What's new

More MKX DLC Konfirmed; Koming First Half of 2016

fleshmasher

i got the poison
When the Trailer comes, i bet everyone will be hype again.
People are taking this way too serious.
It's a game, and an, i admit, strange informations policy.
The worst harm done is making people sit in front of the pc waiting for news, or lack thereof.
But if that's what you did, you probably don't have anything better to do anyway.
:DOGE

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I don't get it, didn't they say it takes at least 9 months to develop a character? So why is early 2016 such an issue? This game ain't even been out that long and this year is almost over.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I don't get it, didn't they say it takes at least 9 months to develop a character? So why is early 2016 such an issue? This game ain't even been out that long and this year is almost over.
I thought they said it was something like 4 weeks?

SinkFla

Noob
I don't understand all the complaining. The fact that they are supporting mkx with post launch content for the long term is a good thing. Whether or not people start bowing out this year, you know damn well everyone will be coming back for the new dlc. It gives the game a longer lifespan rather than end support 4 or 5 months after release and we are all stuck waiting a few more years for an entirely new game. Also as others have stated, this year is already almost over lol. I'll gladly take 4 new characters next year over waiting several years for a new installment. Plus, we should just be happy we are even getting more characters to begin with.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Most complainers about the complainers dont get that most people are not pissed that we have to wait for DLC but more because they teased us with stuff what set our expectations too high.

Tweeting a picture of Kombat Pack 2 with the word "tomorrow" and getting only a "Kombat Pack 2 exists" on the next day is just HORRIBLE handled by Boon.

If they showed us a trailer or Boon didnt already tweeted literally the same already yesterday the outcry wouldnt be so big.

SinkFla

Noob
I get that but its Boon so no surprise there lol. I always find it best to keep my expectations in check when it comes to that man. I would have been shocked if there were a trailer today. Maybe Boon should have kept his expectations of the publics response to the announcement without solid reveals in check too lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Most complainers about the complainers dont get that most people are not pissed that we have to wait for DLC but more because they teased us with stuff what set our expectations too high.

Tweeting a picture of Kombat Pack 2 with the word "tomorrow" and getting only a "Kombat Pack 2 exists" on the next day is just HORRIBLE handled by Boon.

If they showed us a trailer or Boon didnt already tweeted literally the same already yesterday the outcry wouldnt be so big.
Its not like Boon's done this for DLC in every game. the "announcing an announcement", while bad, is how he ALWAYS does it. So if you are butthurt that he did THE SAME THING HE ALWAYS DOES, that is on you.

Reactions: cfw

ErMac333

Noob
Its not like Boon's done this for DLC in every game. the "announcing an announcement", while bad, is how he ALWAYS does it. So if you are butthurt that he did THE SAME THING HE ALWAYS DOES, that is on you.
Actually, he announced an announcement that is teasing futher announcements of the kharacters. KP2 was pretty obvious yesterday (and even before that), the day prior to the "big (new) news". It's not everyday we see such bad received tweets from him like the one today. He knows that he tossed the shit right to the fan with the horribly planned teasing.

Either way, what's done is done, nothing really productive is gonna come out of discussing it. Still waiting for the kontent, and obviously buying it.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Anyone who thought you were getting a character reveal just from that is an idiot.

We were confirmed 4 characters in kp1 long before we ever knew who they were. same thing here, same thing pretty much everywhere tell me if this familar

"Hey keep an eye out on the next major for news"

"yo they announced a new character in 3 months"

"Hey they gave us a teaser of that character they mentioned"

"Oh snap it's the new character trailer!"

oh look an anouncment of an anouncment of an announcement

This is the same shit as every other fighter except one thing, you aren't just waiting for one character you're waiting for 4. in the time it takes for others to get just 1 you aren't getting 4.

Yall need to stop being dam ignorant of this process and stop assummg. there wasn't no dam way they were revealing 4 characters like that and yall fucking knew it.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within

- seems like everyone in NRS become dudes like in this video after 1st place in Fortune. That would explain everything.

