What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Not much of a fan. Its good against players who dont know the mu though. Usually i run jnto people who dont punish the takedown on block when its -17
You should not cancel anything into take down, why not just hit confirm or yolo back flip for a full combo instead?
Brawler has the best midscreen damage, after the hard knock down of take down Cassie can F44 to break 11f armors, or go for the pseudo safe mixup df1~flip or F3 flip (the flip will WHIFF if they block and hit if they guess wrong, making it very touch to punish). It's very easy to time too
And because Cassie's jump 3 and 4 are pretty good, she can jump around like a maniac (unless you play against Kitana....) and get 38% midscreen from 1 bar by hit confirming into air throw. She gets much more damage from an air-to-air.
But lack of air gun makes her very vulnerable to air shenanigans

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Is it possible that you can react if Cassie goes for the 3rd hit of B124 so that you can throw out non reversal armors? Some TYM members keep saying that. I try that in the lab but never succeed. My armors always come out as reversal, it means that even if Cassie only do B12 my armors still come out and I'm dead.

sure you can

i purposely reversaled once just to see what the timing was

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
sure you can

i purposely reversaled once just to see what the timing was
Wow, bottom 10 confirmed. Thanks a lot
And can you do another test please? I know that Mileena can use her 8f normal roll to fuck the gap in B124, does it mean characters with 6f normals can do this too (with harder timing)?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Wow, bottom 10 confirmed. Thanks a lot
And can you do another test please? I know that Mileena can use her 8f normal roll to fuck the gap in B124, does it mean characters with 6f normals can do this too (with harder timing)?
mileena's roll is a perfect combination of lowprofiling hurtbox and speed which is why faster meterless specials don't beat the string and slower meterless specials that also low profile won't either

b124 trades with 6f normals and you can't for instance do a 6f normal xx armor move to os a cassie player staggering b12 or finishing the string

Last edited:
About brawler (though I haven't played her post patch). I second all of what @YoloRoll1stHit said. Plus she has a lot of tick setups, and 331/12b4 and takedown. But they are all high risk - low reward. So, I guess, brawler is for people whose reads are godlike and who are super confident. If one likes space control and neutral game - Hollywood. Or Mileena. Or - even better - Street Fighter.

About b124 - I would be really happy if someone proved me wrong, but I still believe that confirming and armoring the last hit is not something to be relied on. The video shows Cassie doing b12 once then b124. And there's no question that one can learn the timing of non reversal armor there. What it does not show is actual confirm though.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
mileena's roll is a perfect combination of lowprofiling hurtbox and speed which is why faster meterless specials don't beat the string and slower specials that also low profile won't either

b124 trades with 6f normals and you can't for instance do a 6f normal xx armor move to os a cassie player staggering b12 or finishing the string

Thanks very much. Now I should yolo roll even more often

The Highlander

There can be only one
Personally brawler seems way better than spec ops after the moat recent patch, but I never liked spec -ops to begin with... Hollywood vs brawler is a bit tougher, I still like hollywood for instant air guns and mb nutpunch.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
About brawler (though I haven't played her post patch). I second all of what @YoloRoll1stHit said. Plus she has a lot of tick setups, and 331/12b4 and takedown. But they are all high risk - low reward. So, I guess, brawler is for people whose reads are godlike and who are super confident. If one likes space control and neutral game - Hollywood. Or Mileena. Or - even better - Street Fighter.

About b124 - I would be really happy if someone proved me wrong, but I still believe that confirming and armoring the last hit is not something to be relied on. The video shows Cassie doing b12 once then b124. And there's no question that one can learn the timing of non reversal armor there. What it does not show is actual confirm though.
It shows that the window for armoring is huge and scouting for the only move that would come out after a blocked b12 with your finger on the trigger isn't difficult to confirm. I can't randomize the timing, but you could see Cassie's leg heave for almost a full second and armor if you focus on it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I quite like Brawler for the midscreen damage and air to air damage. That's nice, and so is the mixups (which you don't have to do btw). But the tick throws are great. Cassies D4 is reaaaally good and even from max range it ticks into command grab.

It shows that the window for armoring is huge and scouting for the only move that would come out after a blocked b12 with your finger on the trigger isn't difficult to confirm. I can't randomize the timing, but you could see Cassie's leg heave for almost a full second and armor if you focus on it.
What I did to practice fuzzying Ermacs Low/Oh or Low/Low was to record me doing like maybe 20 of the mixups totally randomised. Then I turned the inputs off so I couldn't cheat, then I beat up the dummy for a while - just practiced some BnB's. Then I didn't know where about in the recording I was and the AI would do something I wouldn't expect.

Reactions: GQJ

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I quite like Brawler for the midscreen damage and air to air damage. That's nice, and so is the mixups (which you don't have to do btw). But the tick throws are great. Cassies D4 is reaaaally good and even from max range it ticks into command grab.

What I did to practice fuzzying Ermacs Low/Oh or Low/Low was to record me doing like maybe 20 of the mixups totally randomised. Then I turned the inputs off so I couldn't cheat, then I beat up the dummy for a while - just practiced some BnB's. Then I didn't know where about in the recording I was and the AI would do something I wouldn't expect.
listen that sounds like alot of time that i could be spending being the best nash player in north america. but you could do it and i'll take credit ok

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
What are matchups that hollywood loses that spec ops can win?

Guys is this a glitch? I did meterburned nutpunch, I hit with ding but the enemy got pushed back and dong whiffed on hit. Wtf?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What's the optimal combo for s1 aa?
option 1: s1, 33, b12 flip, b12 into ender
option 2: replace 33 with 212 for 1% more damage, but you need to run more. And because more hits add more gravity, I doubt the last b12 can connect with nut punch
I usually go with 33 because I never have to worry about stamina for run, or my ender whiffs
option 3: very hard but swaggy combo: 1 BF4, b12 flip, B12 into ender

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
everyone knows the optimal s1 antiair combo is S1, NJP, F24 xx DB2, RC F24 xx wnder

Last edited:
Does Cassie still bodies Scorpion? Which variation(s) is (are) good to use against him (mainly Ninjutsu and Inferno). I'm thinking about learning her, cause i have such a hard time against him using Kitana.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Does Cassie still bodies Scorpion? Which variation(s) is (are) good to use against him (mainly Ninjutsu and Inferno). I'm thinking about learning her, cause i have such a hard time against him using Kitana.
It's pretty even IMO. Her 8f d4 is very long so she can compete with Scorpion's d4. Everything else: pressure, damage, air control.... feels even to me. If you're new to her I recommend Brawler because instant air gun is very hard to do. Practice fuzzying Ninjutsu F2/F2 takedown, it's not that hard and you can full combo punish him without having to guess. Practice hitconfirming B12 and df1 into flip, they're very important

It's pretty even IMO. Her 8f d4 is very long so she can compete with Scorpion's d4. Everything else: pressure, damage, air control.... feels even to me. If you're new to her I recommend Brawler because instant air gun is very hard to do. Practice fuzzying Ninjutsu F2/F2 takedown, it's not that hard and you can full combo punish him without having to guess. Practice hitconfirming B12 and df1 into flip, they're very important
I'll begin to try her tonight when i get home. I can pull Kitana's IAF, maybe it could help me trying Cassie's IAG. What do you think?

Arzumis

Noob
Cassies instant air gunshots are so wierd for me i don't understand it. I can get mileena air sai and liu kangs much lower