What's new

Moving Forward AFTER MKX...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
NRS needs to expand.
They need a division to work on Adventure games, it wouldn't hurt to have a hack and slash type of game with Skarlet as protagonist placing her in the events of her origin (before MK9) her side of story during MK9 and what ever the hell she did in the events of MKX in the background.

I think it would be awesome.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I think they're definitely doing another DC universe videogame (remember that Batman v Superman is coming, and Warner Bros. will want to have some videogames around by that time). Notice that I say "another DC universe videogame", because I don't think it'll have "injustice" in the title, or even be considered an Injustice sequel, though the mechanics will remain pretty much the same.

Here's what I want: 1) 1 v 1 fights (no tag, please). 2) Aquaman, Bane, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Doomsday, the Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Martian Manhunter, Shazam!, and Superman to remain in the game. 3) Reverse Flash to be added. If he can't be added as another character, at least as a Flash skin. 4) The Dark Knight Returns Batman skin, Batfleck skin, or Nolan's The Dark Knight Batman skin.

As for Mortal Kombat, I don't know what they're going to do next, but these are the characters I would like to see: all of the characters from MK9 (excluding guest characters, but including the rest of the DLC) plus Goro, Cyber Smoke, Erron Black, Reiko, and Kotal Kahn. If anyone needs to be sacrificed, I pick all of the females from MK9 (excluding Kitana and Mileena) for possible targets.

An UMKX wouldn't be bad at all. It seems that NRS found the right formula with MK9/X. They should stick to that and work Capcom Style, like some already said.

Based on the spoilers I've come across, I'm actually a little disappointed in MKX's narrative direction.
[...] It's not rocket surgery.
Damn, man! There is a thread that says "SPOILERS INSIDE THIS THREAD AND SPOILERS STAY INSIDE THIS THREAD". You should post comments like this there. Now I know some stuff I'd rather not know before playing story.

Last edited:
I'm totally content with playing MKX for the next 4 years or more, but I'd love to see Rock Steady and NRS team up to make an Arkham like game with Mortal Kombat characters.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lol, nope
Because that it was MK w/o the MK w
NRS needs to expand.
They need a division to work on Adventure games, it wouldn't hurt to have a hack and slash type of game with Skarlet as protagonist placing her in the events of her origin (before MK9) her side of story during MK9 and what ever the hell she did in the events of MKX in the background.

I think it would be awesome.
Yea i've said for years even before MK9 that i wish they would have separate teams working on different titles, like Capcom used to do.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Nothing I wrote was a spoiler.
Saying x character is not final boss (especially if it was one of the characters that many thought could be final boss) is giving away some information from the story, and saying x character doesn't have an important role in the story is giving away information too.

SLy

Noob
Honestly I dont want to see or hear anything about NRS making a new game unless its a Shaolin Monks 2 for XBLA/PSStore. MK11 can wait another 4 years. I could see INJ2 in the next 3.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Personally I would rather see something completely new from NRS. MK needs to live it's course and Injustice 2 is too predictable. Shaolin Monks is cool but it's MK again. I would love to see NRS flourish into something not fighting game related and not Injustice or MK related. This way they can take the lessons they learn from their hopeful IP and make MK/Injustice even better when they return to it.

It's healthy for a company to do something different so people don't get stuck on ideas. I mean alot of these devs are from the Midway days. So all they have done is MK which is great. But something completely new would also be great.

cyke_out

Noob
Injustice was lackluster compared to Mortal kombat (2011). It would be better if they let someone else handle Injustice 2(i m sure it will sell enough on its own) and focus on Next Mortal Kombat game weather it next installment in canon series or action/adventure off-spin.

What Injustice 2 needs.

1. Say bye to trait button forever. Dedicating an entire button power-up/stance change is way over stupid. Instead of Trait button characters should have special moves which give them power boost or different fighting style.

2. Injustice needs Block button, Back to block is damn annoying, your movement is limited by what your opponent is doing.

3. Introduce the variation system to Injustice.

4. Get rid of silly/campy dialogue and win poses.
The trait, or drive button, plus back to block seems to work pretty well for blazblue.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I think NRS will be working on a Looney Tunes fighter next to bring the popularity of WB's mascots back into the limelight.

The game will have a lot of slapstick humor and I will be maining Roadrunner.
I would actually love this. That Wile E. Coyote hype!

Though, I think WB tried this before and it turned out...not so great. But, I'm sure NRS could do wonders. I do remember a Tom & Jerry fighter on PS2 that was pretty dope.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'll actually be surprised if their next game is a fighter. I know Ed's said before that they don't want to just be "the MK studio" and i doubt he meant he wants to be "the mk/injustice studio". But it might be, like a shaolin monks type of game. i just doubt they want to be formulaic. but it would also mean they'd be building mkx to last and possibly give updates to in the future, which i'd have no problem with.

