What's new

No longer S-tier?

Griefa

Noob
Kano still rapes. Id be happy to prove it to anyone who thinks otherwise. Isnt it funny how many reptiles show up after Chris G won CEO? I bet they were playing Kung Lao the week before!

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"half a tier seeing how he was bearly S tier and he's now A+ which is still up there I still don't see what the big deal is"

The big deal is "Why him?" Why's a perfectly awesome and long overdue character have to take that hit and not Sub-Zero? Or Cage? They get to sit pretty right where they are.

So I say again: Move changes? If absolutely necessary, sure. Not compensating the character in any way to keep him as strong as he was overall? No. Not unless there's clear evidence of gross imbalance in high level structured play.

"Why should that prick to be able to zone well and do super damage?"

Being able to crack 40% midscreen with meter is "super damage" in your book?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
All I see is a Kano-player-wannabe complaining about his inability of throwing hundreds of thousands of knifes at the other side of the screen and spamming as much Upballs as he can after the hotfix.
"SipMilkOutMyAss" (PSN) is happy about the nerfes and will continue using his awesome Kano (best Kano online IMO) whose doesn't spam anything.

Oh well, I gotta get outta here! :confused:

DCT

Noob
"yes his combo damage should be adjusted a bit, I do agree there."

Why would you agree with someone who isn't even an "actual player." :)

"all this pointless complaining isn't going to make NRS change their minds and repeal the fix."

Considering they seems to base literally every change they make on "pointless complaining" instead of objective stuff like tournament results, you never know...
Right and you base that on what? nothing outside of Kano taking a hit. Seriously I get sick of hearing that from people when their character has something cheap or some glitch that was never intended get's hit with the nerf stick, *Cough* *bomb trap* *Cough* if they honestly based that on pointless whining Scorp's hellfire would be blockable, Noob's shadows would be gone, Kung Lao and Raiden would be bottom tier, Subz would lose his ice clone and his ice ball would be faster, Cyber Subz would have a bomb trap, bottom tier would be god tier, or this game would be exactly like street fighter 4 with fatalities. Or all of the above and more stuff to ridiculous to bother retyping(just read some of the complaints on the Themortalkombat.com forums when it comes back up)

But it's not so there you go.

GStick

Noob
All I see is a Kano-player-wannabe complaining about his inability of throwing hundreds of thousands of knifes at the other side of the screen and spamming as much Upballs as he can after the hotfix.
"SipMilkOutMyAss" (PSN) is happy about the nerfes and will continue using his awesome Kano (best Kano online IMO) whose doesn't spam anything.

Oh well, I gotta get outta here! :confused:
Played him the other day. Lost. :(

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"If that's how you feel then why are you playing this game then?"

Why does anybody who grew up loving MK still play? At this point, if they're smart, they know they're not going to the silky smooth netplay of an Arc System or Capcom fighter, the depth of a Namco or AM2 one, etc. They know they're getting an overly flawed game from an overly flawed producer and not a true "world class" fighter, but...they love the characters and the style of the game. Just like they always have. And while they're aware of the tradeoffs, they sure as hell don't have to pretend to be happy about them.

That's all I have to say about that.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"You cannot be serious. I will never believe that this post is serious."

When I see something that leads me to believe that the NRS team bases their character tweaks on anything more sophisticated or objective than browsing their Twitter feeds with an eye toward "squeakiest wheel gets the oil", I'll let you know.

DCT

Noob
"If that's how you feel then why are you playing this game then?"

Why does anybody who grew up loving MK still play? At this point, if they're smart, they know they're not going to the silky smooth netplay of an Arc System or Capcom fighter, the depth of a Namco or AM2 one, etc. -snip-
Wow okay knowing people who played capcom fighters and played them myself since SF1 I can that Capcom has done many things but great netcode is never one of them, well save the ones that use GGPO anyway, I nearly collapsed when I read that.

But as for taking pointers from AM2 and Namco yeah they make great fighters but you know what alot of the consues is there also boring as hell as there too technical, besides if I want to play a game like Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Street fighter, ect. I would just go play them.

And on that note I am done with this convo as I am not going to contuine this as I know where this will head and honestly at this point I really don't care personally what some random person who is upset over a stupid nerf with no sign of listening to any amount of actual reason thinks.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Wow okay knowing people who played capcom fighters and played them myself since SF1 I can that Capcom has done many things but great netcode is never one of them, well save the ones that use GGPO anyway, I nearly collapsed when I read that.

