What's new

More MKX DLC Konfirmed; Koming First Half of 2016

ErMac333

Noob
Yeah, this is really annoying... I love this game but really, I built quite some expectations on today's "(new) news", wish we knew the 4 kharacters at least by now.

Oh well, if there's no trailer, I'd better just move on and enjoy my night instead of sitting in front of the PC hoping to see something. (Even though I know myself pretty well and know that even in the club I'll be checking the phone every second for this shit because this is just unbelievable).

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
What if KP2 is around the corner and this WB news about more DLC content is KP3 ?

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
what's sad is that if they didn't waste their money giving 50+ thousand dollars to the same people that travel all over the country winning tournaments (not judging, happy for the winners) and all the money on the now wasted manpower hours on the cancelled 360 and ps3 ports they could have hired people to make more characters with a faster release time and better netcode. such is life I guess.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
ok, we can wait for ..... what it's the most important of all, it is that we gonna have a 2nd kombat pack !! this is great news itself. :D

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
it's funny

so, you complain NRS doesn't support games past 6 month....

then you complain that you have to wait to get even more dlc and the reason is.................what?

that the game will be dead by then, so you won't be playing next year?

but.........then why would NRS support the game past 6 months if you won't?

the worst community of all time

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
To be clear, I don't have qualms with the KP being released in 2016. I just think not revealing any of the characters is a bad idea. I just don't see what they can hope to gain by holding out on telling us who they are. But I do think there's something to be lost if they did in fact listen to all of these people demanding the characters I mentioned before.... who seemingly popped out of the wood-work over the last couple of months. If they're not still around when you show them you listened, they'll have already lost those people as potential KP buyers.

What do they gain by holding out?
you have low standards sir, no offense but most of the games i have played have gotten years of support.... League Of Legends comes to mind, they started it October 27, 2009 and they are still supporting it today.
Activision supports their games even before they release them, they roll out beta's and then get feedback throughout the life of their game.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
It seems smarter to me to release a new character every two months or so. This would take us in to next year anyway and it would keep hype going in the series. People will have lost interest is they hold it back until next year

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
What if KP2 is around the corner and this WB news about more DLC content is KP3 ?
you can't be serious? they hyped two major news stories this week that turned out to be shit. they hyped a kombat cast that basically talked about patch notes and announced news would be coming. they then post an image of 4 new characters. then say. more news the next day. the news is that these four characters aren't coming for 4 months. so technically..that means it will be 8 more months before we see all four of these new characters even released and this new environment. there is no kombat pack 3. I'm sorry if I sound salty but if they wanted to drag out the dlc....then they could have incorporated it better. I'd almost rather them not make new characters and just work on a new MK game.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Am I the only person who just wants to play MK and love my game even though it isn't perfect?

I get that the netcode is still bad.
I get that everyone's bitching about balance.
I get that there's always gonna be something to be negative about.
But for fuck's sake, why can't more people just enjoy the ride and fight it out?
Why does the talk always have to be about what's off instead of what's on?
Maybe i'm just trying too hard to be the optimist, but do you have any idea how fucking hype i am that this game is past the fall and its getting a fuck ton of new stuff and almost guaranteed an entire new year of attention, content, balance, KOMBATANTS, new news and hype for ages? Is this supposed to be a bad thing just because we have to wait a while for it? What the hell is everyone being so bitchy about? Would you have rather they did what they did with MK9, left it a patch short of near-immaculate balance and gone on their way? Or IGAU where their Ultimate Edition came with literally nothing new to speak of?
This is how you keep a fighting game alive and interesting. You lay out the long game and keep the masses hungry for more. And if you dont have the chutzpah or patience to stick it out for the whole ride, then so be it. But i love MK, i love what the future may hold/that it holds more than any NRS installment before it, and im gonna spend every chance i get leveling up and preparing for the future.

ErMac333

Noob
Just read the whole thing, so no trailer today. Fine, but Boon needs to know better how to talk to his community. I get that he's the "master troll" and stuff like that but, he needs to be aware that this game is some serious shit now and that people will get annoyed if they are led to believe something huge is coming the next day when in fact, it's not.

People were expecting to see the kharacters, and instead the same info was shown, with an "official" tag above it, worse than that, the new stuff was that it would take longer than anyone imagined to be hands-on with the kontent. Really, if Boon doesn't learn how to communicate properly and tone down the trolling when it comes to build expectations, more chaos like the one currently taking place in his tweet are gonna happen.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
2016 FUCK YOU. Why is NRS so bad at these things, amongst the other obvious things they're bad at.

Stupid NRS FailFish

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Also, do the math people. DLC confirmed in about a year. @ED BAFOON smh

If it was early 2016 it would still be retarded, plus they would have said it was Jan/Feb just to keep our interest. Mannnnnn NRS is so horrible at this.

ErMac333

Noob
The worst part of the day is not even the release date, but yes how they handled it. WB probably has a set up schedule for all the developments underway, NRS is probably working on Injustice 2 or MKX2 already, and simultaneously developing these DLC. Probably the reason why not so many employees are available for the task of speeding things up on the MKX side.

But that's precisely why Boon needs to understand that people will build expectations on what he says, and take it very seriously. If he knew it was a huge deal, he shouldn't have posted the teasing image yesterday since he's aware of the schedule and aware that was the climax of the info they would be allowed to share at the time. If he left it for today, situation would be much better looking, still not great, but much better.

To all those complaining just appreciate the fact that NRS isn't letting this game die, there supporting it well into next year. Would you rather nothing at all?
Bottom line I guess is everyone has there opinion .. I love this game will Continue to play everyday I can and am stoked for the kp2.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
This is great for mk and this community and mostly everyone is being very disrespectful. I think there is an apology needed because not only we are getting more DLC we are also getting extended support for our game.