What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
That's what I would think, but it's true what @StealthyMuffin pointed out - kp1 trailers had ps4, xbone and steam logos on them, but this only has ps4 and xbone. And I remember hearing about them laying off the studio that was porting mkx to PC? Hopefully this all means nothing.
fucking hope so... i was counting on this new kast of characters to resurrect the online population on steam.... the game is pretty much dead right now.... i'm only playing against some of my buddys everyday.....

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Leatherface showed off 2 variations. I'm thinking a basic leatherface and red shirt is a hammer variation. Still looks like another Jason to me. But he'll probably be a better Jason. Maybe Jason mains can actually feel mid tier. Meh.

Sektor's ex missiles will probably be a bitch to block. Who knows how that blockstun is going to feel like. Will he have a flamethrower?
Cyrax probably has ground, air, and arc bombs. He got 2 bombs in one combo. Hoping for EX unblockable shenanigans that NRS loves. Wonder if he'll have a teleport too. Then with one character each variation would have a universal MU defining tool.
Smoke has a restand, possible vortex and probably many launching/airborne strings. Probably flashy as hell. The string that led to the air grab is universal. I'd buy this character.

Bo Rai Cho got a staff variation. Maybe I get a character with good buttons like Kotal. Probably only version with different basics/string. Hoping NRS does a drink buff variation with the glowing chug. Probably only version that has puke moves and could be affected by drinking like Lobo's shotgun. Where are people getting mobility from? Potential buy.

Alien got a trap variation. Dfiferent hunter predator? Probably mid and restands. Baraka Alien is still dumb to me. I think only 2 variations got shown. Meh.

kaseyk

Noob
alien is going to be broke af in corner if egg works like clone .

triborge actually looks like 3 characters probably will be most unique across the 3 variations .

two characters i actually want to play is nice . this looks like they will all drop together instead of months apart .

It's mind boggling how people are so misinformed saying Leatherface seems like Jason. They really don't, if at all.

But people always gotta find something to complain about :rolleyes:

Triborg looks incredible. I saw nary a net from Cyrax. sadface.

Wondering if Triborg is going to be as ridiculous as he looks or if he's just gonna be flashy.

Alien is like, D'Vorah Predator. Bo Rai Cho is stupid. Leatherface is stupid. Probably will only buy triborg. No point in buying characters I have no interest in even trying.

kantboy-2

Ripper
It's good that Triborg recycles MK9 animations; he is a cyborg that stole Sektor's memory banks (looks like it did the same with Cyrax) and just added the info into his fighting program.

I can see now the skins that drop along with Alien; Jacquie as Vazquez, Cassie as Hicks, Sonya as Ripley and an Elder Predator skin.

Color 2 HAS TO BE RED, NRS! ;)

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Triborg is pretty dank.
BoRaiCho needs an alt. costume. His primary is bland as fuck.
Fell asleep during Leatherface's and Alien's gameplay.

Pretty alright pack.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Everyone needs to realize that just because only the apocalyptic pack is included in the Kombat Pack, it doesn't mean those are the only skins NRS has planning. + Apocalyptic sounds amazing, especially given the characters its on.

A Net And A Dream?