What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Also, its not like people are gonna have armor all the time so you should still be able to get the chip from the 3 reps at some points. I think the gap is a good thing since it won't encourage the same braindead pressure/chip he had at the beginning of the game.
Still backdashable though, but yeah good point. He's gonna hurt in the corner if you out of meter, when before you could just poke or uppercut out of 214 reps (albeit at the risk of getting hit by a B12 into full combo).

Regardless though, no matter what happens you are missing a hit of 214 string being guaranteed. And that kinda hurts.

JDM

Noob
Yeah, so the way it will work is

214 FBC 21
21FBC (punish armour)

Will be your two options. So yeah you are right, it's not a massive nerf , just means you don't get the last hit when playing safe, kinda sucks but I guess it won't kill the character since he should get a couple more % on combos
I don't get it lol, 214 was unsafe, now the gap is 21(4) instead of 214(2)14. and you can't duck 214 fbc 214 since it jails now. This is undoubtedly a buff, no questions asked. 214 is better in every way now.

Arzumis

Noob
The beta so far is not as good as I expected. I played with a friend and we never lag and in this beta we are lagging, our ping is hovering around 50-60 i don't think thats too bad of a ping. When im on offense the game is running sweet to me but to him im skipping around and my moves are intractable and when hes pressuring me, he says it feels like offline but i cant react to his moves. So it seems the defender cant react while the attacker is fine. He can full be screen and i see him run, by the time I see his running animation hes already in and pressuring with his unreactable. Dbz style, rapid pressure. Am I the only one experiencing issues?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Has anybody been playing Grandmaster Sub-Zero? Are there any changes? Not that I'd hope for changes, but I'm wondering why Tom would tweet "so happy that my style of SZ is back". Maybe he's just referring to the timer and breaker changes.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The beta so far is not as good as I expected. I played with a friend and we never lag and in this beta we are lagging, our ping is hovering around 50-60 i don't think thats too bad of a ping. When im on offense the game is running sweet to me but to him im skipping around and my moves are intractable and when hes pressuring me, he says it feels like offline but i cant react to his moves. So it seems the defender cant react while the attacker is fine. He can full be screen and i see him run, by the time I see his running animation hes already in and pressuring with his unreactable. Dbz style, rapid pressure. Am I the only one experiencing issues?
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Enhanced-Online-Beta-Feedback/Enhanced-Online-Beta-Known-issues/m-p/1010933

read 1st two lines of op

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I also could be wrong about this. It's hard to test with randoms
113~special cancel has a gap currently so if that is true that pretty big,
alot of chars cant armor punish 113~mimic shadow kick but can on 113~mimic up shadow so if 11(3) is a gap that will help alot vs sd cage.
maybe alist wont be able to make the string safe anymore if thats the case also, very interesting stuff

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm really excited to see you guys test this beta. I hope all you guys who sign get in and post your matches.

Maximilian said he will be streaming the beta tonight if anyone is interested.

Master race amrite :DOGE
I had a long set with Max before he started streaming. He lives in LA and I'm in East Canada. The ping was around 110ms but it was overall smooth. There were a few skips but that's normal in this current stage of the beta. Shows how awesome the game can run on good connections even when people are far away.

That's rollback for you. You're sacrificing visuals for better responsiveness. Notice how some of the effects in-game got scaled down to Mobile/Low graphics PC tier like Johnny's fireballs and Scorpion's Flame Aura effects.

But relax, it's a beta and Day 1 at that. It's bound to get better.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
It resets the situation, like a breaker should. And it slows down the pace a bit in a game that most agree is a little too offense-based most of the time.

It's a good change.
Fighting games are all about sharpening your skills to have faster situational awareness as well as executions and reactions. Anybody who thinks that fighting games should be slowed down and be less offensive should be playing a JRPG strategy instead and stay the fuck out of FGC. fuck y'all kung lao complex.

In this current meta, you do a breaker, you lose your stamina and 2 bars, and people like Tanya and cassie can use their stamina to run up to you after you broke and do their relentless pressure.

Please tell me how that is a good thing?

I'm glad it takes both stamina bars now. NRS is really doing something good with this
It's not good if you failed to keep them out. A second time. I find it mildly ironic that a Kitana main got trouble with that.

Your opponent just spent 2 bars to avoid certain death and all you have to do is think about your next move instead of immediately sprint back in. This change was 100% needed
Am sorry but your opponent running back up to your face immediately after you knocked them down on their backs with a breaker is totally your fault, You failed to make them respect your offense and so they rush you down.

Well, I get why they want it to cost resources to do it, so you can't just break for free. But the idea is to not be put at too much of a disadvantage when you break when you're already at one. Breaking in its current form can give too much of an offensive opportunity to the other player when it's supposed to give you a second chance.
I understand, But this will only reward zoners/keepaway characters on the expense of pressure characters. Most pressure characters have little zoning options and they struggle to get in. Imagine how terrifying Quan will be now after breaking, all he needs is a little breathing room to destroy you. Kitana will instant air fan you for days and when you finally get in she'll break you, send you back to neutral and start building those bars again while you struggle to get in. Detto for characters who plays from neutral without the need to get in like Takeda, infact, a breaker here will switch the game entirely to his favor.

This requires a huge changes for it to be balanced. Changes i highly doubt NRS will do efficiently, if at all.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Fighting games are all about sharpening your skills to have faster situational awareness as well as executions and reactions. Anybody who thinks that fighting games should be slowed down and be less offensive should be playing a JRPG strategy instead and stay the fuck out of FGC. fuck y'all kung lao complex.
no that is what being an offensive player is about, not how all fighting games are about, fighting games are a vast genre with MANY different playstyles. like how there are more patient styles that are about baiting the opponent and forcing them to make a mistake, to annoy them, and also knowing when you can and cant press buttons along with at which distances, playing mind games with the opponent, like whiffing a normal on purpose and punishing them for attempting to punish you. defense in fighting game is just as important as offense. so please, dont let your playstyle cloud your view of fighting games or determine how others would play, because if everyone played the same then fighting games would be boring as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.