What's new

MK 9 one year anniversary celebration thread

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I made tons of cool new friends from playing MK. Favorite moments? Not really sure. Tourneys? Phh, like I'm even decent enough to go to one. Characters I've mained? Quite a few. Glad I finally settled on 3. Too bad I haven't improved much since day 1

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
NEC, 3:AM, I do believe it was Hanks, Storms, Eazail and Cock onboard...

"Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?"
"I'll take a McChicken."
"I'm sorry, we don't have any food right now."
"...Excuse me?"

Oh, the trolls of the Philadelphia fast food district.

Also: Drinking away the sorrows of defeat at Winter Brawl, and waking up with no memory of the previous evening other than being visited by the Booze Fairy, and discovering I'd scattered my stuff around the hotel.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
My favorite moment of MK was actually turning the game on and going to practice mode.... Such an awesome experience. My top 5 characters I wanted to use was Kabal, Cage, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, and KL. VERY FIRST character I brought into practice mode was kabal.

McNasty

Moist.
Pig vs brady in the crowd at evo during the finals.

Finding out denzel lived in vegas by playing him at a local post evo.

Getting blown up at northwest majors 3 for underestimating the local talent.

Playing michaelangelo's kabal with block infinites at pdp in the side tourney.

Getting hype whenever, and wherever mk9 is being played in general.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
The many late nights I have spent playing this game with friends. In fact the very first night I got this game I went with CrimsonPanther to a midnight launch and we must have beat over half of the challenge tower before finally getting some rest. Good times.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
First meeting with the UK players back at SVB in England at August. Was really good to see that we had a good competition also outside Greece. That meant alot to us. We had really good time (conversations with UFG and Foxy were really interesting) and played countless matches. Really nice guys. Also SVB was hyyyyype. Getting 5th place was a really good feeling back then too. The countless matches i have played in Greece vs Hidan, Nivek, Cimmerian, Matter, Grannis, Stamatis etc etc. Oh the saltiness :p. Back at vanilla i was really salty with KL (as all i believe), the Cyrax command grab, the QC, Sindel and Kabal infinites, the Kano bs (haha), but we had a really good time though. Ermac reset ftw back at vanilla MK ! Good game and good memories overall, despite the bugs and stuff.

Truth

Noob
One of the funniest moments I had was trolling REO by telling him Tom Brady had his stolen bracelet that he lost at Season's Beatings; then the next moment on the Arizona stream Reo is calling Tom asking him "Dude where's my bracelet." Right away Tom starts laughing because it was the first time Reo got trolled in real life lol #Goodtimes

I have been a huge MK fan all my life and I'm mainly a PC gamer. Got a PS3 about a year ago, just so that I could play MK9. Although I'm still a noob with lots to learn ( I don't even know how to cancel into one move from another) I really do enjoy watching tournament streams all the way from South Africa. Kick ass website and community here at TYM and since watching the MLG Winter Championships, I really got hooked on MK and can't wait to watch more streams from the top players !

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
A year ago today, when I stumbled across the GameStop SF store running their release tournament as I was getting off a late night of work. My brother convinced me to enter, and I scrubbed my way to winning a custom MK9 arcade machine.

Good times.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
A year ago today, when I stumbled across the GameStop SF store running their release tournament as I was getting off a late night of work. My brother convinced me to enter, and I scrubbed my way to winning a custom MK9 arcade machine.

Good times.
That, sir, is boss.

And I'll go with buying the game, haha. I don't know how many subsequent hours of my life have been lost as a result. It really all started in 1992, though.

EDIT #4 (should have collected my thoughts first): Seeing a Mortal Kombat game at a large scale tournament alongside its Capcom counterparts for the first time. Mortal Kombat at EVO? GTFO! I've been sporting a massive bro-ner ever since.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
On this day a year ago I was at my friends house with my Tron controller playing the pirated version of the game because my copy wouldn't be at my house (it was the tournament edition).

I went from going F3,3,b3 with Cage to just F3...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
been good times since day 1 really

getting in the offline scene was pretty awesome
finding tym was great
the patch were baraka got his buffs was happy days
really like the people ive met through playing the game also

one my fav match moments would be from last years evo when reo took on alt reed and took the game with a clutch xray combo...then kang took a sai to the chops because reed thought he was dead, well good stuff

@5:14

Hypest moments for me were the most hypest d1 in the history of fighting games at summerjam (cdjr vs. Cd), PDP li joe jumping off the stage after beating pl (afterward he threw his hat and it made a "shring!" noise because kung lao did the same thing), tom brady's awe inspiring sub, tyrants jax, PL's comeback at evo that if he would have lost he would have been eliminated all together, REO getting donations to go to evo and making 2nd and mlg taking notice of mk9, ed boons eyebrows, cd jr winning with rain, and who can forget.....

great tournament, great experience