What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Why do you say that?... I do hope so... But everything I have seen says the opposite...
Because Kotal is sending only his father after Mileena and Reiko.
Most likely Goro gonna kill Kotals father and that lets Kotal go mad and uses the Blood magic.
Thats why he uses the Kamidogu to take out Goro.
It looks like his father is the "fallen ally" and "unimaginable loss" not Erron Black.​

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...

Because Kotal is sending only his father after Mileena and Reiko.
Most likely Goro gonna kill Kotals father and that lets Kotal go mad and uses the Blood magic.
Thats why he uses the Kamidogu to take out Goro.
It looks like his father is the "fallen ally" and "unimaginable loss" not Erron Black.​
ah I see.. Nice... I couldn't read any of that on my phone...
Save the cowboy ninja... save the world...
Or somthing...

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
ah I see.. Nice... I couldn't read any of that on my phone...
Save the cowboy ninja... save the world...
Or somthing...
yeah these new characters were made for a reason, i highly doubt any of them will get killed off so early, at least not in the comic.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
yeah these new characters were made for a reason, i highly doubt any of them will get killed off so early, at least not in the comic.
Maybe... I mean poor Fox never had the chance to live...
I figure they said a lot of people die in the comic and I don't think they would kill off any major people in it.. So creating people to be killed seems viable also...
None of it really means much in MK though anyway... They have a realm for that..

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
Maybe... I mean poor Fox never had the chance to live...
I figure they said a lot of people die in the comic and I don't think they would kill off any major people in it.. So creating people to be killed seems viable also...
None of it really means much in MK though anyway... They have a realm for that..
theres a realm for everything.......everything...

They make it seem like Mileena is just a pawn in Reiko's larger sceme to rule outworld.

Both in that pick and how they keep making a point to say what a shitty ruler Mileena was. "Outworld was in ruins" and so forth.

Also they keep bringing up Reiko's strategies every time they mention Mileena's rule period.

I always knew Mileena would be a crap queen but it almost seems like they are using her to build up Reiko as a major player.

It'd be weird if they use a legendary character like her to improve the standing of a historical jobber like Reiko.

They are vague of the time line in the comic but she's either 10, 15, 20, or 25.

I believe we are still se3ing a litttle of teenage Milleena. I'd bet as the franchise goes on she gets truly more cunning and wise with age.

Most teenage girls I know would be easy pickings to a guy who looks like Reiko, let alone one with a genuis intellect. She never really had a chance against his advances imo but that doesn't mean she cant turn the table on him.

She has popularity plot armor on her side lol. Stronger than any strategy.

trufenix

bye felicia
They are vague of the time line in the comic but she's either 10, 15, 20, or 25.
I think Kittelson confirmed the "current" stuff in the comics takes place 15 years after MK9. So, technically she's 16 in these pages. The "years ago" stuff (Takeda first being dropped off, Sub Zero getting stabbed) is significantly earlier though, which was probably when she was busy running her father's empire into the ground.

trufenix

bye felicia
They make it seem like Mileena is just a pawn in Reiko's larger sceme to rule outworld.

Both in that pick and how they keep making a point to say what a shitty ruler Mileena was. "Outworld was in ruins" and so forth.

Also they keep bringing up Reiko's strategies every time they mention Mileena's rule period.

I always knew Mileena would be a crap queen but it almost seems like they are using her to build up Reiko as a major player.

It'd be weird if they use a legendary character like her to improve the standing of a historical jobber like Reiko.
Well, Reiko's a shitty character game wise, but lore wise he's always been a survivor. He was a respected general in Shinnok's army, survived the first war with the elder gods and after a thousand years survived Shinnok's second defeat only to become a prominent member of Shao Kahn's army. Deception says he's always coveted the throne of Outworld too, so it makes a lot of sense that with Shao dead he's trying to step up.

Meanwhile, despite being incredibly popular, NRS has never ever written Mileena as anything other than an ruthless killer. She's been outsmarted or killed in about a hundred endings and no one has ever trusted or relied on her for anything for any reason. Even Baraka doesn't trust her.

Dark

Noob
Even more preview!! (spoilers)> http://insidemk.altervista.org/blog/mkx-comics-mortal-kombat-x-betrayal-outworld-digital-issue-7-online/

Here is a terrible google translate summary:
E 'online the seventh installment of the new series Digital Comics on Mortal Kombat X. This new chapter shows the beginning of the attack to the throne of Outworld ruled by Mileena by Kotal and his army.

◾Kotal Kahn enrolled as its first general father Kotal K'etz and instructed to kill Goro, but the warrior Osh Tekk is not worried by Mileena, but rather by Reiko, who arrived even to seduce Mileena while you are holding the throne of Outworld.

Goro ◾Reiko informs that in the past has uncovered the real weaknesses of Osh Tekk ... are very strong in the sunlight, but their weakness is in darkness

◾Kotal K'etz walks accompanied by Reptile in the temple where he hides Goro, managing to avoid the area cover created by the faithful servant of Mileena, Rain. Arrived at the temple begins the fight with the prince Shokan.

◾Lo battle begins between the various special moves and X-Ray. Meanwhile other troops sent from Kotal Kahn against Mileena are overwhelmed by the intervention of the Red Dragon clan headed by Mavado.

◾Goro manages to get the best and the news K'etz killing Kotal Kotal Kahn vows revenge against the prince Shokan.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper

well Reiko is being mentioned as a brilliant strategist... and in no game have I ever thought of Mileena as clever