What's new

Mortal Kombat X - Tournament Console Standard?

What console should be major tournament standard for Mortal Kombat X?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You do realize you can use almost any console controller to play on PC right?
Yes, that's what I said dude. People buy a console controller for fighters ^. ^ I don't think majority would play SF or MK on a PC with a kb.

F4tal

Noob
Yes, that's what I said dude. People buy a console controller for fighters ^. ^ I don't think majority would play SF or MK on a PC with a kb.
Then why would you even bother saying that a majority of players wouldn't play MK on PC with a keyboard when they can just get a controller? And MK9 runs 100x better on PC than console and PC will always be superior whether console fanboys like it or not.

Reactions: Mst

MKF30

Then why would you even bother saying that a majority of players wouldn't play MK on PC with a keyboard when they can just get a controller? And MK9 runs 100x better on PC than console and PC will always be superior whether console fanboys like it or not.
Because that's extra money you have to spend on a controller, PC is only better for certain genres games(fighters ain't one of them) PC will never be as legendary as games like Mario, Zelda etc or can match classic arcade games. Besides, PC has far more flaws too such as dopes hacking, modding etc that's lame. I'll pass and stick to my Xbox and Nintendo any day. If you want to play RPG and perhaps FPS's then I can totally see PC being the preference, but superior? Hardly. That's just your opinion. I have personal friends that I hang with for years who have every system PC and consoles, even they admit this.

I don't doubt PC is awesome and preferred for shooters and RPG's, MMOR's etc but fighting games? Hardly. If it was we'd see them played on PC at Evo, has yet to happen.

F4tal

Noob
Because that's extra money you have to spend on a controller, PC is only better for certain games. PC will never be as legendary as games like Mario, Zelda etc or can match classic arcade games. Besides, PC has far more flaws too such as dopes hacking, modding etc that's lame. I'll pass and stick to my Xbox and Nintendo any day. If you want to play RPG and perhaps FPS's then I can totally see PC being the preference, but superior? Hardly. That's just your opinion.
You really are out of touch with reality. First of all you can't compare a PC to a game like Mario and Zelda. A PC is a computer not a game. Second of all nobody can hack your PC when playing a game and modding is just a preference if you want better graphics and to change the game how you want it. And no it isn't my opinion, it's a fact that gaming on a PC is more superior and has much more flexibility than consoles. You can't take apart a console and change the graphics. PC you can constantly upgrade to the latest graphic, CPU's, etc. And if you really want to get technical you can download ROMS and play Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda on PC.

F4tal

Noob
Because that's extra money you have to spend on a controller, PC is only better for certain genres games(fighters ain't one of them) PC will never be as legendary as games like Mario, Zelda etc or can match classic arcade games. Besides, PC has far more flaws too such as dopes hacking, modding etc that's lame. I'll pass and stick to my Xbox and Nintendo any day. If you want to play RPG and perhaps FPS's then I can totally see PC being the preference, but superior? Hardly. That's just your opinion. I have personal friends that I hang with for years who have every system PC and consoles, even they admit this.

I don't doubt PC is awesome and preferred for shooters and RPG's, MMOR's etc but fighting games? Hardly. If it was we'd see them played on PC at Evo, has yet to happen.
And like I said, I own every current gen console, a gaming PC, and old school consoles as well and like them all equally but PC is always going to be ahead of consoles.

Reactions: Mst

MKF30

@ F4tal: So because I'm posting facts about gaming history, I'm out of touch with reality? I think not. I'm talking historically speaking. You do know when Atari and NES were in, nobody really cared about PC games right much less like consoles weren't nearly as powerful as today? I mean what games were "so known" back then, Wolfenstein? Doom? Few others maybe? But none of those had the power of Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. Nintendo is responsible for a lot of what gaming is today with consoles at least and the first original platformer.

