What's new

MK 2011 Kollectors & Tournament Edition Box Art and Fightstick!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So does it say you can only get these "TE" sticks if you pre-order? I seriously doubt it, but you never know.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
So its gonna be junk I assume then? The box looks nice. Even if the parts are crap they could be swapped out i suppose. What Im really confused on is the layout. Tags,X-rays,throws,block, basic attacks. How are they making due with only a 6 button UMK3 layout?
Block works just the same. Throws even on a pad you were able to perform with two buttons. And X-Rays im sure wont be all so complicated either.

I think it makes sense. And the run button on the stick can be a hint at, "MKHD" I hope...

Actually, I bet you will be able to use the run button as an X-Ray input. Not saying that you only press that button, but a combination of buttons that include it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
ooo im buying those sticks :D so i just want to make sure i have this right, if i want to get scorpions old costume and in game toasty fatal with these sticks ill have to buy it from Gamestop? preorder?

thats pretty cool, but last time i checked, there was no run button in MK9.

i think ill stick with a pad. its nice to know they are doing this though trying to get more people into the game who dont use pads. good shit, NetherRealm.

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Hey hey, KE for me. good shit, can't wait. Already pre-ordered MK9 literally months ago, now I just have to go to GameStop & upgrade. STORMS, check your messages

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
thats pretty cool, but last time i checked, there was no run button in MK9.
The old run button is the tag button. Its being made to be compatible with old and future MK games.

via Paulo Garcia

Dark_Rob

Noob
The old run button is the tag button. Its being made to be compatible with old and future MK games.

via Paulo Garcia
I really hope they make the button mapping configurable. And none of this it changes player 2's buttons as well bs.

ssub-zzero

MortalKombatEU
what i wanna know is, hows the price 4 the editions.... :grave:

man, more to collect i get silly.:facepalm:

Noob
If the TE is $199 or $149, regardless, at that price, you can't get any stick + game for a better price... great time to scoop up a stick then.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

via Paulo Garcia
I KNEW IT!!! I was just about to say how much you want to bet the Run will be the tag or X-ray attack....

At any rate, hard to bash this stick. It's something the MK team has never done before and really a treat for those "stick" guys, hell I'm not even a stick guy and I have interest in it...kind of hard not to be pleased nor excited about these editions and MK9 at this point or there is no hope for you lol.

Nice, so who knows maybe we'll see another future MK game with a run button or perhaps the MKHD remakes...

Now time to save, lol I'm getting some extra cash for Christmas and the game comes out around my B-day so hehehe I'm getting both tournament and kollectors.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Since my time at NEC...I've grown to love HAPP for MK games (though I love square gates regardless). Very awesome that the MK9 sticks will be HAPP.

Also, run button = tag button? I'm curious as to stuff like throws will be. Maybe FP+BP?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder if they'll keep the option to use HP and LP as throw like MKDC I mean, front punch and rear punch now...that was actually convienent(a lot easier then left or right bumper IMO anyway lol. The face buttons are right there you know? And wonder what will be throw escape commands.