What's new

New Intervention for MK9

Which options would be best to keep MK9 alive and well in tourneys until MK10 or UMK9 drops?

• Total voters
well, Kratos won a tournament 10 minutes ago lol.
How exciting!
OMG some of you are reacting a way I feared you'd react to be honest, and it's really sad.

This is my opinion on just how I'd think the game would remain safe with tournaments in the future as an inclusion and with better numbers than 20 entrants per major now that EVO (and VXG after today) has passed. If you deny the fact that the game has had fewer and fewer entrants as time has gone on, you're pretty foolish and no doubt with all of the flaming that's going on here, many of you have displayed that ignorant and foolish mentality in spades.

I love this game and don't want to see it fail so I was suggesting some things that would help the game's metagame and or balance such that you wouldn't have to bank on an update to help us out. Other top players have discussed this same thing and I wanted to create a poll of suggested themes that would be thought of. And what's even more embarrassing is that ya'll can't read the whole damn thing to see that the last 2 options were called GRAY AREAS!! Meaning that it's debatable but not something that will or could be considered. And I suppose the question mark next to the damage boost glitch mentioning wasn't subtle enough for you scrubs. That said, if you can't read the whole damn post and reply with some sense, then save this thread your ignorance and go elsewhere. Posts like most of the ones above only serve to continue to make our scene look like a joke.
Expect it from humans.

I don't follow entrant numbers, so I cannot comment on that.

My take is to ban Kenshi, since he obliterates so many characters.
Primary vote is still to unban Kratos. He has undiscovered potential.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
If you ban Kabal, people will be screaming for Cyrax to be banned next. You ban him, Sonya is next. Ban her, then it's Kenshi...you get the idea.

Just look at Scorpion in Injustice. Everyone screamed for him to be either banned or nerfed - he got nerfed into shit-tier. Now, they've targeted Superman with their complaints next. And this cycle is gonna continue as long as there exists a character(s) that stands out more than the rest of the roster.

Another thing to think about is how much effort the Kabal players have put into their character for two years now, whether it be because they like him or because they want to win with the best tools available to them. It would sorta slap them in the face for such an option to be taken away, like pulling the rug out from under their feet.

Don't get me wrong. At the highest level, Kabal is undeniably ridiculous, likely more so than the rest of the top-tiers. But time and again, it's been proven that Kabal isn't invincible, and EVO 2013 was the latest iota of proof to this. Not to mention that your character community comes with Kabal Killers - GGA 16 Bit and xKhaoTik to be precise. ;)

As for the Cyrax/Smoke resets...eeeeeh...I'm not gonna defend those, LOL. It still boggles my mind that the majority of our community didn't regard Cyrax as top five until MLG Dallas came about. Like, it took over a year after the game's release for a character with touch-of-death combos to earn that place? :confused:

No comments on the other two choices, because as you said, they are grey areas.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I wouldnt mind if B came to fruition. I have always thought resets are bullshit, especially with breaker traps and shit like that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Shit like this is getting annoying man. We've played the same damn game for 3 fucking years, why are people trying to change shit up now?

Banning Kabal won't do shit but make our community look more pathetic than it is right now. Yes he's dumb but he isn't unbeatable. People like Denzel, Bit, CDJR, myself, etc have beaten the best kabals in tournies, so Kabal can definitely be beaten.

Banning resets is dumb too. Its part of the game. Deal with it. Learn how to fight more strategically.

Lol at banning toasty boosts.

All of this shit is just making everyone look like crybabies. I DONT get it. This wasn't such a huge issue for two years, so why is it a issue now, especially after the hypest MK tourney in a very long time?

If you don't like the game as it is now, fine, no one is forcing you to play it. Some of us still enjoy the game as it is now and we are fine with it. No new patch is coming, no umk9, NOTHING. This is the game we have. Shut the fuck up and deal with it or stop playing. Its that simple.

Shit like this is getting annoying man. We've played the same damn game for 3 fucking years, why are people trying to change shit up now?

Banning Kabal won't do shit but make our community look more pathetic than it is right now. Yes he's dumb but he isn't unbeatable. People like Denzel, Bit, CDJR, myself, etc have beaten the best kabals in tournies, so Kabal can definitely be beaten.

Banning resets is dumb too. Its part of the game. Deal with it. Learn how to fight more strategically.

All of this shit is just making everyone look like crybabies. I DONT get it. This wasn't such a huge issue for two years, so why is it a issue now, especially after the hypest MK tourney in a very long time?

If you don't like the game as it is now, fine, no one is forcing you to play it. Some of us still enjoy the game as it is now and we are fine with it. No new patch is coming, no umk9, NOTHING. This is the game we have. Shut the fuck up and deal with it or stop playing. Its that simple.

Relax child it's just a suggestion list that was just meant for food for thought. So get the twist out of your panties and calm the f down. This is exactly why it's not worth posting anything on this site anymore.

xKhaoTik

Relax child it's just a suggestion list that was just meant for food for thought. So get the twist out of your panties and calm the f down. This is exactly why it's not worth posting anything on this site anymore.
I am calm. I was answering the suggestion.

Banning a character after 3 years is dumb as fuck man. It doesn't make any sense.

I am calm. I was answering the suggestion.

Banning a character after 3 years is dumb as fuck man. It doesn't make any sense.