But as for taking pointers from AM2 and Namco yeah they make great fighters but you know what alot of the consues is there also boring as hell as there too technical, besides if I want to play a game like Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Street fighter, ect. I would just go play them.

And on that note I am done with this convo as I am not going to contuine this as I know where this will head and honestly at this point I really don't care personally what some random person who is upset over a stupid nerf with no sign of listening to any amount of actual reason thinks.
technicality and depth are so overrated, seriously

...without dominating, let alone winning, even one major tournament? Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

And all because some scrubs and crybabies couldn't cope with one single special move?
So, changing the move has made him so much worse, but yet you act as if him having it wasn't that big of a deal? Can we all just agree that the old Upball was way too safe, way too spammable, way too everything.

I agree with M2Dave though--they should have just made it punishable. They shouldn't have messed with the startup, and I didn't really see a need to change the knife toss either. I guess my point is that something needed to happen with the upball, but unfortunately, in my opinion, they changed it in the wrong way.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"Wow okay knowing people who played capcom fighters and played them myself since SF1 I can that Capcom has done many things but great netcode is never one of them"

Their current gen fighters run just fine online. If I pay attention to my opponent's connection rating, I can have good quality fights with players anywhere in the world. Leagues better than MK in any case.

"So, changing the move has made him so much worse, but yet you act as if him having it wasn't that big of a deal?"

It *was* "that big of a deal." It *shouldn't have been*, however, because the change should have been balanced with a compensating buff in another area.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Hey Kano mains look on the bright side. This gives you reasons to show us Kano combos. I haven't seen any Kanos do them.

TWZTID

Noob
I was punishing up balls with d2 before the patch. Nothing to complain about from me..... And I main jax :)
Kano coulda been left alone.

DCT

Noob
technicality and depth are so overrated, seriously
Well some tech and depth isn't a bad thing but too much of it and it just only appeals to a small nitch audience just like if something is braindead simple it's no fun either, you got to have the right amount of both being easy to get into but having enough there to hold your attention.

Kano players everywhere are complaining? All I can see is an ocean of trollfaces; we got away with murder. Slight nerf to moves that were already punishable by non-comatose players to begin with.

Fact: Kano was an amazing character before the bandwagoneers jumped on and spoiled the secret. His Up Ball used to be painfully punishable, if anyone remembers, and it was still a good move even then.

The ever so slight nerf is going to wake up the metagame and send forth a whole new wave of legit Kanos that are going to be even more rage-inducing and dangerous than ever thought possible.

goodone

Noob
just messing around on xbl and ive played 3 people in a row who rage after a few losses and repick kano to spam upball till their fingers bleed.

=/

VRbrada

Noob
all of you just crying and crying and why?becasue all of you are boring to put some efford and play like a pro!so you all just eant to repeat one single move and win!well done !well done!there are a great kanos who dont spam up ball and they just play like a man should do!http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15048568 check this its from 10 minutes and after kano!if you are boring to play this game like man and you just spam upballs or take raiden and just spam teleports and safe strings its not nrs fault for this!its your!good day :taz:

When a member of the MK team comes out and says he hasn't won a single match in the last 24h you damn well know they went to far.

R.I.P. Kano
Pretty sure Colt was joking when he said that. He was poking fun at people acting like he's incapable of winning a match now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kano's not wrecked, but he sure is gonna be dropped a lot. He's still a good character, but he no longer zones nearly as well. The upball recovery nerf was the only sensible one...the startup nerf kinda further ensures the recovery nerf is in effect, but it wasn't needed. And the knife nerf...eh... :(

I do think you guys should stick it out with the character. At least they didn't go Quan Chi on him. >_>

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Kano's not wrecked, but he sure is gonna be dropped a lot. He's still a good character, but he no longer zones nearly as well. The upball recovery nerf was the only sensible one...the startup nerf kinda further ensures the recovery nerf is in effect, but it wasn't needed. And the knife nerf...eh... :(

I do think you guys should stick it out with the character. At least they didn't go Quan Chi on him. >_>
No matter what you say THTB I'm sticking to Kano, I liked how the character plays and I can live through the nerf. The one thing that made me happy that I was playing Kano was the day of the patch (not hotfix) for xbox 360 I was playing online against a guy who had a match and I picked Kano as I was not spamming upballs and doing combos after the first round I heard him say "Woah, A good Kano that's new". So in all I'm sticking to Kano