What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
The patch notes have like every character with 17 notes and johnny gets a KB on a shit variation fixed and better hit advantage.
The johnny upplayers fucked this character.
And mentions johnny hitbox and talks about 121 but not forceballs.

FUCK
The pro players have really been super vocal about how good Johnny supposedly is. Even Sylverrye argued he was top tier when commenting on Deoxys tier list. Honestly I think Deoxys is the only one who actually was really vocal about whiffing impacting him so much. I think this is a big thing. Many pros have been vocal about her (JADE) weaknesses all the while the only player repping Johnny has been of the opinion he's super strong. And generally whenever people talk about Johnny it's always the narrative that he's such a sleeper hit, he's underrated yadda yadda

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I JUST INSTALED THE PATCH THEY DID NOT FIX THE HITBOXES FORCEBALLS STILL WHIFF THE SAME ARE YOU IMBECILES NRS? fk this shit i'm out bye
ha..ha.. :')
So who else are you picking up, boys? I think I'm just gonna stick with Scarlet since they fixed her biggest issue (bad downpokes).

D

Deleted member 35141

Damn in not even sure what to say we still dont get to play half the game, does this make him bottom 1 now
Frost, shao, kotal, kitanna all got buffs

Owerbart

I miss you
congratulations to all the johnny up players in this forum. You succesfully killed this kharacter.

seriously every kharacter got a wall of text and Johnny got two useless buffs. I really tried to give NRS games another chance, but they didn't even fix the hitbox issues. Also some of the low tiers got huge buffs so i wouldn't be surprised if johnny drops to the absolute bottom of everyone's tier lists. Back to tekken I go. I don't feel like playing this game anymore.

And they whiff on Kollector a lot of the time. Baraka sometimes too but only when used by themselves. Also "Everyone hates Johnny Cage" -16bit.
wait a second.. Kabal's crouching hurtbox wasn't changed? But he was already a whiffing character.
This matchup is still going to be horrible.

Last edited:

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
I think I'll just stick to Baraka until force balls are fixed but at least we can now jail stand 1 after d1 & d3 on hit ‍♂

K03bIPb

Noob
Oh really. Why should I play as Johnny only against half of roster?
Could somebody check b34 and f4 connecting to camera? If not I’m done. Is there any new KB requirements?

Owerbart

I miss you
hopefully now you will understand that NRS as a studio is incapable of fiximg hitboxes, and so, the only solution all along was to make f3 a mid.

Ok so they nerfed Johnny's krushing blow? Was it too good? lol.

I dunno what 34 +4 hit advantage means in practice as I just used for combo filler/starter.

Oh really. Why should I play as Johnny only against half of roster?
Could somebody check b34 and f4 connecting to camera? If not I’m done. Is there any new KB requirements?
In particular match ups he is fun and worth the play. You do not have to force 1 character for all match ups.
If you play for fun you will be able to play with Johnny. For tournaments there are better chars for sure. :D

I play only for fun and no matter the level and invested time in practice into the game.

D

Deleted member 35141

Was preparing myself for this and started playing sub so Idk him and nightwolf will do.
If d1 does jail into highs thats great but thats a buff to all character's

heildan

NANI?!
This gotta be the worst way to support a game I've seen in a while. Seriously? No fixes? Nothing?

Johnny's still the same shit? Is that it? LoL. This bitch had none representation at EVO.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
congratulations to all the johnny up players in this forum. You succesfully killed this kharacter.

seriously every kharacter got a wall of text and Johnny got two useless buffs. I really tried to give NRS games another chance, but they didn't even fix the hitbox issues. Also some of the low tiers got huge buffs so i wouldn't be surprised if johnny drops to the absolute bottom of everyone's tier lists. Back to tekken I go. I don't feel like playing this game anymore.
Yeah it was the people in this forum that caused this! We explained that Cage actually went even in some matchups therefore he didn’t get buffs. That HAS to be it. Have fun playing Tekken.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

Yeah it was the people in this forum that caused this! We explained that Cage actually went even in some matchups therefore he didn’t get buffs. That HAS to be it. Have fun playing Tekken.