What's new

No longer S-tier?

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
No, man. It is not true.

Hellfire does 7% of damage. Kano's Knife Toss does 9% of damage. If Scorpion performs two consecutive Hellfires in a row, how does the trade favor Kano? Scorpion can do Hellfire on reaction in response to the Knife Toss, and a second Hellfire is always free.
Incorrect: Hellfire is minus frames on HIT, so you'll trade again.

_

M2Dave

Zoning Master
cgerrr said:
Incorrect: Hellfire is minus frames on HIT, so you'll trade again.

_
Please do your research.

The knife cancels Scorpion's Hellfire animation. Therefore, he can do a second Hellfire for free and Kano cannot jump out of it. Try it. As I said, Scorpion can do Hellfire on reaction in response to the Knife Toss, and a second Hellfire is always free. The trade always favors Scorpion in terms of damage.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Vulcan Hades said:
Cool. I didn't know that.

Isn't that considered a bug though? Are they planning to fix it or is it intended to work this way?
I think the trade off has possibly been in MK since MK: DA. A guy like Check would know. I personally have no problems against the trade off. Scorpion is not exactly good in this game. My point is that Kano cannot spam the Knife Toss on Scorpion.

In general, the Knife Toss did not destroy the low and mid tier characters. The safe Up Ball did. Kano could use the Up Ball and blow through their offensive games without any serious risks. Give the old Up Ball to Quan Chi right now and he would immediately join the other A+ tier characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The double hellfire has existed as long as hellfire has been around and has never been fixed.

"Be good if they give him his knives back, everything else they nerfed can stay, whatever."

Not to mention that the knife nerf wasn't warranted...Quan Chi, Mileena, and Liu Kang all have better projectiles than Kanos knives.

King

Sig Maker
Here's the thing with tiers: The more you worry about them and where you're character is on them, the more annoyed you are going to be with the changes made to your character. Here's a thought:

WHO CARES WHERE KANO IS IN THIS (non-existent btw) TIER LIST? IF YOU LIKE KANO, PLAY HIM; IF NOT, DON'T PLAY HIM. It's that simple really.

I main Kabal and Sub Zero. It's not because they are "high tier," but its because I LIKE THEIR PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER DESIGN. Hell, Kabal got a significant nerf in the last patch: he lost his block infinite - which was hard as fuck to do and required a lot of practice and timing. Kano on the other hand had two extremely abusable and spammable moves that any nitwit can perform. NRS took action and nerfed Kano. No character in the game should have a free wake-up attack for no risk or a good projectile for no reason. This only means that now, you can't just easily spam your way to victory - you have to be a little more aware of things to get damage. Kano is still a very good character with good offense, some frame traps, and a good projectile.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Holy shit you nerds calm the fuck down. Drink some tea, take a nap or do some ritalin. You guys are acting like a bunch of 14 year old girls on their first period. Make the choice to drop kano or stay. Stop twisting the tit of NRS and just deal with it. God damn im so embarassed to be a part of the Kano community if its filled with [ban incoming]s that whine about every little detail.

*Drinks some tea*

Its a video game... just relax and have fun.
Understand your frustration, but your language and our intolerance of that language is now a problem. Take a couple days to think it over.

You can still cancel your blockstrings into choke to check your opponent guys. It's safe on block and catches jumps. That's how we used to do it in my days (before the up ball buff lol).

Upball was just plain lazy and abusable. Kano never needed that to win.
Cant agree more, I dropped kano as my main not because he became weaker, but because he plays so differently now. I liked the old knife recovery so much, it was so useful and fun. If they gave that back I wouldn't care if ex kano ball had no armour and upball was -30 on block. That knife was really fun along with his other tools and he felt both very complete and flowed really well. Now he's just kind of generic.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So when kano is actually a boss now people drop him? -__- what do people want, i mean seriously