Wait, you're telling me I can't compare games like Mario or Zelda to PC yet you were the one who brought up "PC superior etc" which is entirely your opinion btw. I don't understand why PC people feel that way or have this elitist mentality, especially when PC has flaws as well as consoles do. Oh? If someone knows their shit yes they can mod or hack you, are you serious right now? You must not read much about DOTA and WOW issues then. I know tons of friends who've played or play both, tell me issues with people modding, hacking their stats daily. I know it's possible on consoles, however the difference is next to nobody does it because you get kicked off/banned from net play if you do so. Meanwhile, in PC games people can just use VPNs, proxies etc and get back on there the same day...as I said. Lame. No that's your opinion, not fact. PC's have flaws just like consoles do but different. For one, games have frozen, have frame rate issues in mid gameplay among the other issues I mentioned. You're talking about PC in concept itself, I'm talking about specific games on PC.

As I said, it's all genre based. RPG's, MMOR's and FPS's no doubt to most are better on PC. But not all games are. You're not going to play Smash bros or MK or SF on PC. And ROMS is just an emulator of the game, don't count. People can do that on their Ds's and PSPS's, Vitas too if you know how via flash cards, mods etc.

Your view on "PC being better than consoles" pure opinion, my best friend has literally every console as well yet feels entirely different than you do, thus it's all preferences and opinions. Not fact. I've also owned every console and a PC, I also don't agree with that notion. With respect I've also been here since 07, where as you're newer and I can tell you not ONE event for any fighter promoted on TYM has been on a PC for a major fighting game. UMK2 and UMK3 TE don't count either since they're modded for better balance. I'm talking untouched MK, Smash, tekken, SF, KI etc, etc being held on PC.

This is why as I said earlier, talk to me when a fighting game has a major event on PC and not any consoles...because that hasn't happened yet because of obvious reasons. Consoles are better with fighters to PC. Plus, not for nothing but a lot of controllers for PC tend to be generic. They don't feel as good in your hands as a SNES, PS or even Xbox One controller.

So probably best if we just agree to disagree bud. Cheers.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I love my ps4 and consider myself to be a Sony fanboy but even I think that Mkx should run on xb1 for tournaments. You gotta think what's best for everyone and not just on your console preference.
and why is it best for everyone?
Killer Instinct alone does not cut it

since PS4 has both Injustice and Guilty Gear as exclusive to this Gen

Last edited:

F4tal

Noob
@ F4tal: So because I'm posting facts about gaming history, I'm out of touch with reality? I think not. I'm talking historically speaking. You do know when Atari and NES were in, nobody really cared about PC games right much less like consoles weren't nearly as powerful as today? I mean what games were "so known" back then, Wolfenstein? Doom? Few others maybe? But none of those had the power of Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. Nintendo is responsible for a lot of what gaming is today with consoles at least and the first original platformer.

Wait, you're telling me I can't compare games like Mario or Zelda to PC yet you were the one who brought up "PC superior etc" which is entirely your opinion btw. I don't understand why PC people feel that way or have this elitist mentality, especially when PC has flaws as well as consoles do. Oh? If someone knows their shit yes they can mod or hack you, are you serious right now? You must not read much about DOTA and WOW issues then. I know tons of friends who've played or play both, tell me issues with people modding, hacking their stats daily. I know it's possible on consoles, however the difference is next to nobody does it because you get kicked off/banned from net play if you do so. Meanwhile, in PC games people can just use VPNs, proxies etc and get back on there the same day...as I said. Lame. No that's your opinion, not fact. PC's have flaws just like consoles do but different. For one, games have frozen, have frame rate issues in mid gameplay among the other issues I mentioned. You're talking about PC in concept itself, I'm talking about specific games on PC.

As I said, it's all genre based. RPG's, MMOR's and FPS's no doubt to most are better on PC. But not all games are. You're not going to play Smash bros or MK or SF on PC. And ROMS is just an emulator of the game, don't count. People can do that on their Ds's and PSPS's, Vitas too if you know how via flash cards, mods etc.

Your view on "PC being better than consoles" pure opinion, my best friend has literally every console as well yet feels entirely different than you do, thus it's all preferences and opinions. Not fact. I've also owned every console and a PC, I also don't agree with that notion. With respect I've also been here since 07, where as you're newer and I can tell you not ONE event for any fighter promoted on TYM has been on a PC for a major fighting game. UMK2 and UMK3 TE don't count either since they're modded for better balance. I'm talking untouched MK, Smash, tekken, SF, KI etc, etc being held on PC.

