What's new

More MKX News, Beyond KP2, On The Horizon, Koming Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE M I RITE?

Guys.. If the announcement isn't better netcode or GGPO, you have no right at all to be mad at NRS. They never told you that you were getting that. Those are expectations you all made up from speculation.

I honestly don't think it makes alot of sense to completely revamp the netcode this late in the game. If they do, awesome. Just curb your expectations a little though. More often than not, announcements like this contain things with very little or no actual new information.

d3v

SRK
So when you say "delay that keeps on changing in the middle of the match" this means that the timing you have to have to complete combos and moves can vary within a single match?
Yes. In games with variable delay netcode, the delay changes depending on how long it takes for packets to go back and forth between peers. This is because each peer has to wait for the other peer.

For rollback code, the game simply proceeds after a set, estimated amount of delay. Usually based on how fast a packet of data travels one way (i.e. half the average ping time).

Yea i don't care i'll go online and play some "failed to connect", "game session is no longer available" and "playdata does not agree".
What system are you on? I have only had maybe 4 laggy matches or game session no longer available matches on Xbox One

You've gotta think as well, if they actually did improve the netcode, they're probably not planning to ditch this game after KP2. I can even see them possibly doing a KP3 eventually, if the speculation is correct.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Considering the massive recoding effort it would require to do this, it would completely blow me away if they gutted their current code and implemented GGPO instead. I'd actually start playing the game again.

Rearawt

Noob
You've gotta think as well, if they actually did improve the netcode, they're probably not planning to ditch this game after KP2. I can even see them possibly doing a KP3 eventually, if the speculation is correct.
I'm more excited about the prospect of ESL S3, honestly

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ M.D umm fujin isnt washed up character, he's been requested for the past 2 Mk games....

The reality is no matter what nrs does, there will still be those people who buy and those who bitch about something. Say They fix the netcode, it'll be "this should be less money, or put this stage in etc nrs?!" Or or some other lame shit they feel privileged to.

Yes. In games with variable delay netcode, the delay changes depending on how long it takes for packets to go back and forth between peers. This is because each peer has to wait for the other peer.

For rollback code, the game simply proceeds after a set, estimated amount of delay. Usually based on how fast a packet of data travels one way (i.e. half the average ping time).
That makes sense. I've started matches that were smooth, only to have them lag out later in the set

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Will all the armchair 'developers' shut the fuck up already. You're the same ones who were saying 'its impossible to fix the netcode' 6 months ago. 'I have a background in development so I would know'.

Programming/development is such a vast area, you're not expert because you wrote an iphone app. You haven't seen the source code for MKX, you don't know what you're talking about, so please, unless you worked on MKX, just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.