What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

heildan

NANI?!
Yeah. If the BNB does 5% less damage and you have to do it 3 times, you've already lost 15% potential damage against the opponent just to do what you should've already done again later, but this time in a cool combo, except maybe this time you are dying. In addition makes you susceptible to eat chip from afar from Cassies, Shangs and Cetrions alike or punish combos from Scorpions, Noobs, Kabals, Geras' or Subs. But in this game even a character like Kollector has a teleport. Hell, Liu Kang has tele on one of his variations, which were buffed.
I see it working maybe better against Jacqui because in her matchup we should keep her away and such, or idk, Kotal.

Sorry folks, I really don't get it.

heildan

NANI?!
by all means, keep playing this character that doesn't work that you hate so much
Nobody hates him, we hate the way NRS and people that doesn't play him treats him, people who says thing like he is fine, hella great, or he doesn't need buffs because he would be ""OP"", you know, but in fact he would be like half of the characters in this game already are.

The people who play Johnny are in need of therapy from all the mental work stress we do just to make him look good and not whiff a single thing during a match.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah. If the BNB does 5% less damage and you have to do it 3 times, you've already lost 15% potential damage against the opponent just to do what you should've already done again later, but this time in a cool combo, except maybe this time you are dying. In addition makes you susceptible to eat chip from afar from Cassies, Shangs and Cetrions alike or punish combos from Scorpions, Noobs, Kabals, Geras' or Subs. But in this game even a character like Kollector has a teleport. Hell, Liu Kang has tele on one of his variations, which were buffed.
I see it working maybe better against Jacqui because in her matchup we should keep her away and such, or idk, Kotal.

Sorry folks, I really don't get it.
You dont have to use camera in the combo, it's just an option. There's many projectiles you can neutral duck and then use camera. It's 27 frames, not 60.

I get the feeling that NRS wanted Cage to be a comeback kid kinda character. Being able to do 40-60% unbreakable is a legit threat end of game.

I am in NO WAY saying Cage is a good character now. I 100% believe we got robbed on this patch. I'm just trying to stay positive. I definitely feel where you're coming from.

heildan

NANI?!
You dont have to use camera in the combo, it's just an option. There's many projectiles you can neutral duck and then use camera. It's 27 frames, not 60.

I get the feeling that NRS wanted Cage to be a comeback kid kinda character. Being able to do 40-60% unbreakable is a legit threat end of game.

I am in NO WAY saying Cage is a good character now. I 100% believe we got robbed on this patch. I'm just trying to stay positive. I definitely feel where you're coming from.
Relax, I know you aren't saying he's good, you're just labbing and looking for things. You're a nice guy, I respect that.

But maaan, we gotta be realistic.
Johnny must be rocking that 50/50s sub and kabal have to not to have his frames adjusted.

34 has 4 additional frames of advantage? Dizzy said there are things that aren't in the patch notes but it was only b34 connecting into Camera.
Wow, gamebreaking stuff.

People at NRS should be more open about their reasons to buff/nerf a character. Do they listen only to Sonicfox?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Relax, I know you aren't saying he's good, you're just labbing and looking for things. You're a nice guy, I respect that.

But maaan, we gotta be realistic.
Johnny must be rocking that 50/50s sub and kabal have to not to have his frames adjusted.

34 has 4 additional frames of advantage? Dizzy said there are things that aren't in the patch notes but it was only b34 connecting into Camera.
Wow, gamebreaking stuff.

People at NRS should be more open about their reasons to buff/nerf a character. Do they listen only to Sonicfox?
Was that really what Dizzy was talking about? Oh man that's fucking depressing.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Cage Pro players on twitter (kompetitor, kombat) keep going on and on about how they talked to Dizzy, about what 16bit said, about bla bla bla bla, that DIZZY SAID TO RE_CHECK CAGE AS THEY MISSED SOMETHING.

So at this point it has become painfully clear that one of the following:

A) The PRO Cage mains actually didn't say anything to Dizzy or the NRS staff about forceballs, and the NRS staff has truly missed the fact that forceballs are BUGGED, BUGGED, not a feature but a FEATURE BUG and they do not hit on crouch block. And they literally missed all posts about it and they fixed every single hitbox issue except this.

B) Everyone knows about it. The pro players told Dizzy / NRS staff about it and got silenced. I can literally bet that they got instructed to not mention the fact that they INTENTIONALLY will not fix it because of whatever reasons that they're not allowed to talk about. Hasn't it seemed extremely painfully obvious that everyone is ACTIVELY AVOIDING TO ANSWER OR TOUCH THE FORCEBALL ISSUE????? They just keep dodging and talking about something else, posting combos, tech, whatever to just SHUT everyone up about the forceballs.

Since I clearly consider the people smarter than a braindead amoeba, option A is clearly off the table.

This means that option B is clearly the true one. Which means that I consider the patch notes a literal and intentional spit in the face from NRS.

