What's new

General/Other - Metallic Metallic Variation Discussion Thread

Blade4693

VIVIVI
What is the real difference between Gold and Lava stance? I didn't get to tune in to the kombat kast and it doesn't say anything about it in the move list. I know the db1(or was it df1?) attacks are a little different (Gold travels full screen while lava is like a burst) but what other differences are there?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
this might have already been said but Lava activated

b32 db2u njp b2 bf4 f12 bd3 33% restand no meter ( 35% with jip)

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
I need a guide.Tremor is not easy to learn like the other dlc. Whats his best punishing normals? I went online for the hell of it and got bodied by scrubs.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
NICE!!
unblockable frame trap, unblockable frame trap, feels good even just saying it haha
Unblockable frame trap,
Never stopping from saying that,
When you think he's outta options and his problems a straight fact
His Meter gets the topping then he Rock Bottoms the game back.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!

Haven't seen much but here is a mid combo stance change. Trying to figure out a way to do the restand instead of db3 to end the first part but it seems to work well

Last edited:

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main

Haven't seen much but here is a mid combo stance change. Trying to figure out a way to do the restand instead of db3 to end the first part but it seems to work well
Your video doesn't seem to be working. Mid-combo stance switches are pretty handy for when you're in Gold (as it's absolutely useless, imo).
Does yours start with an NJP, too? Haven't had any luck connecting with anything else..

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm really starting to enjoy using Tremor's lava stance but please NRS, make b32~bf4 link properly and not at random =[

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I'm really starting to enjoy using Tremor's lava stance but please NRS, make b32~bf4 link properly and not at random =[
Pretty sure it's intended because of range and lava saw traveling speed, not random. You can connect with Lava Hammer everytime

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pretty sure it's intended because of range and lava saw traveling speed, not random. You can connect with Lava Hammer everytime
The range difference for it to link or not is so small it doesn't make sense for it to be intentional. If I had the means right now to do a video on it I would but unless you're right up against the opponent then it doesn't link consistently. Even of JIP, b32~bf4 it doesn't link and only in lava stance (yeah I know the traveling speed is slower compared to gold and other variations)

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
I love this variation, gold skin helps at range and lava helps in melee, what's not to like?

Just a little question, am I doing something wrong or is the timing for db2 u/d a little tight? I'm having trouble pulling it off because if I input the whole sequence at once the attack won't even come out, but if I wait until the attack has started to press u/d the attack usually works but sometimes u/d don't register, so I punch the other guy across the screen when I want to juggle them.

Any tips?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
After playing a lot of metallic I only ever use gold stance, just not seeing much reason to use lava, the restand is cute and all and good in the corner but gold gives me just about everything I need.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
New Tech I just found unblockable frame trap.

After an MB up gold projectile you have enough frames to do a guarenteed earthshake.

Good tool for when opponents respecting rolling bolder.

At full distance you can combo db1u with dd4 with or without using meter on any of both specials
Also in lava ive noticed that f12-df4 works as combo 100% times

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I love this variation, gold skin helps at range and lava helps in melee, what's not to like?

Just a little question, am I doing something wrong or is the timing for db2 u/d a little tight? I'm having trouble pulling it off because if I input the whole sequence at once the attack won't even come out, but if I wait until the attack has started to press u/d the attack usually works but sometimes u/d don't register, so I punch the other guy across the screen when I want to juggle them.

Any tips?
I think what your problem is the OS in this game. If you input the "d" part of "db4d" to get the overhead, you have to wait a little for the move to start then do it. Otherwise the OS kicks in and you get no special cancel.