What's new

More MKX DLC Konfirmed; Koming First Half of 2016

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Real talk, like 90% of the time I've seen someone hyping up Khrome for MKX, I've found out it's him.

@ShotgunInsanity I wasn't there for it, but I'm pretty sure he was banned for some racist remarks around Jackie's announcement
when was this guy on TYM? i must have missed him.. yeah its not cool to be like that, id ban him too

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
when was this guy on TYM? i must have missed him.. yeah its not cool to be like that, id ban him too
I wanna say after the MKX announcement, but before Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade were announced. He was nice enough, but I think he kind of broke when he found out Khrome probably wasn't gonna get in

MadeOfMetal

@HellblazerHawkman

@ImperatrixSindel

@EMPEROR_SunFire

@ShotgunInsanity

@DelSchokoladenSaft

Real talk, like 90% of the time I've seen someone hyping up Khrome for MKX, I've found out it's him.

@ShotgunInsanity I wasn't there for it, but I'm pretty sure he was banned for some racist remarks around Jackie's announcement
are you guys trying to say i am some racist guy that was on here some time back, if so i resent that, and would appreciate if you could stop spreading that around. i am in no way racist, and don't condone treating people that way for any reason!

im sure this is in response to me having a disagreement with sunfire on the jacqui thread lastnight... it was just a small disagreement, i tried to keep it respectful, i hope we leave it at that.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Don't be a downer dude...Khrome is lord of all things shiny and fun, accept the metal love into your soul and you will be freed from the shackles of a non-metallic humanity. Here's some footage from a recent induction ceremony into the Khrome Kouncil, come and join us:
I'm thinking about it, there are not nearly enough Mad Max references in regards to our shiny and chrome savior. We need to get the Kommittee going again, who wants in?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
are you guys trying to say i am some racist guy that was on here some time back, if so i resent that, and would appreciate if you could stop spreading that around. i am in no way racist, and don't condone treating people that way for any reason!
Nah, nothing serious man. It was kind of a (personally hilarious) saga on here, so it's hard for someone to bring him up in any fashion without remembering it all. If you really want to get in on the Khrome train, the PM he made is still up that has links to the petition and whatever else.

And for the sake of not derailing your thread too much, I'm pulling for a Xenomorph if we do get a guest character. I've been kind of obsessed the past few months

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Shang Tsung

Baraka

Noob Saibot

Kabal

Cyrax

Smoke (Human or Cyber)

Sektor

Rain

Sindel

Reiko

Fujin

Li Mei

Drahmin

Havik

Any of these would be fine with me lol

MadeOfMetal

Nah, nothing serious man. It was kind of a (personally hilarious) saga on here, so it's hard for someone to bring him up in any fashion without remembering it all. If you really want to get in on the Khrome train, the PM he made is still up that has links to the petition and whatever else.

And for the sake of not derailing your thread too much, I'm pulling for a Xenomorph if we do get a guest character. I've been kind of obsessed the past few months
Xenomorph as in: takes familiar traits from the host? or shapshifter qualities? im down for either. or even a spider like creature with these characteristics...

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Shang tsung would be my top.

He could have a soul stealing variation, which has to actually change him into the opponent otherwise if you just do a stolen special its to much like imposter.

Next one could be a variation that centers around his fire skull zoning

And the last I'm not sure on but could use his dark magic to either gain extra chip and meter drain and either more damage or gain health

I know I'll have to wait until the next Mk to play shang tsung again but I can dream

Edit: the last one is similar to sorcerer quan so he would have to have a move kind of like Tanya dark shroud where you chose to use whatever spell in combo to have the desired effect stay on the opponent until it wears off

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Shang tsung would be my top.

He could have a soul stealing variation, which has to actually change him into the opponent otherwise if you just do a stolen special its to much like imposter.