And yet a 2 time world champion along with plenty of EVO top 8 players that have actually used the char have said that in their minds not having him around would help the game out (the proof is in the thread made by PL). I just wanted to get the community's opinion on if that would be a good solution or banning some of the other things that make the game's balance awry. So try just saying none of the above next time instead of answering like a dick and lowering yourself to some of the rest of the scrubs that reacted like children to this thread. I expect better from you ;)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

Maan Khaotikx, usually you are on point but this is bullshit. Damage resets absolutely do not belong in the game, and we can take simple measures to make sure that people aren't exploited. But it's because of this mentality that they still haven't been banned. "deal with it, level up" etc... These things have always been issues, but supposed top players have kept things the same by calling out people who speak up about them. Fighting more "strategically" basically means to not get hit. If you are fighting against a true high level player, there is no way you aren't going to get hit at least a few times. This is a completely ridiculous line of thought. I'll agree that toasty boosts shouldn't be banned, but Kabal is a whole other issue.

gdf

Noob
It's not that these aren't good ideas, it's just that people will find blame on other characters in the game. If anything, I'd be fine with option B).

Maan Khaotikx, usually you are on point but this is bullshit. Damage resets absolutely do not belong in the game, and we can take simple measures to make sure that people aren't exploited. But it's because of this mentality that they still haven't been banned. "deal with it, level up" etc... These things have always been issues, but supposed top players have kept things the same by calling out people who speak up about them. Fighting more "strategically" basically means to not get hit. If you are fighting against a true high level player, there is no way you aren't going to get hit at least a few times. This is a completely ridiculous line of thought. I'll agree that toasty boosts shouldn't be banned, but Kabal is a whole other issue.

FINALLY a sensible response! Thank you Ryan.

xKhaoTik

I get that. But my point is this:

We have been playing this game faithfully for 3 years now. We know kabal is dumb, yet we still spent hundreds of dollars to play the game. We knew resets and blah were dumb, yet we still spent hundreds of dollars to play the game. Why change it up now? That's what I don't understand.

We have been playing this game faithfully for 3 years now. We know kabal is dumb, yet we still spent hundreds of dollars to play the game. We knew resets and blah were dumb, yet we still spent hundreds of dollars to play the game. Why change it up now? That's what I don't understand.

Because to spend those hundreds of dollars per tournament to know that down the line, you losing to either those resets or a kabal one way or another eventually takes it's toll mentally on players of all skill levels, that's why. Possibly changing that up could encourage more to come out to tourneys.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

Why not? the game is clearly in its death throes. EVO was hype but it also showcased the numerous flaws within the game. Denzell has amazing footsies but LBSH the 80% combos also played a big role in dethroning Kabal, especially since he can also take meter. If WE take action then we can make the game more balanced and respectable. The community has been too afraid to do it until now.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
16 bit's kitana is a perfect example that kabal does not need to be banned.
If Tournament matches were FT10s then I would say ban that asthmatic bitch.... but they are FT2/FT3. Anything/can/will/does happen in that. MK as a game allows for a lot of player skill to over-shine character skill in such a setting. I think people forget that more often than anything.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Proposal: What if Kabal, Cyrax and Kenshi players HAD to type in the code for 75% life

Give Kabal that Akuma health nerf.... I forgot we can manipulate health in this game

I would honestly be okay with this...but not banning the character. That goes to far and WILL hurt our game

xKhaoTik

Why not? the game is clearly in its death throes. EVO was hype but it also showcased the numerous flaws within the game. Denzell has amazing footsies but LBSH the 80% combos also played a big role in dethroning Kabal, especially since he can also take meter. If WE take action then we can make the game more balanced and respectable. The community has been too afraid to do it until now.
Trust me man, I definitely see what you are saying. I guess I'm just thinking maybe its too late? Kabal has been a problem since day 1, but no action was taken. Same thing with the resets, been there since day 1, but no action taken.

This is how I'm seeing it:

Cyrax wins evo based on resets and beats the beat character in the game. Both must be banned. So what if Kenshi or Sonya had won evo? Would they have been banned because of armor and d4?

Idk man. Like I said, I see where you are coming from, I really do. I just think the community just spoke up too late.

xKhaoTik

REO is the ONLY consistent tournament winner with Kabal, and then he lost at evo using the best character. The case for banning him isn't really strong at the moment IMO.

Then if we DO ban Kabal, kenshi will shine. Then people will demand him to be banned. Then cyrax, then Sonya, then Freddy, then Lao, etc.

Why change it up now? That's what I don't understand.
Because your stupid game is no longer a main game and no one will be playing it in a few months (KI, USF4, Marvel update, DoA5:U, TxSF, MK10, Injustice 2 etc.). Change or not, it won't really matter because MK9 will fade into nothingness sooner or later. Changing things a bit at least makes it feel fresh and interesting and can give the game a boost, bring back players, make it more balanced etc. Keeping everything the same is just accelerating its demise.

xKhaoTik

Because your stupid game is no longer a main game and no one will be playing it in a few months (KI, USF4, Marvel update, MK10, Injustice 2 etc.). Change or not, it won't really matter because MK9 will fade into nothingness sooner or later. Changing things a bit at least makes it feel fresh and interesting and can give the game a boost, bring back players, make it more balanced etc. Keeping everything the same is just accelerating its demise.
Changing it can also turn people away from the game, make people think of the game as more of a joke, and kill the game off faster.