What's new

MK 9 one year anniversary celebration thread

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Meeting Swift tom hanks and AC1984 for the first time. Life has literally been different ever since lol. Also hanging out with Maxter for the first time. and MLG was some of the most fun i've had in a long time.

cedenike

lethargic member
i've been an mk fan for years but before mk9 came out i had no idea there was an mk kommunity. my little journey was deadmau5->machinima->behrudy->evo stream. favourite moment is the commentators at evo pointing some guy in his kung lao hat, having lots of kung lao love after playing shaolin monks, great things happened with that hat that day. although i hardly get to see him play, perfect legend is still my favourite.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
seeing the cyrax/sektor mk3 skins as free dlc made me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

but mainly i gotta be sappy and go with all the great people/friends ive made :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
PowerUp 2011. First MK9 major. Oh man, was that fun! :) It would be the last time I'd be capable of babying Riu48. :p

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
5. Tie: The entirety of NEC, and Tom Brady calling out Noobe to open the tournament.
4. Impact Clash GF/the pain in my soul when Pig Of The Hut got eliminated. That show made me an ATL believer.
3. The show that made me want to compete: Mustard-LK4D4 going Bob Backlund clean-cut Cyrax on SvB and taking it all.
2. CD jr VS Crazy Dominican at Summer Jam. The fucking hype in that match was palpable.
1. Battling Drunken Oni Akuma Maxter at 4AM the night before NEC Top 8 and remembering I played a mean Sub-Zero.

There's dozens upon dozens of choices, but these are the big winners.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
For me it has to be watching the EVO grand finals....I had the game before then, but after witnessing MK on that stage I decided to take it a little more seriously.

Watching over 16bit's shoulder as he got BODIED by slips in the grand finals at Chicago heart. They had an amazing winners finals then slips took 6 straight in the grand finals if I remember right.

The look on 16bit's face was amazing! No disrespect I just thought it was amazing cause I had never heard of slips, and he looked like some kids dad holding a WWE controller...epic moment.

Oh yeah, and tying the likes of thtb, swifttomhanks, j360 etc. At mlg for 17th place.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Before Mk9. I did not know what a stream was lol. I can remember coming home from a 10hr night shift at 7 a.m., staying up till 9.a.m. just to get my Kollectors edition. Best MK ever... Oh my favourite moment was when GGA Jeremiah beat Cat at Final Round.

Theme

Noob
Sigh.... The moment I successfully got down Kung Lao's Spin, jump kick, dive kick, into roll. (The roll was hard for me to do at the time LOL). Also when I pulled off Cyrax's reset.....

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
You really have to say the best feeling was being at midnight release playing the game at gamestop and getting home and playing messing with all the characters priceless.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
BTW we are going to be discussing this with the guests on the first Woolay show this week. Curios to hear CD jr, REo and the special guests responses.

Albo

Noob
Favourite moments, there's just been too many to remember and mention.

Pretty much every tourneys had it moments and some good quality play but my favourites have to be EVO, Final Round and MLG and each of those represented how far the competitive mk community has come. It's been amazing to see how people have gradually leveled up from the first few months to now.

I'm just glad mk's back better than ever in all our lives lol to serve our competitive urges for the franchise we all love. As tom brady said recently, long live mortal kombat!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Don't forget about your whining about O.Kano and how you made videos beating up on noobs online to prove to NRS that Kano needs to be nerfed.
I made that video because that guy was trying to troll me in the MKU shoutbox, then we got paired up first round in Pig's online tournament.

That was actually post nerf Kano LOLOLOL

And technically it wasn't O.Kano because it was the 2nd iteration of MK9 Kano.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Favorite moment - Making it to my first top 8 (even though it was a 20 person tournament), and about 30 minutes later making it to my first grand finals. I remember turning to Death and going "HOW THE FUCK AM I STILL WINNING???" Feels good though lol.

Also, NEC top 8 was an amazing thing to witness. The first time CDjr showed a sense of mortality.

I just remember a year ago when I was still watching all these videos of MK9... I didn't want to pick it up till summer because I didn't want to distract myself from finals. And I didn't know anything about fighting games then except how to button mash well. Big shoutouts to Error Macro from Pittsburgh for teaching me fg fundamentals... otherwise I'd be even more of a scrub than I already am.

And definitely made a few friends over the past year... Pherleece, Pig of the Hut, Rapzilla, Insuperable, Robotic Columbus, Claude VonStroke, Death, Scoot Magee, 9.95 Phil... the list goes on.