What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

kantboy-2

Ripper
The "free" stuff is an incentive for those that never bought stuff outside the KP (like me).

You're getting 4 characters and multiple skin packs. Apocalypse = Samurai; skins for buying the actual pack.

Did anyone else enjoy the Naruto jump in the Triborg intro? Leatherface looks fun.

XxDark_

Noob
honestly everything in that trailer was so fucking on point. from the preview of how each character will play, The Pit stage! (need I say more). what's not to love about this game(Besides online)

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
So
Okay.
Leatherface looks like he is going to be the new Jason. Bounces, but slow. Big damage and brutal, but meh.
Chainsaw attacks, I can only imagine plus on block, his X-ray has him stab you so hard with his chainsaw that you hover and he bashes your skull in with a hammer.

Triborg looks like the fire we all imagined. His sektor has the dataport and missles which he can MB to make 3 more travel in a wave pattern, all connect at full screen.
Cyrax variation looks like it has the projectile bombs (think MB bombs from mk9) but no evidence of ground bombs or unblockables.
Smoke has a harpoon pull where he stabs them and brings them in. Air grab where he throws them full screen.

Bo looks mobile in his moves but kinda slow. Has a drinking stance and one with his staff, can assume its longer range pokes and combos. If the air pull one is its own move he has amazing AA.

Alien has insane corner carry and can spawn eggs which spawn face huggers which look like they stun the enemy if they hit. All of his attacks look brutal, looks like some string grabs in there.

The pit from MK9 looks like a new stage.
Thanks and about the pit stage. Are ther intractables? Can you see Daegon fighting in the background?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Triborg looks S+ tier asf. The rest look pretty damn good as well but Triborg just looks like rushdown/mixup heaven.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly the Triborg fatality looks amazing.
I'm still banking on Leatherface though. If his chainsaw does clicks on block, then imagine the meter gain.
You thought lao was bad, watch this man bring the new trident rush

Skedar70

Noob
Looks really good. I also had hope for at least one new skin pack per character and one stage per character. I will buy it all.

The "free" stuff is an incentive for those that never bought stuff outside the KP (like me).

You're getting 4 characters and multiple skin packs. Apocalypse = Samurai; skins for buying the actual pack.

Did anyone else enjoy the Naruto jump in the Triborg intro? Leatherface looks fun.
Multiple skin packs that I ALREADY OWN. That is ridiculous to be honest, people expected new skins for characters that don't have any. The 4 DLC, Goro, and new characters especially need new skins, and only 3 new characters are getting skins. That's bullshit tbh

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
hope boraicho strings/moves are safe (really looks like its not). I really want to play him. if he sucks It's either sektor or back to knife bois hibernation.

ErMac333

Noob
I don't know but it seems people are considering Apocalypse the new Samurai skin pack. But I'm pretty sure by now that the "multiple" skin packs you guys are refering to are just not gonna happen. Apocalypse is probably all that's new. I hope we get some confirmation soon.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Tri-borg looks so insanely cool, especially Sektor holy crap and Leatherface looks 10 times more brutal than I ever imagined and Bo Rai' Cho looks kinda silly but Alien makes up for it by having those insanely cool fatalities and attacks and wow I need these characters like right now.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I wasn't the most excited about leather face but after seeing the trailer, I approve. I'm going to fart in so many faces :)

It was disappointing for me when KP2 was revealed, yet after watching that trailer, I must say, it does look good and the character play styles do look promising. Plus who doesn't like the "Pit" stage? I'm glad it's back with a nice upgrade.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
So far my favorite is bo, although even though I had no interest in tri-borg or leatherface, I might check them out because they look really fun