What's new

MK 2011 Kollectors & Tournament Edition Box Art and Fightstick!

SZSR

Noob
Cool, anyone gonna opine on the fight stick? It looks cool to me, especially since the fight stick is angled.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The fightstick screams AIAB.... :)

It better not be wireless... is that a charge cable or to wire to plug t in?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh my god....

Speachless... Is this a, "Sorry for adding Kratos?" thing?

Why does it seem like one week they have "Fan-Boy" updates, the next its for tournament players. And the cycle moves on...

Dark_Rob

Noob
What the??? Is this some kind of hoax? First, I notice Storms calls this a TE stick. Which to me suggests Madcatz. But Phil and I spoke to Markman at NEC and he told us they are not making a Mortal Kombat T.E. Has this changed? Did Markman lie to Phil and I? Is this Stick by Madcatz?

2nd. This stick appears to just be the normal UMK3 layout. But we already more or less know MK9 will use more than this. Im confused.

I think Tournament Edition is actually what they're calling that preorder set. not saying the stick is a madcats TE (as I thought at first too)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
What the??? Is this some kind of hoax? First, I notice Storms calls this a TE stick. Which to me suggests Madcatz. But Phil and I spoke to Markman at NEC and he told us they are not making a Mortal Kombat T.E. Has this changed? Did Markman lie to Phil and I? Is this Stick by Madcatz?

2nd. This stick appears to just be the normal UMK3 layout. But we already more or less know MK9 will use more than this. Im confused.
Like what?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I think Tournament Edition is actually what they're calling that preorder set. not saying the stick is a madcats TE (as I thought at first too)
Ok so if its not by Madcatz then who is making it? Has anyone confirmed whether these are HAPP sticks and buttons? Or just knock offs like the Street fighter anniversary stick from a few years back?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I want. The stick. Everyone here better be ordering Mortal Kombat TE.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ok so if its not by Madcatz then who is making it? Has anyone confirmed whether these are HAPP sticks and buttons? Or just knock offs like the Street fighter anniversary stick from a few years back?
Mark told me earlier this year Mad Catz presented NR with ideas, etc, but nothing they wanted. I am pretty sure these sticks are done by the company who did the SF Anniversary Edition sticks several years back.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Mark told me earlier this year Mad Catz presented NR with ideas, etc, but nothing they wanted. I am pretty sure these sticks are done by the company who did the SF Anniversary Edition sticks several years back.
So its gonna be junk I assume then? The box looks nice. Even if the parts are crap they could be swapped out i suppose. What Im really confused on is the layout. Tags,X-rays,throws,block, basic attacks. How are they making due with only a 6 button UMK3 layout?

Tim Static

Adminerator
So its gonna be junk I assume then? The box looks nice. Even if the parts are crap they could be swapped out i suppose. What Im really confused on is the layout. Tags,X-rays,throws,block, basic attacks. How are they making due with only a 6 button UMK3 layout?
Those SF AE sticks werent very bad at all.

Now this stick just depends on the parts they use. if its say, SF4 SE stick parts, then you'll want to add better parts to it. (IL + convex/concave)

but i am glad to know that my AIAB stick will work with this, or so it seems (same with all the other MK AIAB owners :D)

Dark_Rob

Noob
Those SF AE sticks werent very bad at all.

Now this stick just depends on the parts they use. if its say, SF4 SE stick parts, then you'll want to add better parts to it. (IL + convex/concave)

but i am glad to know that my AIAB stick will work with this, or so it seems (same with all the other MK AIAB owners :D)
I wish we could see an extreme closeup of the stick. Id love to see what those buttons are labelled as.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Nice find guys, Kollectors edition will be mine!!!! :) The stick looks awesome, but what I don't like is the space between the stick and the buttons.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Looks like I'll be making even better friends with the cab... :)

Gotta get used to the stick and layout..

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm horrible on sticks and refuse to learn lol. I'll stick to the pad. I'm undecided on whether or not to get the standard or Kollectors.

I'm leaning more towards the standard edition and then I can just download the DLC for Reptile, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero. Still I want the fucking Figurines and the art book....

Depends on what happens the next couple of months because shit always starts to pile up, and I end up having to use the money for more important stuff. Here's hoping I can get the Kollectors. If not the it's whatever. I'll live lol. I'll just steal the figurines from a friend and secretly have sex with them ;)

Btw here's the list of the exclusives for those of you that haven't read them yet.

Warner Bros. issued this press release today concerning Mortal Kombat (2011):
MORTAL KOMBAT WILL ENTER THE RETAIL ARENA WITH STANDARD AND SPECIAL EDITIONS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

Special Extended Kratos Debut Trailer Now Available for Download

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today releases a special extended trailer for the award-winning and iconic fighting game Mortal Kombat, featuring the playable warrior Kratos—from the renowned God of War® series—exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system.

Launching in April 2011 and developed by NetheЯRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat is available for pre-order now on both the PS3 and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game will be available to consumers in three editions—Standard Edition, Kollector’s Edition and Tournament Edition.

Details of three different editions of Mortal Kombat:
The Standard Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game.
The Kollector’s Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines, a collectible art book, downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes.
The Tournament Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, a portable fight stick, and downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes. The number of tournament editions is very limited with only 20,000 copies available in North America.

Players will be able to pre-order any of the above at North American retailers as of today. Specific pre-order programs include:
Gamestop: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Gamestop will get exclusive access to the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin and the original Scorpion Fatality.
Best Buy: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Best Buy will get exclusive access to the Klassic Sub-Zero Playable Character Skin and the original Sub-Zero Fatality.
Amazon: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat on Amazon.com will get exclusive access to the Klassic Reptile Playable Character Skin and the original Reptile Fatality.

Mortal Kombat will feature Kratos as a playable character, as well as be in Stereoscopic 3-D exclusively in the PS3 version. The brutal warrior from the acclaimed God of War franchise will have his own customized move set, fatality, and fighting arena, available to all original purchasers when Mortal Kombat hits stores.

The newest chapter of the iconic fighting franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2-D fighting mechanic. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team and a deeper story mode. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s renowned warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches or take on several new game modes.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
for the fight stick users out there. MK_MortalKombat just confirmed via tweet that the fight sticks are HAPP