This is why as I said earlier, talk to me when a fighting game has a major event on PC and not any consoles...because that hasn't happened yet because of obvious reasons. Consoles are better with fighters to PC. Plus, not for nothing but a lot of controllers for PC tend to be generic. They don't feel as good in your hands as a SNES, PS or even Xbox One controller.

You literally overlooked everything I just said.

PC will always be more superior because you can always be up to date with the latest products and upgrade when needed.

The only reason you would lag or freeze on PC is if your PC simply can't run the game. All you have to do is get the recommended specs.

Consoles are limited in a sense that you cannot upgrade to the latest graphics cards, CPU's, etc. It is a fact that PC will always be more superior in a sense of hardware but like I said, it doesn't make the experience better, it's personal preference.

And yes while you cannot play Smash on PC you can play MK and Street Fighter hence why there are PC ports of the games and as well at MKX coming to PC

And just because tournaments do not run MK on PC doesn't mean console is better, PC is obviously more expensive and no TO will want to pay that much money. You can use ANY Sony or Microsoft brand controller on PC fool.

Last edited:

F4tal

Noob

PC is always going to be ahead of consoles whether you like it or not. I can tell you are a console fanboy and refuse to accept facts. And just because you have been a member on here since 07 doesn't mean you know any more than I do. I'm not new to MK or the community I own every game and probably know more about the community and MK lore and story than you. Anyways have fun being stubborn.

MKF30

You literally overlooked everything I just said. PC will always be more superior because you can always be up to date with the latest products. Consoles are limited in a sense that you cannot upgrade to the latest graphics cards, CPU's, etc. It is a fact that PC will always be more superior in a sense of hardware but like I said, it doesn't make it better. And yes while you cannot play Smash on PC you can play MK lmfao and no you cannot get hacked if you are playing a single player game. And just because tournaments do not run MK on PC doesn't mean console is better, PC is obviously more expensive and no TO will want to pay that much money. You can use ANY Sony or Microsoft brand controller on PC fool.
In terms of tech? Debatable, since consoles now are so powerful. I'm sure it's easier for PC yes. I believe they for the most part always had the edge there, but NOW days? Not so sure. It's closer at least. Actually, not always the case with PC games freezing, it's also the games fault for glitching too you know til patched. Has nothing to do with the PC, sure that is the case SOMETIMES but not all the time....you act like PC is perfect, ha. Hardly.

In terms of GAMES? Hell no....I assure you I grew up on Atari, so I'll argue this to the end of time if I must with you. There is no PC game that is better than key console games that defined gaming, period. It is not "superior" in the regard you think it is. As I said, for modding and worldwide RPGS and MMOR's like WOW, DOTA sure. No argument, but for overall gaming with various genres? Err yeah no Nintendo, PS and Xbox will always be king there. You can update your consoles too the difference is you can't play online on a modded system despite console or PC. And I don't see how a newer console is any different than someone spending thousands to update their PC...if anything, I save money buying the next console over spending hundreds to thousands updating my PC which I hardly ever play on. You're talking hardware, specs etc. 10 years ago I'd agree, but not now.... consoles have pushed so far that they're actually just as nice looking as most PC games. Take MK, Injustice for example. There is hardly any differences in graphical power, if anything the PC versions have had more problems, glitches than the console versions. This is fact, already been discussed on here. You're misunderstanding me, I'm not saying "someone can hack you during mid game" I'm saying since most hackers hack via umm PC, you're directly vulnerable as oppose to a console which is a lot more difficult and more secured over a universal system which protects you so it's not as easy. Where as PC you're responsible for updating as you yourself said and having good security yourself. Most PC's or laptops come with generic, basic protection but aren't as good as getting something to protect your PC. Plus most of the time you have to pay for it anyway(depending on what you get)

You just made another point for me, PC=MORE money and not everyone is wealthy enough to waste all that money just to build/update your PC when it's easier to just buy Bio Shock or MK for the Xbox, PS or Nintendo whatever. Yes, I know you can but when did I say you can't use an Xbox controller on PC? I said most controllers are shitty generic controllers for PC. Be best to read more carefully next time bud ;) Also, that's actually not entirely true. I have bought various controllers for 360 that don't always work on PC, they give me installation issues so booyah! I assure you, you can't use ANY PS or Xbox controller on PC. I even have proof of it as on my youtube channel I reviewed various controllers both first party and third, and other users have said they bought some of the same controllers and did NOT work on their PC. Yeah...so "superior" right.

