What's new

Match-up Discussion My Final Judgment on Sonya vs. Kitana

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
This is soooo 6-4 sonya. Do I have to pick sonya back up again to prove this theory? This is in sonyas favor. Kitana literally can't do any jump kick air fans because thats full combo punishable by ex cartwheel and sonya can zone kitana. Shes also got armor, MS mixups that are too overwhelming, her 40-50 combos that give her a reset and a chance to do more 50-50s. Theres a new PSN user that uses sonya and hes sick. It might be another account made by death because he plays sorta similar but hes prolly the best sonya ive played yet next to F0xy's sonya when he mained her, death and riu
Thank you, people gotta realize Potato knows what he's talking about peeps ;)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I have no problem with this being in sonya's favor tho. it used to be and everyone was fine with that. like i said in my 1st post, if anyone did win this match, it would be sonya.

REO

Undead
6-4 Sonya.

The threat of launching super armor, better footsies, overwhelming up close, cannot be kept out, shit wake-up, etc. Sonya players need to stop jumping into fans all day. I'm getting tired of hearing Kitana's mediocre zoning being pumped up constantly.

This is soooo 6-4 sonya. Do I have to pick sonya back up again to prove this theory? This is in sonyas favor. Kitana literally can't do any jump kick air fans because thats full combo punishable by ex cartwheel and sonya can zone kitana. Shes also got armor, MS mixups that are too overwhelming, her 40-50 combos that give her a reset and a chance to do more 50-50s. Theres a new PSN user that uses sonya and hes sick. It might be another account made by death because he plays sorta similar but hes prolly the best sonya ive played yet next to F0xy's sonya when he mained her, death and riu
sure sonya rapes kitana when you compered their tools on paper no in a match

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I can't wait to do the next Kitana Kouncil, or a Sonya Kouncil when it comes up. This is undoubtedly gonna be a hot topic.

Trust me dude I've played enough kitana players back when i mained sonya to know that this MU is bad for kitana. The patience I used in this MU was what killed kitana.
you are forgeting that the kitana player can be patience as well

i know both of the characters very well since i have used them both and i have a lot of experience in this matchup and i tell you this my old school kitana has not fear against any sonya out there

you know what i am tired of reading post about how sonya has a low hit box when kitana has a low hit box herself

lets stop the BS about the stupid low hit box because kinata does not get any better against characters with a big hit box
if any thing kitana having a low hit box help her a lot more in this matchu than sonya because sonya does
get better against characters with a big hit box so lets stop the bs here

d1~cutter has a 13 frame gap, so she can interrupt it with just about anything: 114, 21, 4, divekick, ex cartwheel. i usually just duck the entire thing, and punish with dive kick
does this apply to d1 on hit as well? is d1cutter punishable even with d1 on hit?