What's new

Mortal Kombat X: Next Trailer

trufenix

bye felicia
So you pick a team and you get lumped in with 300,000 other players and it adds up everybody's points? Then you compare them to other teams of 300,000 and see who has the most every week?

Am I off?
It's tied to your WBID, so technically you're linked to everyone who has the game regardless of platform, but yes that is mostly correct. What they haven't explained yet is how frequently you can switch teams, what happens if you just don't play or play offline, or exactly what the invasions are.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
It's tied to your WBID, so technically you're linked to everyone who has the game regardless of platform, but yes that is mostly correct. What they haven't explained yet is how frequently you can switch teams, what happens if you just don't play or play offline, or exactly what the invasions are.
Hm. I don't see much of a team-competitive aspect in that case. I mean, would you feel a sense of accomplishment or defeat if your team was or wasn't no. 1 on a given week?

Maybe it's me. Just seems like too many random individuals involved for my interest.

The updated towers sound cool as shit, though.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hm. I don't see much of a team-competitive aspect in that case. I mean, would you feel a sense of accomplishment or defeat if your team was or wasn't no. 1 on a given week?

Maybe it's me. Just seems like too many random individuals involved for my interest.

The updated towers sound cool as shit, though.
Well, you're ranked both as a faction and within your Faction so even if your faction never "wins" you can still be the biggest bad ass in it. Like, leaderboards are a big thing for every game now, there are tons of people who want nothing more than to wave their internet penis at each other. This is a good way to let everyone feel relevant even if all they do is sit at home and do towers or story mode all day.