What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

FutileDede

True Empress
After playing around with beta cassie I really feel she needs an armoured launcher. Characters with holes in combo are exploiting me as the trade doesn't seem worth it as none of her options in HW( best trade 15% vortex, used to be 24% vortex [mid ]) best option , while brawler (18% knockdown, used to be 27% knockdown [mid]). Which made me willing in the current version to trade with kotal's pizza, tremor's option. but now I have to start asking myself if guarding against subzero crushing hammer is a better option :( ugh.

Yooo How do you guys feel about Ex Nut Punch as a wake up option? I mean its unsafe but invincible! Thats what I use in hollywood atleast.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
how are you guys doing in the beta?
is this 'new' cassie viable in your opinion?

I'm still winning a lot with Spec Ops but ex flip kick nerf is killing me atm. I'm adjusting but it's a sloooooow process. Also, I simply can't play Spec Ops like I used to when I get in close. The nerf to B212D2+4's pushback when cancelling the D2+4 has made it so there's almost no reason to use it for rocket pressure. Quickstand setup with the string still works so that's good but I have to play this character a lot more as an Oki variation than a punish variation.

N-Zalo

Noob
@Compbros
Does the gap between the startup of rocket and the last hit of b2,1,2,d2+4 got bigger? Is it unsafer, in terms of time to react, to cast rockets despite of the lack of pushback?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
@Compbros
Does the gap between the startup of rocket and the last hit of b2,1,2,d2+4 got bigger? Is it unsafer, in terms of time to react, to cast rockets despite of the lack of pushback?
No, it's just the pushback. With the pushback most people were outside d3/d1 range so the options were to d4 and get hit with rocket, run up and block or get hit with rocket, jump in and get hit by rocket, armor and maybe get hit by rocket depending on timing, use a forward advancing string adavnd get hit by rocket, or back off and maybe get hit by mid rocket. Now you can jump out/in to avoid the hitbox of rocket, d3/d1 and recover in time to block rocket, armor through, advance through, or throw and get hit by rocket but I can't combo afterwards.

N-Zalo

Noob
I really hope they roll back at least one of this changes, either the b2,1,2 or the ex flip, otherwise I'm dropping the only character variation I really liked in this game. I prefer playing demolition sonya rather than other cassie variation...

Arzumis

Noob
After quite some using cassie in the beta would like to take back a few words i said before.
I prefer ex flip to be safe than have it be armored and unsafe.
I play hollywood exclusively and ex np serves as my wake up and reversal in gaps. regular flipkick is a great anti air and I feel i get more out of ex flip using it for safe 50/50s than anti airing with it personally.
Cassie will live on

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
After quite some using cassie in the beta would like to take back a few words i said before.
I prefer ex flip to be safe than have it be armored and unsafe.
I play hollywood exclusively and ex np serves as my wake up and reversal in gaps. regular flipkick is a great anti air and I feel i get more out of ex flip using it for safe 50/50s than anti airing with it personally.
Cassie will live on
I agree. It still is a great anti-air as well even not armoured

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
so is there any reason to finish the b212 string? or should u just do something like b212~exguns
Well it's a guessing game, if they try punish it and you don't finish the string they eat a dick, so it is now actually a pressure string and not just a blockstring

N-Zalo

Noob
b2121+2~flip used to be pretty damn safe against almost everyone. Is it not anymore?
Safeness of b2,1,2,d1+2 xx flip relied on the pushback of the first hit of d1+2, that way the recovery frames of the whiffed flip were absorbed by the cancel advantage of the upward stick swing. I haven't tested it but with pushback gone my guess is that now you get plain -30 at normal blocked flip range.

N-Zalo

Noob
Can anyone please test the following, or post a screenshot of the new b2,1,2,d2+4 so I can do the math on rocket cancellations.
Against Reptile's ex slide reversal: b2,1,2,d2+4xx(dd1)
Against Cassie's Glow Kick reversal: b2,1,2,d2+4xx(Ex-dd1)
With those strings rocket and it's ex version used to come out despite of Cassie being blown away. In numbers, 6 frames reversals didn't prevent normal rocket to hit, neither ~13 frame reversals prevented Ex-rocket.