What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

So how are you guys rockin' the new skin? Couldn't be worse in my opinion, looks like a MK9 Johnny.
All the baits are gonne, I can't play her the way I used to which really confuses me. Huge props to everyone who played her differently than going for armor break setup.

ryublaze

Noob
My thoughts on XL Hollywood Cassie. The only change I disagree with is the max height Nutpunch nerf. Without meter I think the best combo ender now is 331 since it's a hard knockdown and you get more advantage to set up Cassie's 50/50. Meterless Nutpunch is still a decent ender as it leaves you at +3 and it's the best ender off of b12.

With meter we have to end with EX Nutpunch to vortex now. Doing max range Flipkick makes it safer but I'm pretty sure most of the cast can punish it with fast advancing moves. I still think max range Flipkick is good because in some MUs it's either hard to punish or it's a weak punish as opposed to getting Flipkick blocked. Otherwise we can always play it safe with jump in b2122+4, f34 or d+f+1 gunshot (can be armored through).

Armor stuffing with Flipkick is still there, it just doesn't work on fast armored wake-ups now. For chipping someone out, I believe 123 EX Guns does the most chip and has no gap.

Some combos ending with 331:

EDIT: Midscreen I found an easier combo: 242 f21 flipkick run 331 for 28%
@Superman Rz also found some more damaging corner combos. You can do starter flipkick f2 121 21u4 212 flipkick 331 for 39%
Replace 331 with 33 EX Nutpunch or run 123 EX Nutpunch (harder) for standing reset.

Last edited:
Ill watch that vid when i get home, hopefully theres some hope. I was playing last night and Cass just jsnt what she used to be. Never thought about using 331 as an ender

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Compared to the other crap in this game, after coming back from a 5 month hiatus playing other games I think they probably went after Cassie too hard unfortunately. I am surprised Spec Ops didn't get anything after the damage scaling on flip kick was increased, and it is unfortunate they decided it was necessary to increase pushback on regular nut punch in Hollywood. I am not sure what reason you would have to pick that variation over Brawler now. Having access to 21u4/f34 is not enough.

I do understand removing armor on flipkick though as it was basically a get off the ground free card and one of the stronger moves in the entire game...Unfortunately that nerf probably punishes the Spec Ops variation worse than the others.

I can't play her now. I based my whole gameplan over armor breaks with the flipkick. Considering how stupid things some other characters have Im surprised how bare bones Cassie feels now. She's playable but the fun is gone, at least for me. I mained her since the release day and endured every change but this is one is a bit too much.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I can't play her now. I based my whole gameplan over armor breaks with the flipkick. Considering how stupid things some other characters have Im surprised how bare bones Cassie feels now. She's playable but the fun is gone, at least for me. I mained her since the release day and endured every change but this is one is a bit too much.
anything you could do before you can still do with Nutpunch, you just will have to make reads instead of throwing it out blind

Cassie's still fine, I gotta agree with Scott. I'm only talking about Hollywood however, don't know about the other two variations.

She seems decent but she isnt the threat she used to be. Even mind games like 212 stagger 212 ex flip kick doesnt work anymore since 6f d1 got passed out like candy. I tried doing a b124 ex flip and traded with alien and lost meter....that blows. Losing that sick guaranteed chip too just hurts as does not being able to punish -6 things like JC f244. I havent gotten to test it yet but Cassie used to be able to punish flame fist kangs punch freakout move into any cancel. im still gona use Cass but man this patch sucked for her

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
She seems decent but she isnt the threat she used to be. Even mind games like 212 stagger 212 ex flip kick doesnt work anymore since 6f d1 got passed out like candy. I tried doing a b124 ex flip and traded with alien and lost meter....that blows. Losing that sick guaranteed chip too just hurts as does not being able to punish -6 things like JC f244. I havent gotten to test it yet but Cassie used to be able to punish flame fist kangs punch freakout move into any cancel. im still gona use Cass but man this patch sucked for her
In regards to the chip, it opens up a mixup of will she EX guns or finish the strings so that's pretty neat if you ask me since I THINK they made the string gapless but B212 on its own -14.

Everybody got toned down so realtively she's a little bit closer to reality now of what she needs. Still good though. You can do 212 regular flip on a read and if you trade with a d1 you can usually convert off of the trade. You just gotta make the hard reads now.

hello guys Im new to mkx, not total rookie I played it casually with pals but I want to go next lvl now. This forum already helped me a lot in understanding of this game so really thanks guys you are awesome. I picked cassie hollywood, got some questions.

1.Do you use stick for all her special moves. for example flipkick is very inconsistent for me, and I use buttons for it. Or df1 into d2 , its impossible to do on stick (for me).
2. What do i do? lol. I basically know all her basic combos and I try rush opponent with mixing it up + nut punch ending. some poke with d3 and then again xD Im working on run combos still. recently i beat some 80+ lvl guy and he texted me "spammy little fuk"
3. For In the corner i go with 242,njp, 33 , db2, 33 , bd3 as I can do it 100% of the time, but should I go ex version of nut punch to continue pressure? It works like this, yes :p? or maybe you guys recommend something else.
4. some other character to play? i like bonesharper sungod and smoke @youtube

ps. Im EU.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

hello guys Im new to mkx, not total rookie I played it casually with pals but I want to go next lvl now. This forum already helped me a lot in understanding of this game so really thanks guys you are awesome. I picked cassie hollywood, got some questions.

