What's new

Moving Forward AFTER MKX...

Tim Static

Adminerator
This is absolutely premature to discuss, but I'm also tired of fuckin spoilers everywhere I look. That being said, the fact that whatever is next for NRS has to be in the early stages, but whatever it is, it has started. I have no idea what that would be because obviously there is a big part of NRS at work on the DLC for MKX as I type this. But after this cycle of DLC is done, and unless they decide to do more, their is a plan for what's next.

So i ask, what would you like to see NRS do next after MKX? I posted my thoughts on Twitter, which i screencapped below.

Injustice 2? If so, it needs lots more characters and should be a tag based fighter a la early Marvel games (2v2)

MK11? I doubt it but who knows.

We know that the MKAK was originally planned as total remakes, tho I think those 3 games should be left alone and instead, totally remake MK Trilogy instead.

Or, a new Shaolin Monks type adventure game? Or a PS2 Classic port on PSN w/ online play? Both imo. Imagine a Monks type of game with today's tech. HOLY SHITBALLS.

And of course, the sad forgotten MK4. Back in the late 90's, it wasn't a great game but the MK's that followed it sort of raised it the totem pole IMO. And the actual arcade rom Rv3.0 has NEVER been fully emulated because of the weird ass Zeus hardware (same with The Grid). Would LOVE to see NRS see that MK4 Rv3.0 AND The Grid make it to PSN & XBL at some point.

What says you?

Injustice 2 better have Tera Strong, Static Shock, (insert other awesome DC character here), and a whole lot more new characters in it. The fact that Injustice had a parallel universe to its regular one begs many other universes, and other characters. If they put Scorpion in it again though...lol.
As for the MK series, I'd like to have them create a new big bad, a character that has never been seen before, and to explore more in depth other parts of the Earthrealm, Netherrealm, Outworld, etc. They still have plenty of lore to go into, and don't have to write themselves into a corner with this MKX storyline. That said, I do think if they continue this storyline, that SOME characters, need to die due to natural aging, or just not be playable anymore, if they want to mature said universe.

Tim Static

Adminerator
This is insanely premature but I would not be surprised at all if its injustice 2, which I would be ok with
Yea insanely but my sanity with spoilers is lost lol. I haven't watched hardly anything since last summer in regards to MKX, and stayed away from what my friends who know LOTS of info wanted to tell me. I haven't been non spoiled for an MK game since the 90's :(

But either way, it shall be interesting.

I hope.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I know this is a longshot...but I'd prefer that they simply expand on MKX for a while. Add to the campaign mode, add some additional characters, and release it like an expansion ala Street Fighter.

I don't want to go back to the DC universe for quite some time. I enjoyed Injustice, but never as much as I enjoyed MK. And I want the MK Universe to get some real growth.

Tim Static

Adminerator
UMKX with more characters
I know this is a longshot...but I'd prefer that they simply expand on MKX for a while. Add to the campaign mode, add some additional characters, and release it like an expansion ala Street Fighter.

I don't want to go back to the DC universe for quite some time. I enjoyed Injustice, but never as much as I enjoyed MK. And I want the MK Universe to get some real growth.
YES! I didn't really want to go that route in my post, cause it almost seems like that is every random MK players thoughts about how Capcom does SF. I don't get it. That would be amazing for them to do that for a 2-3 years at the most, i agree.

REYTHEGREAT

I think MKX is one of those game that will have a very long life span. With the 3 variations for all characters, the depth of this game can get deep. So im predicting this game to last over 4 years.

moving forward once mkx has died, how about MK vs Street Fighter?

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
YES! I didn't really want to go that route in my post, cause it almost seems like that is every random MK players thoughts about how Capcom does SF. I don't get it. That would be amazing for them to do that for a 2-3 years at the most, i agree.
There is a ton of disagreement with how Capcom does their re-releases, but people cannot argue with how well it increases the longevity of the game. And I want this game to be supported for a very long time.

Tim Static

Adminerator
There is a ton of disagreement with how Capcom does their re-releases, but people cannot argue with how well it increases the longevity of the game. And I want this game to be supported for a very long time.
Yea that thought process goes back to the SF vs MK (and i don't mean a game, the fans). The only times it seemed NRS did that was with MK1 & MK2 (2 was practically a beefed up MK1) and the MK3's (U & T, tho MKT was it's own game, but you get the point). Other than those, its was always a completely different game every time out, tho it seems MK9 & MKX are very similar.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I think it will be Injustice 2, but they really need to include more CHARACTER skins for those that don't really need their own slot. The John Stewart skin for GL was a great idea but why not Arsenal/Red Arrow for GA? Or Robin for NW? Powergirl/Supergirl for Superman?

And please include the mobile exclusive characters left out of the console versions. Why was Static mobile exclusive anyways? -_-

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Loved MK9 & hated injustice (far to slow for me), so hopefully if its another Injustice they keep the characters but make it a lot quicker & more like MK9 was. I' d be happy with that.

Mst

Noob
I hope we get down the line a UMKX or whatever they wanna call it, which adds the characters which appear in the MKX story but are not playable, a few new stages maybe some additional characters which did not appear in MKX like Cyrax, Shang Tsun, Noob eventually even adding some remade 3D era Characters and features like replays and stuff.

Without touching the story or the fighting system so they can shift some resources to Injustice 2 which will hopfefully include some of the characters which did not make the cut for Injustice 1 like Star Sapphire, Fate, Ivy, Manta, Canary...

I would also dont mind if they try to have skins like Supergirl for Superman or Red Arrow for Green Arrow which change the appearance of the Character and the appearance of their moves and strings but keep all the properties and hitboxes. Something they could possible introduce later in MK aswell for someone like Sub-Zero (BI-Han/Kuai Liang) where they differ in more than just their costume but are still the same characters in terms of what their moves do.

And +1 for keeping Injustice a 1vs1 game.