What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
its Weird that f344~camera(a), ji2, f344~FBC, 34~shades kB, dash b2, F3, 121 shadow kick does 3% less damage than f344~fbc, 34~shades kB, dash b2, F3, 121~shadow kick.

That amped camera must really scale badly. 44% meterless is pretty legit though.

Just did a Brutality where Johnny wasn't holding the doll/figure instead doing some weird index finger thumb thing. Is this new? I should've clipped it.

heildan

NANI?!
I'm afraid show stopper is not for me.

The combos are awesome and all that, but you need to set up those where he does ~50%. Its kinda an useful variation now, but Johnny continues to be in the same ground he was before this patch.

I can end a round faster using shock jock, I really dig the corner potential it has and the nutpunch restand still is more useful tho.

I really wish they had his NP and Mime Time KB's requirements changed like they did do for someother characters in this patch. NRS even gave Cetrion a new KB, like she wasn't high tier enough, but poor Johnny got nothing.

Last edited:

Owerbart

I miss you
I'm afraid show stopper is not for me.

The combos are awesome and all that, but you need to set up those where he does ~50%. Its kinda an useful variation now, but Johnny continues to be in the same ground he was before this patch.

I can end a round much more faster using shock jock, I really dig the corner potential it has and the nutpunch restand still is more useful tho.

I really wish they changed his NP and Mime Time KB's requirement like they did for some characters in this patch. NRS even gave Cetrion a new KB, like she wasn't high tier enough, but poor Johnny didn't even got a damn thing.
I agree. Not saying that kombos aren't nice, but at the end of the day most kharacters can push that damage. The good thing is that now we're going to be FB cancelling a lot in low life because that's going to be the usual state of johnny against the whole cast: low on life because you are losing rounds.

I seriously can't believe that they expect johnny to somehow be "better" just because now he can pull some damage in a variation that is still jack shit. All the low tiers got a wall of text in buffs, and all we get is two laughable """""buffs""""" that do not solve a single issue. We still do not have mids, the krushing blow requirements are still ass, and the amateurish whiffing issues are still there. But hey! That 18frame starter now connects to say cheese! Reality check: not a single player gets hit by that string, is too fucking slow.

When I read the patch notes I was scrolling all the way to johnny. I saw only these two turds, and I automatically thought that the patch was a joke.

Sorry I really needed to vent all my frustrations because I really want to like NRS games, I really do. But this is the type of shit that makes me realize why I like Tekken and SF more. MK may have the best lore and aesthethics out there, but they are decades behind in gameplay design

/rant

D

Deleted member 35141

So why am I suppose to consider d1 and d3 jailing into s1 and 2 a buff when characters like erron black they have the same "buff" could lead to a Mix up.

It helps and I cant wait to see his full options when im able to lab tomorrow and I may be stubborn but johnny isnt johnny without nut punch.
My biggest issue is his KBs didnt get fixed the occasional 25 % to 30% non bnbs all other characters get would have been great.

Anyone know if his f43 still hops over people on block

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Okay, fuck it. I'm riding this Showstopper train now. After watching Killabyte's vid on advanced pressure with Scorpion, and seeing @DeftMonk mention using the MASSIVE plus frames off of F3 more in his gameplan, I found that we have an unbreakable +17 restand combo that's WAY better than anything Nut Punch could ever hope to offer. This is pretty damn huge, as it's now a guess between us staggering into another combo that they HAVE to block, or a grab.

EDIT: D1 JAILS PROPERLY INTO S1 AND S2 AGAINST FEMALES NOW.
What's the point of that video? Why isn't he blocking the f2? Nobody half braindead would actually get hit by that.
Also, the only thing I see is people excited that he has a 50% combo with 2KBs, but nobody actually mentions that the camera KB conditions are the same (WHIFF 3 IN A ROW).

It's this kind of attitude that made the incompetents in the balance team not fix his forceballs.

I set the ai (cassie) to crouch block and did f344 ex ball and it made her stand up on the 44 and jailed forceball. This is correct right? I only had like 2 min to test.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
What's the point of that video? Why isn't he blocking the f2? Nobody half braindead would actually get hit by that.
Also, the only thing I see is people excited that he has a 50% combo with 2KBs, but nobody actually mentions that the camera KB conditions are the same (WHIFF 3 IN A ROW).