Rearawt

Noob

I'd have settled for announcing the pack first, and showing the silhouettes second. A progression of information

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Hey look Mr. smartbutt here. 99% waiting for a trailer since wednesdays tweet are idiots i assume.
Yes, no fighter does DLC that way and Boon has never been that straightforward. any tweet from boon should be treated with the same scrutiny as IGN articles. how many times must you stick your hand in the goddam fire before you realize it's hot.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
So how about an anime pack? I can see Kitana rocking Sailor Moon and Tanya rocking Satuski from KLK.
What is animu? :DOGE

Good suggestions, mine probably won't be as good. Erron Black as Death the Kid from Soul Eater. (Kenshi) as Afro Samurai or Sword Master from Afro Samurai (lol). Erron Black as Justice from Afro Samurai. Scorpion as Kuma from Afro Samurai. Tremor or Kung Jin as Brother 6 from Afro Samurai.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Yes, no fighter does DLC that way and Boon has never been that straightforward. any tweet from boon should be treated with the same scrutiny as IGN articles. how many times must you stick your hand in the goddam fire before you realize it's hot.
Well nobody knew we have to wait for 2016 for the DLC at that time.
Also assuming they do the same like they did with the Kombat Pack 1 trailer isnt really idiotic.

you have low standards sir, no offense but most of the games i have played have gotten years of support.... League Of Legends comes to mind, they started it October 27, 2009 and they are still supporting it today.
Activision supports their games even before they release them, they roll out beta's and then get feedback throughout the life of their game.
What in the hell does casual players not wanting to wait have to do with NRS continuing to support the game?

This thread... seriously... 12 pages... People flaming "complainers" that are mad about the time frame of release... when there's like, 3 or 4 people that are actually making that complaint.

Before you guys start calling each other idiots, consider for just a single second that continued support into next year can happen without an announcement of DLC coming out next year. Why are you all assuming that just because character development for KP2 will continue until release that this means every other aspect of the game (balance, etc) will continue to receive support? You have nothing that suggests this.

Obviously continued support is a great thing for the game, but that isn't what the announcement implies. At all.

Would all of you making this claim be satisfied if there were no mention of KP2 and the announcement was simply "we will continue to support the game into 2016"??? Bullshit. You'd all be pissed.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
What in the hell does casual players not wanting to wait have to do with NRS continuing to support the game?

This thread... seriously... 12 pages... People flaming "complainers" that are mad about the time frame of release... when there's like, 3 or 4 people that are actually making that complaint.

Before you guys start calling each other idiots, consider for just a single second that continued support into next year can happen without an announcement of DLC coming out next year. Why are you all assuming that just because character development for KP2 will continue until release that this means every other aspect of the game (balance, etc) will continue to receive support? You have nothing that suggests this.
im not sugessting that kind sir, i think you misunderstand me.. im just fighting the Online fight... im just sick pof every game being balls online.. id like to see that change, i am one of the few that played the day one arcade and stuck with it this long.

dont get me wrong, despite them having Frame data inconsistancies, breath box issues, hitbox issues, and other problems, many other games are far worse in that department. MKX Offline is by far the best MK they have made so far

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
thisis what i want in MKX, COD Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Beta in game Ping reports, press options button in game and you can see your connection in real time, this could be implamented in MKX on loading screen, Rooms, and PVP before start of match screen at least:

thats what it looks like when the company cars about online, not a vague 1-4 bar faulty indication.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
What is animu? :DOGE

Good suggestions, mine probably won't be as good. Erron Black as Death the Kid from Soul Eater. (Kenshi) as Afro Samurai or Sword Master from Afro Samurai (lol). Erron Black as Justice from Afro Samurai. Scorpion as Kuma from Afro Samurai. Tremor or Kung Jin as Brother 6 from Afro Samurai.
Nice ones. For Jax and Jacqui, I'll do Gamgiroi and Rei hoomura from KLK.

Hini

Batomancer
Is there no one who actually understands how good it would be if there was a long period of time where they put nothing new in the game?

Everybody always talks about how MK9 or even Injustice would be completely godlike if there was just "one last patch", and really if this is true we will get exactly that, a great period of time where the game can grow without new things being shoved down our throat and then be revaluated and balanced accordingly.