Last edited:

F4tal

Noob
In terms of tech? Debatable, since consoles now are so powerful. I'm sure it's easier for PC yes.

In terms of GAMES? Hell no....It is not "superior" in the regard you think it is. As I said, for modding and worldwide RPGS and MMOR's like WOW, DOTA sure. No argument, but for overall gaming with various genres? Err yeah no Nintendo, PS and Xbox will always be king there. You can update your consoles too the difference is you can't play online on a modded system despite console or PC. And I don't see how a newer console is any different than someone spending thousands to update their PC...if anything, I save money buying the next console over spending hundreds to thousands updating my PC which I hardly ever play on. You're talking hardware, specs etc. 10 years ago I'd agree, but not now.... consoles have pushed so far that they're actually just as nice looking as most PC games. Take MK, Injustice for example. There is hardly any differences in graphical power, if anything the PC versions have had more problems, glitches than the console versions. This is fact, already been discussed on here. You're misunderstanding me, I'm not saying "someone can hack you during mid game" I'm saying since most hackers hack via umm PC, you're directly vulnerable as oppose to a console which is a lot more difficult and more secured over a universal system which protects you so it's not as easy. Where as PC you're responsible for updating as you yourself said and having good security yourself. Most PC's or laptops come with generic, basic protection but aren't as good as getting something to protect your PC. Plus most of the time you have to pay for it anyway(depending on what you get)

You just made another point for me, PC=MORE money and not everyone is wealthy enough to waste all that money just to build/update your PC when it's easier to just buy Bio Shock or MK for the Xbox, PS or Nintendo whatever. Yes, I know you can but when did I say you can't use an Xbox controller on PC? I said most controllers are shitty generic controllers for PC. Be best to read more carefully next time bud ;) Also, that's actually not entirely true. I have bought various controllers for 360 that don't always work on PC, they give me installation issues so booyah! I assure you, you can't use ANY PS or Xbox controller on PC. I even have proof of it as on my youtube channel I reviewed various controllers both first party and third, and other users have said they bought some of the same controllers and did NOT work on their PC. Yeah...so "superior" right.

You are so blind and stubborn dude it's unreal.

Why am I using an Xbox One controller on my PC right now to play Dark Souls 2?

Almost all good virus protection is free to download.

You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your PC.

You can use the following controllers on PC; PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One all of which are the controllers that come with the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and PS3 at launch and are name brand products.

For the 100th time I did not say PC gaming is a better experience than console gaming. It is all personal preference what platform you want to play a game on.

You cannot replace hardware on a console. It is impossible. You can't go buy a graphics card and put it in your console.

You did say that only generic controllers work on PC and don't have the same feel as an Xbox controller, yet you can use an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller.

Again for the 100th time, I am not a PC fanboy. I actually prefer buying games on consoles because most of my friends play but I respect and am well aware that PC gaming is ahead in terms of being able to upgrade. Granted, I do game on PC a lot as well and can tell a difference.

F4tal

Noob
This is a glorifed fanboy question.

In reality, it will just be whatever runs best/is the most convenient which has nothing to do with system specs.

That being said it wont matter for me because my stick will be dualmodded
Not a fanboy question at all. I own both and a PC and as well as many other consoles but figured to have these 2 as votes since the game is designed for next gen.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't like the "Consoles vs PC" debates, but just wanted to chime in for a sec.

Yeah, it's the general consensus from most gamers that gaming is overall better on the PC. There's no PC vs "X" or anything like there is for consoles (ex. PS4 vs XBONE), so any game that comes out for the PC you can play it. The graphics on the PC aren't automatically better, but they do have the potential to be better, it depends on your setup. But you can essentially make the graphics as "good" as you want them to be, with consoles, they can't be upgraded and you're stuck with whatever is on the system. You can use just about any type of controller you want, from PS, XBOX, Stick, Hitbox, etc. You just have way more options and versatility with the PC, so it's objectively better in that regard.

