What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yayyyyyy! People can finally stop assuming Erron Black was Kotal's terrible loss! Good lord that assumption was getting old.
It would also be cool if people finally stopped assuming that death means anything in MK...

Also why do I read Osh Tekk like someone with a speech impediment saying Aztec...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It would also be cool if people finally stopped assuming that death means anything in MK...

She might come back in a game or two, but death isn't completely meaningless in MK, if you die sometimes you do sit a game(or multiple) out. If it's a new character and they die, well, that says a lot about their chances of getting in the game, unless them dying is a major plot point to their story(i.e. Noob Saibot for Bi-Han).

Saint Op Omen

She might come back in a game or two, but death isn't completely meaningless in MK, if you die sometimes you do sit a game(or multiple) out. If it's a new character and they die, well, that says a lot about their chances of getting in the game, unless them dying is a major plot point to their story(i.e. Noob Saibot for Bi-Han).
Yeah in that sense maybe... But we also don't know if Jade came back from that and was killed again in this story... (that would just be too mean though right)
As far as not being playable in game plenty of living people won't be either... So being dead may have less effect..
I feel as if new people dying has more of a chance of getting them "noobed"..

Saint Op Omen

Wasn't Reiko the new Shao Kahn in one of his endings...
Could he end up with his hammer and be a major baddie... Especially if Google is going to be killed for a bit or just decided he didn't need the thing... Reiko is the best choice at this point to snatch that huh...

cyanide_skittle

Who am I? Jabberwocky Superfly
Yeah in that sense maybe... But we also don't know if Jade came back from that and was killed again in this story... (that would just be too mean though right)
My guess is she's going to be back in some form where Kitana is forced to put Jade down.

It's going to be pretty mean :eek:

Wasn't Reiko the new Shao Kahn in one of his endings...
Could he end up with his hammer and be a major baddie... Especially if Google is going to be killed for a bit or just decided he didn't need the thing... Reiko is the best choice at this point to snatch that huh...
i like this theory. its his mk 4 ending.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I thought i'd be mad but now knowing why, it doesn't really bother me as much.

Also, I have a prediction.

Kotal goes to confront Goro(who doesn't know anything about his blood magic) and demolished him. This obviously angers the Shokan who were working with Kotal and were oblivious to Goro's treachery. This causes the Shokan uprising and is why we see our Outworld heroes circled by an army of Shokan on that cover.

All according to Quan Chi Jr's plan.

Saint Op Omen

I'm not sure how I am going to feel if Goro is literally just added to MKX for gameplay and not be part of the story because he was killed off in the comics.
If he is not in the story but he references that he is back and such in his comments and feels like part of it that way... Im ok with it

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Something tells me Goro is gonna die. Then somewhere down the line show he isn't dead or was resurrected. I mean think about it. His tagline is Goro lives right? But there was no doubt he survived in MK9. So Goro lives might reference his possible death in the comics.

Saint Op Omen

Something tells me Goro is gonna die. Then somewhere down the line show he isn't dead or was resurrected. I mean think about it. His tagline is Goro lives right? But there was no doubt he survived in MK9. So Goro lives might reference his possible death in the comics.
His tag line is literal... He will transition into an extreme sports superstar and be the spokesman for a energy drink named "Armed"... Goro Lives... You can too... Drink Armed... :joker: