What's new

Northwest Majors MKX Hype, Updates and top 8!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
i bet my left nut that if it were SF5 on stream and it ran behind, you bet your asses they would have delayed skullgirls. first of all why is MKX so early in the pools? and before you say anything about pre reg numbers and entrants you must know that the schedule was made in advance, AND its week 2 of the game with testers playing.

this is the thing about tournaments, its a business. Mortal Kombat has the most potential out of any game to bring in new comers and grow the scene and number of entrants at tournaments. its been really clear that a majority of TO's and major tournaments never acknowledge that and continually shaft NRS games. they blame the number of entrants on the Community "oh they aren't traveling and entering and blah blah". well guess the fuck what? who's job is it to promote that? in a normal business who ever the marketing director is would have been fired 30 times over for how many times NRS games have been shafted indirectly or whatever.

this is the point. do not blame entrant numbers on anyone but yourself (talking to TO's). the Mortal kombat market is HUGE. i'm not saying shaft every other game at the place, but if it continues like this these tournaments that get sub par numbers for NRS games it will never change.

if you need an example of a TO doing it right look at jebailey and Vandy and even Big E. Vandy turned KIT into a premier event for NRS games thank you based @Vandy. aside from banning certain players i never felt Big e events shafting NRS and we always either get our own room or pot bonuses and free entry. what does NWM offer? *drops mic*
Dude, NRS games in the past at NWM got like 30 people max. This is a big anime tournament. What do you expect? MK got 80 something entrants. It was a big change. Calm down And change your diaper.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
They shouldn't have been promised

Real talk

When MKx is 3-4 years old and skull girls 2 launches I would understand if the tables were turned
Dude. We can't expect every tournament to give a new game a prime time slot. Surely you understand this. NWM has been a mainly anime tourney for awhile now and NRS games got like 30 entrants max the last 2-3 years in a row. The tourney ran behind because they didn't expect so many entrants and a lot of matches got held up because people were playing other games at the same time. NWM was great. We can't just stream all day.

It's not even 2 weeks into the game guys. Everything is going to be ok.

Dude. We can't expect every tournament to give a new game a prime time slot. Surely you understand this. NWM has been a mainly anime tourney for awhile now and NRS games got like 30 entrants max the last 2-3 years in a row. The tourney ran behind because they didn't expect so many entrants and a lot of matches got held up because people were playing other games at the same time. NWM was great. We can't just stream all day.

Look at the streaming schedule.
1.Teamkhaos2 only streamed till 8:30pm
2.They cut off MKX to show Skullgirls on time
3.They delayed Guilty Gear to show all of SG. (but couldn't do it for MKX)
4.With a new game release and being the first major 2 weeks into the game's lifespan they couldn't have anticipated that there would be huge entrant numbers? lol
5. The Tourney ran behind because the MKX setups arrived 30 minutes before the tourney started.

Not showing loser's at all and the decision to cut pool 4 was just inexcusable.

The right call would have been to man up, delay SG, show everything and make 13000 viewers happy.

haketh

Noob
Look at the streaming schedule.
1.Teamkhaos2 only streamed till 8:30pm
2.They cut off MKX to show Skullgirls on time
3.They delayed Guilty Gear to show all of SG. (but couldn't do it for MKX)
4.With a new game release and being the first major 2 weeks into the game's lifespan they couldn't have anticipated that there would be huge entrant numbers? lol
5. The Tourney ran behind because the MKX setups arrived 30 minutes before the tourney started.

Not showing loser's at all and the decision to cut pool 4 was just inexcusable.

The right call would have been to man up, delay SG, show everything and make 13000 viewers happy.
Never run tournaments please

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I didn't know NWM is to anime what frosty Faustings is to Guilty gear

Either way tourney was hype, wish the tom vs footwork MU was show as well as all of @STB Shujinkydink who to my knowledge this has been his best showing ever in his FGC resume

I'm annoyed for him it wasn't seen

peaces

Noob
worst run majors ever. mkx, usf4, umvc3 pools hardly got any stream time. what a joke. why would anyone come to this major again? stream a buncha games noone gives a shit about. where are the so called recorded matches? majors always tell this same lie about recording matches. all these tier posts are also pathetic.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@MK_REO: Top eight for @NorthwestMajors in MKX are: W -REO, Slayer, Shujinkydink, Wonder Chef. L - Krayzie, Footwurk, Chris G, Justin Wong

So looks like we are gonna get some hype mirrors in winners - battle of the bragging rights

Kung Jin v Kung Jin
Quan vs quan

Then in losers
Dvorah v Kung Jin
Raiden vs scorpion

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
@MK_REO: Top eight for @NorthwestMajors in MKX are: W -REO, Slayer, Shujinkydink, Wonder Chef. L - Krayzie, Footwurk, Chris G, Justin Wong

So looks like we are gonna get some hype mirrors in winners - battle of the bragging rights

Kung Jin v Kung Jin
Quan vs quan

Then in losers
Dvorah v Kung Jin
Raiden vs scorpion
I thought Slayer uses Lao? Did he use Kung Jin for this?

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3

Kung Jin v Kung Jin
Quan vs quan

Then in losers
Dvorah v Kung Jin
Raiden vs scorpion
REO also uses Cassie Cage so you can't rule out him using her.