Next one could be a variation that centers around his fire skull zoning

And the last I'm not sure on but could use his dark magic to either gain extra chip and meter drain and either more damage or gain health

I know I'll have to wait until the next Mk to play shang tsung again but I can dream

Edit: the last one is similar to sorcerer quan so he would have to have a move kind of like Tanya dark shroud where you chose to use whatever spell in combo to have the desired effect stay on the opponent until it wears off
Id love to see Shang T.

i like leagion666's thoughts on him.. could possibly make him fair and useful given we already have characters with his qualities like Imposter shinnok:

I can't stress enough how true this is!!!!!!
But I would do different variations:
I would have the same universal attacks you mentioned, but make the soul steal function differently in each variant but also make it a command grab universally ( make it look like his normal grab in mk9)

1. Instead of Master of Styles I would have a variation called SHAPESHIFTER where Shang would finally be morphing into different characters. If the engine of the game doesn't allow him to morph into everyone, just let all his specials turn him into some character for a brief animation to perform the special: like turn into goro to do a grab, into Jacqui or into Kitana to do the projectiles, turn into Scorpion or Raiden to teleport, turn into Liu to do a long multihitting blockstring - each of this will be a move unique to Shang and look different from what said characters actually do in the game. And of course the soul steal in this variant would be crucial, I am thinking maybe It could have levels like Kotal's Sun Choke, so you start with just having universal moveset and after landing a soul steal grab some of you specials upgrade into the morphing specials of other characters. And the Soul steal grab itself extends into a chain throw after you have landed it. you can like lift them up and take part of their soul (mk9 style) on the level 1, on the level 2 after that you turn into Goro or Motaro to do some more grappling, and at level 3 you finish this chain of grabs by turning into Raiden or even Corrupted Shinnok for additional attack. And all specials change at every level. If it is possible you could start as an Old man Shang and become younger with each level)))

2. In the DEVOURER OF SOULS variation all skull and flame zoning attack are replaced with soul attacks. Both His soul steal grab and zoning soul attacks on hit cause some health regeneration (nothing big like 2-3%). But one of his Zoning soul attacks ( maybe even ex version only) and his command grab soul steal also grunt him Souls that fly around him the number of which can go up to 3. But they aren't like Ermac's souls)))) they work more like Quan's bat or even Sinestro's trait is a better example(as it has 3 shots as well) it makes his zoning ridiculous). Also in this variation he teleports turning into green soul-mist, like smoke.

3. I like the name SOULFIRE, so I will go with it, it will revolve around his projectiles. His zoning tools are again fire and skulls but they don't work like viable zoning tools but more like tools for creating set ups (like his skulls can travel slow, come from the sky and from the ground, the ground one can even work like timed explosives) and they now burn opponent for additional damage overtime, his soul steal command grab now works differently - it does more damage and Shang actually lifts the opponent up and burns him instead of stealing a part of his soul. This leaves the opponent scorched - in this state the fire attacks do more damage even on block (ala Tanya's purple dust) more damage overtime, and some of the set up tools like timed explosives in ground skulls or overhead skulls change their properties becoming actual lows, overheads or even unblockables. His teleport would became Freddy like in this variation))
this idea is well thought out and very cool idea IMO
shapshifter seems cool, but the diversity of DOS and Soulfire Zoning capabilities makes me excited

TamedLizard

Buff George
There are literally too many characters that I'd love to see, so I'll try to break this down into 4 kombat packs, with the first one being my most desired into second, third, ect. -.

KP1 - Fujin, Shang Tsung, Bo' Rai Cho, Rain

KP2 - Cyrax, Reiko, Smoke, Noob

KP3 - Baraka, Sektor, Nightwolf, Jade

KP4 - Ashrah, Havik, Chameleon, Drahmin

They could mix and match any of these characters really, just as long as Fujin is the constant, and I'll be happy.

Afumba

Noob
These... i dont like...
Kintaro: No need for another Goro, when we have Goro
Vapor: I dont think we need a female Smoke. I´d rather take Smoke & one of the other cool females that isnt already in the game (which they are several)
Chameleon: Didnt like him... if it has to be than make it the female version so Reptile can get some lovin - that fella is lonely for over 20 years... have a heart :p
Khrome: never like the concept... dont like the idea of a Terminator Ninja. I would pick him in a poll against Meat, Mokap, BRC and Tsu Hao though.
Striker: My least favorite of all the Mk1-Mk3 characters...

The rest would be welcome... especially Shang, Sareena, Sindel, Cyrax and Kabal

Character i would like to see most though is still Skarlet though, by a landslide. Noob and Smoke are up there too though (as separate characters ofc)

But i wont hype myself up for anybody cuz we will probably get Baraka, BRC, Sindel and Fujin.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I actually am hoping baraka makes the kombat pack I think the way they have been redesigning characters is awesome and they would do a really good job with him