I personally don't like gaming on PC's, and prefer consoles. That doesn't negate the facts though, it's just my preference.

MKF30

You are so blind and stubborn dude it's unreal.

Why am I using an Xbox One controller on my PC right now to play Dark Souls 2?

Almost all good virus protection is free to download.

You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your PC.

You can use the following controllers on PC; PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One all of which are the controllers that come with the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and PS3 at launch and are name brand products.

For the 100th time I did not say PC gaming is a better experience than console gaming. It is all personal preference what platform you want to play a game on.

You cannot replace hardware on a console. It is impossible. You can't go buy a graphics card and put it in your console.

You did say that only generic controllers work on PC and don't have the same feel as an Xbox controller, yet you can use an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller.

Again for the 100th time, I am not a PC fanboy. I actually prefer buying games on consoles because most of my friends play but I respect and am well aware that PC gaming is ahead in terms of being able to upgrade. Granted, I do game on PC a lot as well and can tell a difference.
Dude, relax I didn't call you a "PC fanboy" lol. I also said earlier that generic controllers tend to be used for PC, but I never said "PS4, Xbox can't work on PC" they're compatible yes, but I'm saying they can and have had issues with PC. Speaking from others telling me their experience among my own in the past. Usually though my controllers (xbox in this case) do work on my PC but I have had some installation issues in the past with them.

Stubborn? Perhaps a little, I've been called depending on topic ;) Blind? No. But here let me break it down for you so that you hopefully understand better what I speak of...because this I have a feeling is all a misunderstanding meaning we're talking about two entirely different things here.

Example of what I'm speaking of and proof that PC isn't "godly or perfect" like some people think it is...nor are consoles.

Pros, graphics, power, more mods/easier than consoles. However, cons players with better specs(which online you can't possibly know that) win more in FPS's due to framerate advantage, that's beyond lame. This limits certain games right there for players who like to game online via PC not to mention will cost you way more money than consoles.

Also notes a lot of PC games these days due to popular FPS's being multi console, are a lot less as this guy covers. PC has tons of tech issues(which we saw on here via MK and Injustice regarding certain things til they were patched)

This guy says the same thing as the first guy more or less both stress the fact that a lot of games made for both consoles and PC is that there's WAY more competition, players. This guy also mentions what I mentioned earlier concerning hackers doing lame shit...you can't do that in consoles now days.

Now concerning your other points, notice I bolded "almost" in your post. I've used free shit, it's NOT nearly as good or effective as stuff you pay for. This has nothing to do with gaming either, just common protection. Most solid virus and secure services be it malware or good VPNS will COST you money. Period. I know this from personal experience as well as my father who worked with a company for 35+ years who used VPN's computer job, my friend who owns every system as I mentioned earlier ALSO confirmed this as he works for Vonage who also uses all computers at his job, and when he needed to from home required a VPN for security compromise reasons. A "free" service would be mocked by a lot of companies and people who care about security on their PC, not to mention virus protection. Ever hear the expression "you get what you paid for" well, that applies to just about everything in life when it comes to "free shit".

True, but the more money you spend the better your PC will be. As those two guys said in the vids posted if you go online PC for casual reasons in an FPS or whatever, and you play someone who put in thousands of bucks in specs, they will win due to better framerates which is not only unfair but dumb. So for certain games you have to spend what others spend just to play fair? .......lame. If someone goes to lay their PS, Wii or Xbox this isn't an issue at all....

I know you can use those controllers, but just saying sometimes PC will give you problems with console controllers and third party controllers....I had a case myself with Xbox 360 controller, it said connected but wouldn't actually work. This was few years ago, aside from the fact that I needed to up my RAM to a certain point just to play the damn game that i could easily just buy for my xbox so I said fuck it.

Ok then, why would you say "PC is superior to consoles" if you're talking strictly TECH wise I am not disputing that at all...though consoles are better now than years ago I admit. My point was concerning overall gaming/games, diversity etc. Ok so then we can agree? Good.

