What's new

General/Other - Metallic Metallic Variation Discussion Thread

Rafiki

Noob
Hey guys, here are my combos for metallic tremor:

*lava* jip, 21D4 DB2D, B2 BF4, B12 DB1 33% and leaves them close for dash up pressure

You can also start with B32 DB2D instead 21D4, the combo works the same

you can also end with B121 EX DD4 for 45%

If you EX the DB2D the entire combo does 49% for 2 bars

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What does OS mean in this context?
Option Select. In most fighters there is a way to get the game to "choose" what to do in certain situations based on your inputs. In SF4 there is "crouch tech", you can crouch and input throw but the animation for throw only comes out standing. So instead you get a crouching light kick. But since you still inputted throw, you will still tech a throw if grabbed.

In MK the option select is to input extra directions and sometimes buttons after a special move input. This causes the game to cancel out certain inputs in certain situations. It allows some characters to go with their safest options on hit/block. Effectively removing some of the risk with doing unsafe moves.

This Option Select, or OS, is still in effect even when you do moves such as "db2d". The last "down" part is effectively making the game "forget" the special input. So you have to wait a second for the move to actually come out then hold down and you will still get the altered version of the move. It takes some getting used to but when you figure out the timing you just have to remember it while playing.

ando1184

Noob
In gold mode: is it just me, or does his regular db1 travel faster than the MB db1? Also it looks like MB db1u goes slightly higher. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
In gold mode: is it just me, or does his regular db1 travel faster than the MB db1? Also it looks like MB db1u goes slightly higher. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
You're right, they all behave differently mb'd. I think the up and the mid travel slower and the low travels faster than the original. Not sure about the up one, maybe it just seems slower. The mid one definitely travels a lot slower though when you mb it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Up and mid definitely travel slower. If you do EXdb1 then do db1 ASAP. Then do db1 and do db1 ASAP. You'll see that the EXdb1 projectile takes longer to hit than the regular db1. It's cool plus you get armor so you could do some pressure things on wakeup or just have the opponent wakeup into a gold ball.

Here is all of the corrected frame data for Metallic. The differences between Gold and Lava are highlighted in yellow.

S B H = Startup, Block Adv, Hit Adv
KD = Regular knockdown
L = Launcher
SKD = Sliding Knockdown
RKD = Rolling Knockdown
GB = Ground Bounce

holy crap his frames are WAY off in game......

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
So I'm trying to find the highest dmg restand and leave the opponent close enough for a b1, b32, or f21 without a dash or run cancel to get the most frame advantage. I got 21d4 db2d, b2 bf4, db1 for 28% or end with b2 db2u for 27% and timing is easier. Anyone try this to keep opponent close for a better advantage? I'm having issues testing it.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Reptile and KL tempest can armor thru it. Can someone answer if it matters to re-stand an opponent as close as possible or go for the 5% more dmg and re-stand them within dash/run cancel range?

Last edited:

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Here's a cool gimmick. End a mid screen combo with f121 bf4 and they have to block low ball on wake up or guaranteed hit works on all cast except heavies like Jason, goro, ft

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Been there, done that. Lava juggles for another free combo but doesn't work unless you end the combo at least half a screen away.

If you try it in the lab with default behavior you will miss some boulders under certain conditions.

The rock rain move is better for that purpose unless the opponent is very predictable and you are in lava form for the launch.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Tech time!

In lava stance, you can do B1D4U4 or 21D4U4 into BF4 to stuff a neutral wakeup (so when the opponent doesn't do a wakeup attack, tech roll or delayed wakeup). What this means is that when they do a neutral wakeup, they will have to block low. Otherwise, they'll get launched for a full combo that you could end in a restand.

But if they do that they'll have to hold down and you can force a delayed wakeup. If they do a tech roll they will either have to block the BF4 or jump over it. You could run in and see whether they blocked or jumped and react accordingly.

You'd hit 21D4U4 as a punish most likely to get some pressure going, or you could do 21D4U4 and confirm whether it hits or not. If it does, you can do a BF4. If it doesn't, you should be relatively safe.

I haven't experimented with this too much yet, so I don't know any truly optimal situations. What I've said here is purely theoretical. Still, this should allow Tremor to control the opponent's wakeup game rather alright. Do you guys think there are any good applications for this?