What's new

MK 2011 Kollectors & Tournament Edition Box Art and Fightstick!

Tim Static

Adminerator
hey all these seemed like the best place to ask. does anyone know how well japanese style fight sticks work with 2d MK games? i got a madkatz TE and would like to use it for MK.
cheers! :fight:
any stick with enough buttons on it for a PS3 or 360 should work for MK9. However, MK has its own layout for a reason. ;)

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
il deff have to try different layouts. maybe something a bit similar the neo-geo and blazblue arcade. how do your fingers usually rest on an mk arcade setup?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
European Kollector's Edition Leaks (via TRMK)

While North America is basking in the glow of their Scorpion and Sub-Zero bookends, the European market (EMEA) sits in jealousy awaiting their market's plans for special editions of Mortal Kombat (2011). It appears that the details of a Kollectors Edition - titled the "Fire Edition" - have been leaked on South African retailer Take 2's website. The crown jewel of this edition is a statue featuring Sub-Zero being speared by Scorpion.

Included in the EMEA Kollectors Edition is as follows:

• The Game
  • A Figurine
  • An exclusive SteelBook™
  • A collectible Art book
  • DLCs including an exclusive Mortal Kombat classic costume skin and avatar costumes.
No word yet on a Tournament Edition featuring an authentic arcade stick, but as soon as an official announcement from Warner Bros. is made, those details will available.

taken from: www.trmk.org

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So WB confirmed this isn't true now for the Europeans? That sucks for them.

I hope the one we get is that sick!

ZennLa3

S H A M A N
hey all these seemed like the best place to ask. does anyone know how well japanese style fight sticks work with 2d MK games? i got a madkatz TE and would like to use it for MK.
cheers! :fight:

You should have no problems at all. It would only be an issue for some one who has a lot of experiance playing Mortal Kombat with the traditional layout. I will be using my Mad Catz TE.

MKF30

Nice, it seems NS and WB are trying to give UK something extra or compensate for them not getting what we get and vice versa! That's neat! Nice, classic Kitana outfit!

MKF30

I heard from an article and more importantly user Louie Moo that the sticks feel great, high quality! So can't wait for them, American ftw! :)

Still love that arcade set up they have there!

DrDogg

Noob
Wow... well, there's your casual review. I'll wait for a review that compares the responsiveness to sanwa/seimitsu parts.

Wow... well, there's your casual review. I'll wait for a review that compares the responsiveness to sanwa/seimitsu parts.
How can you possibly not know the difference between how a Happ feels and how a Sanwa feels at this point?

I wouldn't even expect an depth review from an experienced fighting game player to go over something like that.

It would be like me reviewing a hockey stick and telling you how it feels compared to a baseball bat.

DrDogg

Noob
How can you possibly not know the difference between how a Happ feels and how a Sanwa feels at this point?

I wouldn't even expect an depth review from an experienced fighting game player to go over something like that.

It would be like me reviewing a hockey stick and telling you how it feels compared to a baseball bat.
When did I say that I didn't know the difference? I'd just like to see that review instead of a super casual review like the IGN one.

However, to answer your question, I think there are a large number of potential MK9 players who do not know the difference between HAPP and Sanwa parts, square gate or P360, etc. Just like there are a lot of people who don't know the difference between sanwa and seimitsu parts.

MKF30

I'm not a big fan of IGN but I did like that they said it feels oldschool MK ish as did everyone on here who went to PAX, I personally could not care less if it's like Japanese parts since HAPP is american and known for solid MK sticks in the past on the good old arcade ;) I love my concave buttons. Just so used to it for MK games if I'm playing on a stick.

I honestly found the read more interesting then the video.

MKF30

Big update, FIRST in depth look at PDP Netherrealm Studios Fight stick! from PDP! Worth the watch for you stick buffs.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
i am buying a fightstick soon and wanted help from you guys whick one should i buy

Street Fighter X Tekken TE fightstick Vs Street Fighter IV Round 2 TE fightstick

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem....idCategory=415

OR
http://kotaku.com/5427263/mad-catz-s...y-150-fireball

PLS HELP?!
I just ordered an Eightarc today, those sticks look so sleek and they are sturdy from what i hear.
http://eightarc.com/ps3-pearl

But if i were to pick from those two sticks i might go with the SFxT one.