What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I have no words for how goddamn cool Triborg looks I just wanna play this fucking character right now sjefdoierfoenrfiuhwefcowdcoh34ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nice to see we're getting another Erron Black costume, I'm pretty hype about that as well!

Ayyjayyy

DevilApes
Not sure if mentioned here before but, with Cyrax B2 being in mkx, I can only assume that it's a overhead launcher. And after Smoke pulls Sub in with his spear(?), he does a low starting string that pops them up and is special cancelable, since both of them are airborn, teleports will likley hit opponent. (or as in the video, smokes airgrab) If this is true, then all Cyrax needs is his net, then he will get some cool 50/50s. Just a theory though.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
that sector uppercut where smoke and cyrax are holding sub looks like a fatal, not xray- subs body is torn apart

i'll give credit to NRS for their creativity, however, i can't even imagine what leatherface's 3 variations will be...thoughts?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Everyone needs to realize that just because only the apocalyptic pack is included in the Kombat Pack, it doesn't mean those are the only skins NRS has planning. + Apocalyptic sounds amazing, especially given the characters its on.

A Net And A Dream?
do you realize that if they planned for any dlc themes like kp1 it would most likely be revealed in their official statement? why would they hide it? that's just wishful thinking. with their track record, i don't get why people carry so much water for nrs.

and say down the line in kp2 they do release skin packs independently, would it still not be scummy to keep them out of the pack?

Skellington

Banned
I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread but I wanted to say this:

Remember all the people who said Alien would NEVER make it into this game?? Yaaaa me tooo. Time to hold this

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So do we all agree that we could have replaced Leatherface with Sindel? Because after looking at Leatherface we could have easily replaced that with Sindel. Or Frost Or Fujin. Or Noob. Or Rain. Possibly the one true misstep of KP2 development beyond repackaging previous DLC (did they think we wouldn't notice?).

Overall I'm really pleased to see Alien and Triborg live up to the hype. They genuinely seem interesting and they animate very well.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok have to admit NRS proved me wrong with Bo, he looks a lot better than I imagined.

Sektor omg, I haven't been playing this game that much of late between what they did to Ermac and no Fujin but that perked my interest again. Those missile combos omg...amazing.

And Cyber Smoke mixed with human MK 9 Smoke=oh my.:eek: Not to mention restand spears? ohh you know he's going to have resets lol.

I wonder if Cyrax will be as OP as he was in MK 9, going to say no. I think he'll be pretty good but won't have the insane easy resets. I hope Sektor still has his seeking missile, I'm going to take a guess and say that ex missile which kind of keeps you in the air is his ex normal missile now but just animated differently instead of "straight duel missiles" like MK 9. His tp looks the same, sweet!

My guess on the KP2 tier rank(just speculation of course) based off this trailer.

Triborg Cyber Smoke>Alien(hard to tell alien looks fast as fuck up close)>Bo Rai Cho>>>Leatherface

We'll see though.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
KP2 announced:

"OMG NRS I H8 U THIS IS TERRIBLE YOU DON'T LISTEN TO FANS I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME"

KP2 gameplay revealed:

"OMGZ THIS LOOK SO AWESOME WOW ALIEN BRO I'M SO READY NRS PLEASE TAK MY MONEY NOW!!!!"

...... :coffee:
There are plenty of people who still hold reservation even after this reveal, please don't lump us all together like that. There are some pretty shady decisions made (repackaging DLC like skin packs, Goro, etc.) and Leatherface is still a wasted slot.

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So do we all agree that we could have replaced Leatherface with Sindel? Because after looking at Leatherface we could have easily replaced that with Sindel. Or Frost Or Fujin. Or Noob. Or Rain. Possibly the one true misstep of KP2 development beyond repackaging previous DLC (did they think we wouldn't notice?).

And I better see Kotal, my bae D'Vorah, Cassie and co. get some new skins... isn't much of an excuse at this point for them not to have some.

Overall I'm really pleased to see Alien and Triborg live up to the hype. They genuinely seem interesting and they animate very well.
With Fuijin sure. With Frost or Sindel, nah.

I wont ever play as him, but his dumb ass X-ray and watching him beat people to death with a tiny hammer makes me kinda like him.