro as a playable character are going to make me buy a next-gen console. I'm so pumped for this!

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Grabs? Fuck grabs, I wanna see him earthshake the shit out of.. the earth. Just imagine him doing a four hit earthsake move... *drools*

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Why in the blue hell do you think they're going to give him anything similar to Earthshake?
Well first, because Boon said he (or one of his variations) will play similarly to Doomsday. And second, because he already had and earth quake type move in MK9.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Bruh cause Boon said so :DOGE
Troll recognize troll, but just to clarify for those who actually do think Boon said Goro would be like Doomsday in any way, shape, or form: no, he did not.

EDIT:

Well first, because Boon said he (or one of his variations) will play similarly to Doomsday. And second, because he already had and earth quake type move in MK9.
See above. Someone prematurely complained that Goro will be slow and Boon referenced Doomsday to remind us all that just being a big hitbox character doesn't necessarily mean he'll be slow. I sure wish at least one of his variations has him dashing around on some Doomsday shit with all four arms on the ground but Boon didn't even imply that Goro would play anything like Doomsday, so it's all just hopes and dreams right now.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Looking to the various character achetypes NRS has created/not created, their apparent love for armor, the fact that backdashes have some invincibility frames, and that only EX moves have invicibility on wake I am willing to bet the farm that Goro is going to be an Oki/Armor nightmare that will rely HEAVILY upon meter, will wreck frame trap/pressure characters (Kung Lao, Cage), will go about even with zoners, and will get wrecked by high mobility anti-zoners that can get a life lead and run for days (Raiden, Smoke, ect).

None the less I am very interested in Goro and will definitly give him a shot.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Also to anyone weary about the strength grapplers will have, remember NRS added the ability to end combos in grabs and MB them for +frames/standing resets. With a grapple character with armor and command grabs you can do some serious damage and will most likley have 50/50s

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
See above. Someone prematurely complained that Goro will be slow and Boon referenced Doomsday to remind us all that just being a big hitbox character doesn't necessarily mean he'll be slow. I sure wish at least one of his variations has him dashing around on some Doomsday shit with all four arms on the ground but Boon didn't even imply that Goro would play anything like Doomsday, so it's all just hopes and dreams right now.
Well okay, I can still hope though. As long as he feels like a heavy hitter I'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.