I know, that's why every few years the big 3 make a new console. I'm just saying to me, it's the same thing as updating your PC because both will spend hundreds of dollars(thousands in PC's case if you're one of those crazy people) and believe me I know some lol. I have a friend who literally put 1500 bucks into building his own PC. A bit much IMO, I could buy all 3 current gen consoles a 3DS and a Vita and still have money left for a few games. Just saying lol.

I hope this clears up a lot of where I'm coming from.

Xbox but yes I agree this really is asking which are you more of a fan of Xbox or PS lol. I seem to remember reading that PS3 had issues vs. Xbox 360 with multi console games at times. Forget which games though per-se.

P.S. I'm always amused when I see those "PC master race, PC players>>>consoles" yet has anyone ever had a major fighting game tourney on PC? lmao every player using keyboards?....didn't think so. "Hey, wanna play SF or MK, sure PC let me get my KB" LOL

Maybe they can move the mouse up, forward, forward back for fatality? lol And I know MAME is on PC, but everyone I know who has it bought a console like controller to play SF Rainbow Edition, MK 2 etc. I'm sure with WOW, RPGs, DOTA etc, etc PC is the preference but with fighters, it's low tier til I see otherwise. Would be willing to be you'd see more UMK3 DS and MK 9 Vita players than PC fighting players.
You do realize that the keyboard as an input method for fighting games is actually pretty decent? You don't need analog sticks for 2D fighting games like SF or MK. Ask people who use hitbox's how terrible their inputs are for MK, Injustice and KI. It's the same thing.

F4tal

Noob
Dude, relax I didn't call you a "PC fanboy" lol. I also said earlier that generic controllers tend to be used for PC, but I never said "PS4, Xbox can't work on PC" they're compatible yes, but I'm saying they can and have had issues with PC. Speaking from others telling me their experience among my own in the past. Usually though my controllers (xbox in this case) do work on my PC but I have had some installation issues in the past with them.

Stubborn? Perhaps a little, I've been called depending on topic ;) Blind? No. But here let me break it down for you so that you hopefully understand better what I speak of...because this I have a feeling is all a misunderstanding meaning we're talking about two entirely different things here.

Example of what I'm speaking of and proof that PC isn't "godly or perfect" like some people think it is...nor are consoles.

Pros, graphics, power, more mods/easier than consoles. However, cons players with better specs(which online you can't possibly know that) win more in FPS's due to framerate advantage, that's beyond lame. This limits certain games right there for players who like to game online via PC not to mention will cost you way more money than consoles.

Also notes a lot of PC games these days due to popular FPS's being multi console, are a lot less as this guy covers. PC has tons of tech issues(which we saw on here via MK and Injustice regarding certain things til they were patched)

This guy says the same thing as the first guy more or less both stress the fact that a lot of games made for both consoles and PC is that there's WAY more competition, players. This guy also mentions what I mentioned earlier concerning hackers doing lame shit...you can't do that in consoles now days.

Now concerning your other points, notice I bolded "almost" in your post. I've used free shit, it's NOT nearly as good or effective as stuff you pay for. This has nothing to do with gaming either, just common protection. Most solid virus and secure services be it malware or good VPNS will COST you money. Period. I know this from personal experience as well as my father who worked with a company for 35+ years who used VPN's computer job, my friend who owns every system as I mentioned earlier ALSO confirmed this as he works for Vonage who also uses all computers at his job, and when he needed to from home required a VPN for security compromise reasons. A "free" service would be mocked by a lot of companies and people who care about security on their PC, not to mention virus protection. Ever hear the expression "you get what you paid for" well, that applies to just about everything in life when it comes to "free shit".

True, but the more money you spend the better your PC will be. As those two guys said in the vids posted if you go online PC for casual reasons in an FPS or whatever, and you play someone who put in thousands of bucks in specs, they will win due to better framerates which is not only unfair but dumb. So for certain games you have to spend what others spend just to play fair? .......lame. If someone goes to lay their PS, Wii or Xbox this isn't an issue at all....

I know you can use those controllers, but just saying sometimes PC will give you problems with console controllers and third party controllers....I had a case myself with Xbox 360 controller, it said connected but wouldn't actually work. This was few years ago, aside from the fact that I needed to up my RAM to a certain point just to play the damn game that i could easily just buy for my xbox so I said fuck it.

