What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

N-Zalo

Noob
I'd rather train to be on point with hitconfirming d+f1 into flip and stay with the f3,4 oh safe option (f3,3 semi safe for other than HW) than loose my best defensive/bait tool (armor on ex-flip).

In a game that relies so heavily in momentum, a 7 frame armored move is FAR more important than trying to extend your overhead combos safely from 18%/14% to 28% at expense of a bar. But that's only my opinion.

Also Ex-flip in the corner led to 38% side switch combos when you were being attacked or on wakeup

So i got BLOWN THE EFF UP by @RM Cossner and his Sektor. I have zero experience and had no idea how to punish a damn thing. So into the lab I went. Sektor's teleport is a pretty easy punish by itself but when canceled into the air dash it can be a hard punish because of the pushback and the block stun. And if you duck the air dash then the timing changes again and is even hard to connect with a b1. So I figured out a no-brainer easy punish to both that is the exact same whether or not they cancel.

so yeah, just block the teleport, flip kick. Super simple but if you are like me sometimes you get to cautious waiting for the air dash and have a hard time punishing.

N-Zalo

Noob
@Treadmill , f2,1,2,bb into missile setups on block can be blown up on read by ex-glow kick. you have to reversal it between the second and third hit and you will land on him before missiles are placed on the screen. Just a tip, because I see lots of people doing that string/setup.

@Treadmill , f2,1,2,bb into missile setups on block can be blown up on read by ex-glow kick. you have to reversal it between the second and third hit and you will land on him before missiles are placed on the screen. Just a tip, because I see lots of people doing that string/setup.
I assume nutpunch works as well?

N-Zalo

Noob
@Superman Rz
d1s tend to have a bigger vertical hitboxes than d3s, yet d3 is low and d1 is mid, so besides being less negative on block d3 also contributes to your 50/50 potential, because when your opponent start respecting your poke frametraps (2,1,2~d3 , 1,1~d3 , b1,2,4~d3) you can start trying to overhead them with f3.

The Highlander

There can be only one
the frame data is wrong on her d3 btw its -1
Really? Don't think so. That would make her folllow up d3 8 frames right? That would beat out everything Tremor could do except armour. And he can perfectly time a d1 to beat it, so it must be slower than 9 frames. -3 seems right because that would make the follow up d3 10 frames.

Anyone know if flipkick is too slow now to blow up kotals b112 low sword cancel gap? I was able to reversal the safe saw cancel everytime but lost to the low sword everytime during the reversal.

It shouldnt matter since theyre both the same speed at 7f
I was surprised myself, but I am absolutely sure Kotal has some string cancelled into some sword that regular flip does not beat but the ex does. I'll try to make a video once I'm done repairing my hitbox.

Maybe pre patch but it shouldnt matter anymore since she lost the armor and theyre the same speed. The armored one blew up all of kotals cancels for sure except the overhead smash which is unsafe anyway

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I found an odd interaction with Hollywood's MB nut punch. Despite being invincible, she still has an interactable hit box of sorts that opponents can hit and cancel out of. For example, I can d4 xx MB frost bomb to beat her wake-up, even though d4 looks like it's whiffing. Known?

any use of her 123 string?
It's the go to chip string into exGuns after mb nutpunch AFAIK. Also it's just -1 so you can confuse the unaware opponents who probably have never seen that string. 123 <wait> regular flip for maximum disrespect and mindfuck.
I found an odd interaction with Hollywood's MB nut punch.
Yeah, thats how invincibility works in MKX. The same with jump-out interactables.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Is it possible that you can react if Cassie goes for the 3rd hit of B124 so that you can throw out non reversal armors? Some TYM members keep saying that. I try that in the lab but never succeed. My armors always come out as reversal, it means that even if Cassie only do B12 my armors still come out and I'm dead.

It's possible, but I would not rely on that. Furthermore it's even possible to get hit if a Cassie player decides to yolo b12-flip. Backdash is universally a safer option. But who needs a safe option with no reward in this game, right?

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Any reason to use brawler other than style points with her swaggy takedown move?