I shall not invest any more money in this company just for the principle of the thing. I'm pretty sure nobody cares about my 4 bucks but I just feel better about myself doing this.

Also, I will literally post in 99% of my posts that forceballs don't work, until somebody gets it or just admits publicly that they don't give a fuck.

FORCEBALLS DO NOT WORK.

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Cage Pro players on twitter (kompetitor, kombat) keep going on and on about how they talked to Dizzy, about what 16bit said, about bla bla bla bla, that DIZZY SAID TO RE_CHECK CAGE AS THEY MISSED SOMETHING.

So at this point it has become painfully clear that one of the following:

A) The PRO Cage mains actually didn't say anything to Dizzy or the NRS staff about forceballs, and the NRS staff has truly missed the fact that forceballs are BUGGED, BUGGED, not a feature but a FEATURE BUG and they do not hit on crouch block. And they literally missed all posts about it and they fixed every single hitbox issue except this.

B) Everyone knows about it. The pro players told Dizzy / NRS staff about it and got silenced. I can literally bet that they got instructed to not mention the fact that they INTENTIONALLY will not fix it because of whatever reasons that they're not allowed to talk about. Hasn't it seemed extremely painfully obvious that everyone is ACTIVELY AVOIDING TO ANSWER OR TOUCH THE FORCEBALL ISSUE????? They just keep dodging and talking about something else, posting combos, tech, whatever to just SHUT everyone up about the forceballs.

Since I clearly consider the people smarter than a braindead amoeba, option A is clearly off the table.

This means that option B is clearly the true one. Which means that I consider the patch notes a literal and intentional spit in the face from NRS.

I shall not invest any more money in this company just for the principle of the thing. I'm pretty sure nobody cares about my 4 bucks but I just feel better about myself doing this.

Also, I will literally post in 99% of my posts that forceballs don't work, until somebody gets it or just admits publicly that they don't give a fuck.

FORCEBALLS DO NOT WORK.
Yeah, the idea that the forceballs whiffing is a deliberate design decision seriously irritates me. If true, then it's a lazy way to balance and disrespectful to Johnny players. And even if somehow this massive issue slipped under their radar, it's still inexcusable since we've been talking about this since Day 1

heildan

NANI?!
Sincerely, the people in here probably use this character a lot more than anyone at NRS. Can they listen to the community and not be on their high horses thinking their vision of a character are more worthy than its players experience? It's not like they would automaticaly implement anything without wondering about it or testing, but hey, take a moment and just LISTEN.

Nobody asked for unreasonable stuff like making f3 or f4 a braindead low frame mid advancing move or up his damage by a lot like nonsense newbie people would ask for, we just want a fix to the fucking whiffing and forceballs hitboxes issues so we can see if he need some serious buffs/nerfs. Maybe, MAYBE, change his KBs requirements. The hitbox alone would make everyone happy.

We didn't even know they could or would animate new KBs, yet they did, but for a fucking high tier character.

Sincerely, the people in here probably use this character a lot more than anyone at NRS. Can they listen to the community and not be on their high horses thinking their vision of a character are more worthy than its players experience? It's not like they would automaticaly implement anything without wondering about it or testing, but hey, take a moment and just LISTEN.

Nobody asked for unreasonable stuff like making f3 or f4 a braindead low frame mid advancing move or up his damage by a lot like nonsense newbie people would ask for, we just want a fix to the fucking whiffing and forceballs hitboxes issues so we can see if he need some serious buffs/nerfs. Maybe, MAYBE, change his KBs requirements. The hitbox alone would make everyone happy.

We didn't even know they could or would animate new KBs, yet they did, but for a fucking high tier character.
Maybe? No definitely change his KBs wtf. Character misses out on a new gameplay mechanic. It piss me off more because they changed his sunglasses kb and thought the rest was cool

heildan

NANI?!
Maybe? No definitely change his KBs wtf. Character misses out on a new gameplay mechanic. It piss me off more because they changed his sunglasses kb and thought the rest was cool
I've really said "maybe" because we're depending on their lazy will to do such thing.

Last edited:
I know we didn’t get the buffs and fixes we were looking for but I feel like we are really discounting some of the nerfs other characters got. How are people feeling about the actual matchups now?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I know we didn’t get the buffs and fixes we were looking for but I feel like we are really discounting some of the nerfs other characters got. How are people feeling about the actual matchups now?
Going to be tough to say until we get out there and get working. I can speak to one MU though. Geras....Cage definitely doesn't win that one anymore. It's likely a losing MU for Cage at this point.

Owerbart

I miss you
i don't think he has a single winning matchup now.

Owerbart

I miss you
also yeah the whiffing issues not being adressed just goes to show that they have no clue how to fix them. This is why people like Mike Ross and the rest of the FGC looks down on mortal kombat and NRS games.