Ok then, why would you say "PC is superior to consoles" if you're talking strictly TECH wise I am not disputing that at all...though consoles are better now than years ago I admit. My point was concerning overall gaming/games, diversity etc. Ok so then we can agree? Good.

I know, that's why every few years the big 3 make a new console. I'm just saying to me, it's the same thing as updating your PC because both will spend hundreds of dollars(thousands in PC's case if you're one of those crazy people) and believe me I know some lol. I have a friend who literally put 1500 bucks into building his own PC. A bit much IMO, I could buy all 3 current gen consoles a 3DS and a Vita and still have money left for a few games. Just saying lol.

I hope this clears up a lot of where I'm coming from.

You are a compulsive liar and a fool. You are exactly like how MK Server Trash describes you. Ignorant, stubborn, refuses to acknowledge when you are wrong. Bye.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Yeah, it's the general consensus from most gamers that gaming is overall better on the PC. There's no PC vs "X" or anything like there is for consoles (ex. PS4 vs XBONE), so any game that comes out for the PC you can play it. The graphics on the PC aren't automatically better, but they do have the potential to be better, it depends on your setup. But you can essentially make the graphics as "good" as you want them to be, with consoles, they can't be upgraded and you're stuck with whatever is on the system. You can use just about any type of controller you want, from PS, XBOX, Stick, Hitbox, etc. You just have way more options and versatility with the PC, so it's objectively better in that regard.
It's also its downfall - due to how many components can go in a PC, compatibility is less than guaranteed, and when you are in a high-pressure tournament scenario, you can't have the equipment start acting up. Examples : (this one I only heard of and since I'm not in that community I can't attest to its veracity) Skullgirls tournament that used the PC version crashed mid-tournament. USF4 PC version requiring exiting the game and re-entering for controllers to be recognized, etc.

Ideally, PC would be best if fighting game developers actually gave a fuck about PC gaming and introduced QOL functions unique to the platform's freedom. It's even more sketchy with MKX because NRS aren't handling the port themselves.

It'll likely be the XB1 at first due to this being what the tournament organizers have assuming GGXRD doesn't run like ass on the PS3. The 720p/1080p split doesn't really matter for tournament settings to be honest. If the game runs badly on the XB1 then a swap to PS4 will probably be made later on in the game's life.

Last edited:

MKF30

Wow F4, You know I merely made a few comments concerning PC, and you verbally come at me cause of it dude? Really? The question is regarding PS4 vs. Xbox, I only referenced that cause someone on page one trolled with "PC>>consoles" hur hur" as if we care on an elitist opinion?

@ F4tal:
Hardly, and you're an easily, influenced tool if you believe that. Especially considering that site is full of lies of not just myself but many others on this site. Stay ignorant, and thanks for totally missing my point even AFTER I posted videos for you. Clearly you're a PC fanboy, the fact that you got so defensive on the other guys post regarding "this is a fanboy topic more or less" proves that. Good day, and good life as I will now block you and anyone who actually takes that pathetic site remotely seriously. You obviously have no clue that the dude who made that site is a psycho who's made two past MK sites, banned those who disagreed with him then shuts down his own site while attacking others. You're the fool, and I have no time for fools. You're clearly one of those people who are drones that believe what "others say" about someone. Lame.

You should go on that site then, and get off this one. It suits you. Thank god TYM has the block option. :) you lost all credibility the second you brought up that poor excuse for a site. SMH.

You do realize that the keyboard as an input method for fighting games is actually pretty decent? You don't need analog sticks for 2D fighting games like SF or MK. Ask people who use hitbox's how terrible their inputs are for MK, Injustice and KI. It's the same thing.
That's people who use them though though that's a fair point. Not everyone does, that's the thing it's all preference man. As far as the imput configuration being decent, well that's opinion. I personally don't like the KB's options for fighters, I've tried them. I can never get around that configuration and I'd wager neither would majority on this site honestly if I had to guess. I'm sure most would prefer a decent controller with dpad over a KB with decent options. Just saying.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's also its downfall - due to how many components can go in a PC, compatibility is less than guaranteed, and when you are in a high-pressure tournament scenario, you can't have the equipment start acting up. Examples : (this one I only heard of and since I'm not in that community I can't attest to its veracity) Skullgirls tournament that used the PC version crashed mid-tournament. USF4 PC version requiring exiting the game and re-entering for controllers to be recognized, etc.