1.Do you use stick for all her special moves. for example flipkick is very inconsistent for me, and I use buttons for it. Or df1 into d2 , its impossible to do on stick (for me).
2. What do i do? lol. I basically know all her basic combos and I try rush opponent with mixing it up + nut punch ending. some poke with d3 and then again xD Im working on run combos still. recently i beat some 80+ lvl guy and he texted me "spammy little fuk"
3. For In the corner i go with 242,njp, 33 , db2, 33 , bd3 as I can do it 100% of the time, but should I go ex version of nut punch to continue pressure? It works like this, yes :p? or maybe you guys recommend something else.
4. some other character to play? i like bonesharper sungod and smoke @youtube

ps. Im EU.
When pressuring people, it's pretty good if you can condition them to not push a button so you can do a 50/50 mixup on them. I use 11 because it's plus 2 on block and that makes D3 or flip a frame trap (beaten by armoured attacks of course). Once my opponent thinks I'm going to press D1 or do a flip and they're scared. I just do a throw, overhead or low attack to try and open them up. The same can be applied with B12, despite being negative on block you can mix it up with B124 and if they respect that whole string then you're plus on block. If you use the EX version of nut punch, you get another free 50/50 mixup on your opponent. It can be devistating in the corner. Regular nutpunch is nice but it's only +3 and has pushback but it stops wakeup attacks so that's pretty cool I guess.

Reactions: GQJ
I love Cassie but she feels a little too honest now in a game thats ruled by dirt. Her dirt was the semi safe ex flip which isnt anymore since you get knocked out of it all of the time. Ex flip kick really only exists now to tey and make mixups mostly safe. I may just be butthurt because i lost pretty bad to a csz player tonight...... felt like i had no answers. Fought the Csz as my WG Kotal and won 5 straight....

I thought they rolled that back and there wasnt a gap in the string anymore? I havent had anyone punish it yet, the cancel advantage is just dead.

My problems with Cassie now are her 2 positive strings having gaps in them since her other nerfs. Theyre also +1 and cassie has no 6f move anymore. Since they passed out 6f pokes to everyone else like candy, youll be challenged quite a bit. This wouldnt be an issue if cassie could still threaten with flip kick, but she cant anymore. Ive been knocked out of flip kick ex on neutral plenty of times by pokes causing me to just lose meter. It creates another standoff which used to be in Cassies favor but is not anymore.

Having the threat of that pseudo safe ex backflip is mainly what made her so strong imo....i find myself needing to switch to WG Kotal now for several mus >.< which fucking sucks because Cassie turned into maybe my favorite character

Scott The Scot

I thought they rolled that back and there wasnt a gap in the string anymore? I havent had anyone punish it yet, the cancel advantage is just dead.

My problems with Cassie now are her 2 positive strings having gaps in them since her other nerfs. Theyre also +1 and cassie has no 6f move anymore. Since they passed out 6f pokes to everyone else like candy, youll be challenged quite a bit. This wouldnt be an issue if cassie could still threaten with flip kick, but she cant anymore. Ive been knocked out of flip kick ex on neutral plenty of times by pokes causing me to just lose meter. It creates another standoff which used to be in Cassies favor but is not anymore.

Having the threat of that pseudo safe ex backflip is mainly what made her so strong imo....i find myself needing to switch to WG Kotal now for several mus >.< which fucking sucks because Cassie turned into maybe my favorite character
You can trade with a 6 frame move then convert off of the trade if you use regular flip. Risky but meh, make the right reads lol

You can trade with a 6 frame move then convert off of the trade if you use regular flip. Risky but meh, make the right reads lol
Yeah man its risky, a risk she used to not have to take. If they use armor youll get blown up whereas you used to just be safe doing ex flip kick. I get you should be ideally making the right reads but having those options available made the opponent respect cassie up close that much more before

Scott The Scot

Yeah man its risky, a risk she used to not have to take. If they use armor youll get blown up whereas you used to just be safe doing ex flip kick. I get you should be ideally making the right reads but having those options available made the opponent respect cassie up close that much more before
I don't mind because I've been using raw flip for a while now when she's plus. It can literally stike the fear of god into an opponent because they'll think you're a crazy son of a bitch lol. If somebody ain't respecting the plus frame Cassie has, then I make it my mission to force them to over respect it. Sometimes that means sacrificing health just so that they know you mean business but it's worth it sometimes.

I don't mind taking risks when playing though, I'm probably just over-confident sometimes lol.

N-Zalo

Noob
My problems with Cassie now are her 2 positive strings having gaps in them since her other nerfs.
b2,1,2,d2+4 doesn't have a gap as it did on the online beta version, They crippled both b2 strings cancel advantages on block to 12 frames (so 13 frames ex guns wont jail)

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
can you still combo from b212 d2+4 i seen my buddy do it prepatch and cant replicate it post patch im thinking the 7f screwed it up

N-Zalo

Noob
I still can't figure out why did NRS take the armor of Ex-flip instead of making it punishable like Lao's cyclone...
One of the things I liked the most about this character was her defensive capabilities, now I fell free as f*ck to be pressured, mainly because I main spec ops. The risk reward of all the armored specials left are not worth spending the meter in, specially bf4!
I mean... d+f1 can be hitconfirmed (not easy but can be done), hollywood has safe oh string, spec ops has american way (which could had been buffed) to pseudo-hitconfirm, and brawler has lots of mixups, so why the hell leaving ex-flip safe but without armor????