Injustice 2 better have Tera Strong, Static Shock, (insert other awesome DC character here), and a whole lot more new characters in it. The fact that Injustice had a parallel universe to its regular one begs many other universes, and other characters. If they put Scorpion in it again though...lol.
As for the MK series, I'd like to have them create a new big bad, a character that has never been seen before, and to explore more in depth other parts of the Earthrealm, Netherrealm, Outworld, etc. They still have plenty of lore to go into, and don't have to write themselves into a corner with this MKX storyline. That said, I do think if they continue this storyline, that SOME characters, need to die due to natural aging, or just not be playable anymore, if they want to mature said universe.
Tara Strong the voice actor would be interesting as a playable character. But Terra Markov the comic character would make more sense.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
YES! I didn't really want to go that route in my post, cause it almost seems like that is every random MK players thoughts about how Capcom does SF. I don't get it. That would be amazing for them to do that for a 2-3 years at the most, i agree.
I am okay with this as well because then that would expand the life span of mortal kombat X, considering how nether realm games don't have very big life spans right now, like how mk9 died with injustice and injustice is dying with Mkx, I think that rereleasing it would give mortal kombat X the life span of deserves, after all the thing that is killing these games is the "oh there is a new nether realm fighter so we should drop the old one" mentality. Even though it should be more akin to how street fighter and marvel vs capcom are treated as completely different things, as they should. I don't know maybe I'm spewing bullshit but I just want mortal kombat x lifespan to be larger then it is doomed for because mk9 should still be alive to this day but, it really isn't, there are people, just very very few, they are split between mk9, injustice, and not playing anything just waiting for mkx

I like the idea of a MKT/UMK3 remake. That or something completely different. I'm just not an Injustice guy, no interest what-so-ever in an Injustice 2. I would actually be kind of bummed out if that's what it is lol.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Its going to be a god of war style game where you play as Noob and conquer all the realms with cyber smoke as your bitch

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I am okay with this as well because then that would expand the life span of mortal kombat X, considering how nether realm games don't have very big life spans right now, like how mk9 died with injustice and injustice is dying with Mkx, I think that rereleasing it would give mortal kombat X the life span of deserves, after all the thing that is killing these games is the "oh there is a new nether realm fighter so we should drop the old one" mentality. Even though it should be more akin to how street fighter and marvel vs capcom are treated as completely different things, as they should. I don't know maybe I'm spewing bullshit but I just want mortal kombat x lifespan to be larger then it is doomed for because mk9 should still be alive to this day but, it really isn't, there are people, just very very few, they are split between mk9, injustice, and not playing anything just waiting for mkx
I agree with you. I hope MKX doesn't reduce my Injustice hype, for I have become really fond of that game.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Injustice was lackluster compared to Mortal kombat (2011). It would be better if they let someone else handle Injustice 2(i m sure it will sell enough on its own) and focus on Next Mortal Kombat game weather it next installment in canon series or action/adventure off-spin.

What Injustice 2 needs.

1. Say bye to trait button forever. Dedicating an entire button power-up/stance change is way over stupid. Instead of Trait button characters should have special moves which give them power boost or different fighting style.

2. Injustice needs Block button, Back to block is damn annoying, your movement is limited by what your opponent is doing.

3. Introduce the variation system to Injustice.

4. Get rid of silly/campy dialogue and win poses.
so basically take everything that's injustice and take it out. Just don't play it if you don't like it

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A legit NRS made (not 3rd party or another developer) MKT HD with online and everything would be absolutely fantastic!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
NRS is doing things, testing concepts .... MKX is bringing the variations stuff, so, if well received, I believe it's gonna be a standard pattern for future MK games .... MK9 was a good and fun game, but, become boring with some mechanics gameplay explotation , and so, came IGAU and served its time as more or less a different fg until the next MK game .... now we have MKX and so, I believe majority of us here love, enjoy and like MK franchise more than others fg series, so, totally normal to us to give attention for this MKX game now ..... next , I believe NRS will not release other MK game in a row so soon, so, they will do IGAU 2 or a new project, and more or less, another MK game in 4 years (or maybe in the end of this game console generation) .... anyway, this game , MKX, seems that can be more balanced and more competitive focused than MK9 and IGAU, so, maybe its life cycle might be longer than MK9 and IGAU ....

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Thats what made it sell way less than Mortal Kombat and made it waaaaaaayyyyyy less interesting.
Sorry a game's debut title didn't sell as much as a bonafide juggernaut in the fg industry on its umpteenth installment.

Here's the magical thing: If you don't like injustice, you have this great option NRS provided: GOING BACK TO PLAYING MK
Incredible, I know! Who would've guessed that was still an option??:rolleyes:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Sorry a game's debut title didn't sell as much as a bonafide juggernaut in the fg industry on its umpteenth installment.
Do you know that what you are talking about is limited by your false sense of reality? Mortal kombat was nothing prior to MK(2011), Midway went bankrupt because their games didn't sell well enough. Injustice had Batman and Superman, don't you think it had potential to sell more copies?

Here's the magical thing: If you don't like injustice, you have this great option NRS provided: GOING BACK TO PLAYING MK
Incredible, I know! Who would've guessed that was still an option??:rolleyes:
Really dude? this is the best you could come up with? this is the epitome of your intelligence? You mean you actually typed that out and then said: "Yup, I'm posting this."?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Do you know that what you are talking about is limited by your false sense of reality? Mortal kombat was nothing prior to MK(2011), Midway went bankrupt because their games didn't sell well enough. Injustice had Batman and Superman, don't you think it had potential to sell more copies?
Yes, MK did have a lot of shitty games but regardless, the title & it's characters are still very recognizable games in Fighting Game community and even just to the average person. Even my mother knows who Scorpion is.

Mention Injustice to the average person and they'll have no clue what you're talking about.

Both games did well anyways, so what's the point of this argument again?