Ideally, PC would be best if fighting game developers actually gave a fuck about PC gaming and introduced QOL functions unique to the platform's freedom.

Since that's not the case, it'll likely be the XB1 at first due to this being what the tournament organizers have assuming GGXRD doesn't run like ass on the PS3. The 720p/1080p split doesn't really matter for tournament settings to be honest. If the game runs badly on the XB1 then a swap to PS4 will probably be made later on in the game's life.
My post was in reference to the arguments going on in the thread. The typical console vs pc war. It wasn't in regards to PC's being used at FG tournaments.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
My post was in reference to the arguments going on in the thread. The typical console vs pc war. It wasn't in regards to PC's being used at FG tournaments.
Yeah I kind of didn't read the thread all that much to be fair. No way anyone will have a proper argument considering how early we are in the game's lifespan.

F4tal

Noob
@ F4tal: Hardly, and you're an easily, influenced tool if you believe that. Especially considering that site is full of lies of not just myself but many others on this site. Stay ignorant, and thanks for totally missing my point even AFTER I posted videos for you. Clearly you're a PC fanboy, the fact that you got so defensive on the other guys post regarding "this is a fanboy topic more or less" proves that. Good day, and good life as I will now block you and anyone who actually takes that pathetic site remotely seriously. You obviously have no clue that the dude who made that site is a psycho who's made two past MK sites, banned those who disagreed with him then shuts down his own site while attacking others. You're the fool, and I have no time for fools. You're clearly one of those people who are drones that believe what "others say" about someone. Lame.

You should go on that site than, and get off this one. It suits you.

That's people who use them though. Not everyone does, that's the thing it's all preference man. As far as the imput being decent, well that's opinion. I personally don't like the KB's options for fighters, I've tried them. I can never get around that configuration and I'd wager neither would majority on this site honestly if I had to guess. I'm sure most would prefer a decent controller with dpad over a KB with decent options. Just saying.
You are BLIND. I quoted that post saying I am not a fanboy of either because I own almost everything. How many times do I have to tell you that I am not a PC fanboy? How can I be if I own all of the consoles? Do you finally see what I am saying? Has your vision cleared? You just retype the same stuff over and over. And never once did I say games are better on PC than console. But I wouldn't expect you to see that since you are in fact blind as a bat.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Both consoles are running hardware pretty identical to PCs, if I'm not mistaken, so neither console is likely to have the frame rate issues that plagued PS3 on some multiplatform games (remember, its hardware was actually kinda wonky). PS4's specs are a little better, but you will probably barely tell the difference.

Given that GGXRD is going to be PS4 exclusive (and I'll imagine a lot of anime fighters will be actually, as what tended to be the case with the PS3), tournaments are definitely going to have PS4s around as well.

Controllers are going to be a slight issue until the more recent CronusMAX gets the TO stamp of approval. I'd give the nod to PS4 in this case, though, as PS4 has some slight BC with PS3 stuff, so it's possible we may see PS3 controllers being usable on the PS4.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Both consoles are running hardware pretty identical
I'd give the nod to PS4 in this case, though, as PS4 has some slight BC with PS3 stuff, so it's possible we may see PS3 controllers being usable on the PS4.
I really hope this will be the case, but as far as i know i think only the PS Move controllers are backwards compatible with the PS4. So far i don't think the PS3 controller is, which i find strange.

Me personally, I'm not a huge fan of the new PS4 controller. The d-pad is way to stiff and the square and circle buttons are now closer together, making it easier to mess up your button inputs.

I'm thinking Sony wants people to use the new controller so that they can make more money from selling it. If they made the DS3 backwards compatible with the PS4, people might not buy the more expensive DS4 controller, When they can just stick to their old DS3 controller.

Sony's business practices are starting to imitate apples and it's annoying as hell.

Hopefully they will come to their senses are make the DS3 compatible.