It's this kind of attitude that made the incompetents in the balance team not fix his forceballs.
For fuck's sake, I get it. He still needs help. I never said he doesn't need help. I'm still annoyed that the shit didn't get fixed, but there's enough negativity in the thread already and I was just exploring options that may or may not be effective in the future and sharing it here, or should I not have done that? You really don't think a combo that leaves you +17 at point blank range is at least worth talking about? In that set up, damn near all of Johnny's button are guaranteed to jail, so yeah, they'd have to block, but then that makes them vulnerable to a throw. They can try and neutral duck if they read the throw, but then they'd get hit by the follow-up combo if they guessed wrong. It isn't game-breaking, it isn't busted, it might not even be that useful in the long run, but it's something

We already have multiple threads dedicated to Johnny's whiffing issues, and I even agreed with the thread you made with a list of buffs Johnny needs to finally be an actual threat, so for Christ's sake, can we tone back the 'all hope is lost' talk and either focus on the options we do have right now or change games/characters?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I like the Sunglasses KB buff, he's really got a lot freedom in his combos when he has FB active. But don't do Camera first, as said before, it scales badly. For consideration:

F344~FBC, F344~DD2 KB, F344 (353, meterless)

F344~BD3 Amp, JI2, F344~FBC, F344~DD2 KB, F344 (379, one bar - Camera first)

F344~FBC, F344~BD3 Amp, JI2, F344~DD2 KB, F344 (393, one bar - Camera second)

F344~FBC, F344~DD2 KB, F344~BD3 Amp, JI2, F334 (435, one bar - Camera last)

Now, for something similar to that combo a few posts ago that uses the Camera KB:

F344~FBC, F344~DD2 KB, F344~BD3 Amp, JI2, F334 (491, one bar)

You can also restand with the sunglasses so there's combo potential there and obviously if you go for a launcher you can get more damage at the end instead of going for restand pressure.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Ummm. Is this known?

Show stopper can do an unbreakable combo with FBC and still use the fatal blow at the end for 594 damage.

F344~FBC, 34~shades KB, f344~camera amped, ji2, F344~camera KB, ji2, F344~FB

Edit: if closer to a corner, you can get 2 FBCs in one combo into a relaunch.

F344~FBC, F344~shades KB, f344~camera(a), ji2, F344~camera KB, ji2, F4~FBC, b2, 2,2,2,2,2,2, 121~shadow Kick.

548 damage.

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
That's quite some damage scaling for all that resources and conditions. The top tiers get 50% easy.

So now just fix the damn fireball hitbox and we got ourselves a top 5 char.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
That's quite some damage scaling for all that resources and conditions. The top tiers get 50% easy.

So now just fix the damn fireball hitbox and we got ourselves a top 5 char.
I understand that, but the point is that it’s unbreakable. Is there another character that can do that? It means Johnny has a touch of death combo if they’re around 50% life left. It’s definitely something.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Are you really downplaying an almost 60% unbreakable combo? The only condition is that you have to have access to you fatal blow, this isn‘t super situational

Exactly. In fact this is possible every match. I played a few matches last night and was able to get the camera KB in all but one match. You basically sacrifice 4-5% damage off a bnb to whiff the camera with a combo like: F344, Camera(a), ji2, B2, s1, S4~camera. Or just whiff it full screen. I’ve found myself in that position several times. They aren’t hard to sneak in.

Then on the last round you just have to get them to 60% life which isn’t hard to do. If you don’t have FB, so what. Keep fighting and win or you’ll eventually be in FB territory. It’s a 100% viable way to close out a match.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Ummm. Is this known?

Show stopper can do an unbreakable combo with FBC and still use the fatal blow at the end for 594 damage.

F344~FBC, F344~shades KB, f344~camera(a), ji2, F344~camera KB, ji2, F4~FBC, b2, 2,2,2,2,2,2, 121~shadow Kick.

548 damage.
Oh, wait. When you found these combos, were Easy Krushing Blows turned off? I thought I found something similar, but I don't think it's possible to link an Amp'd Camera and the Camera KB in the same combo. The second Amp'd Camera just knocks them away with Easy KBs turned off.

heildan

NANI?!
Ummm. Is this known?

548 damage.
This kind of stuff makes me remember the good ol' days playing Stunt Double in MKX and landing a 70% x-ray damage combo

heildan

NANI?!
What do you guys think of show stopper besides the damage? Has anyone played ranked with it? I still don't like the camera restand that much as it lacks the linking possibilities that NP has, and he looks meh without FB cancel. Its almost like this variation is only viable at <40%, when the opp starts fearing about taking 40%+ dmg, but still, you're in your last breath anyways.