What's new

General/Other - Metallic Metallic Variation Discussion Thread

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
does that give you enough advantage to get an unblockable after?
i actaully didnt get to try any unblockable set ups yet.. i didnt have much time on today , actually i only got on to test a stick i just built and then tremor was ready to Download, lol.. i got lucky.. i was even playing with my home button, start, and back button hanging out of my stick, lol.

i didnt even really look at much frame data either.. but i think someone else pointed out that whenever you end in 212 you can go into the unblockable guaranteed. So if the restand didnt have enough advantage, you have that 212 option to cash out more damage... once i get home tomorrow im going start trying to go in deeper or maybe someone can take this and run with it ...im sure by tomorrow we will have even more crazy stuff.

I will main this for sure - don't think I will be able to try him out today though:( I love the overhead stuff from the sky, looks like I will be able to do Shang's mk9 UpSkull set ups but with mix ups on top))))

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Seems to me like gold skin is the way to go until you get to the corner where you can really take advantage of the restand (I don't think it gives you much midscreen) and the low fire wheel will actually combo

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Seems to me like gold skin is the way to go until you get to the corner where you can really take advantage of the restand (I don't think it gives you much midscreen) and the low fire wheel will actually combo

i havent played since last night but i think the mid screen restand mixups can be there...this is just me thinking while im at work but you MIGHT have the possibility from the restand to have unblockable set ups or another lava shower (over head) mix-up - also after restand, you could prob bait and cover yourself with the lava shower ( EX or not) - this is really all in theory though and me just thinking about stuff while im at work.

i should have taken frame data pictures before i left for work today to look over.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
i havent played since last night but i think the mid screen restand mixups can be there...this is just me thinking while im at work but you MIGHT have the possibility from the restand to have unblockable set ups or another lava shower (over head) mix-up - also after restand, you could prob bait and cover yourself with the lava shower ( EX or not) - this is really all in theory though and me just thinking about stuff while im at work.

i should have taken frame data pictures before i left for work today to look over.
I haven't played since last night either and I only did practice and the tower and lost 8-1 against a friends shinnok. I don't think you have enough time for the unblockable (the move is no Tanya shroud) it feels a lot like Cryo subs restand mid screen in that you're basically neutral maybe a little plus. I think his projectiles in gold are much more valuable than the restand is until you get to the corner. On a personal note it feels much easier for me to combo into a hard knockdown for the free otg in gold than in lava. Like I said didn't play much and I don't know the frames just going by how it felt.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I haven't played since last night either and I only did practice and the tower and lost 8-1 against a friends shinnok. I don't think you have enough time for the unblockable (the move is no Tanya shroud) it feels a lot like Cryo subs restand mid screen in that you're basically neutral maybe a little plus. I think his projectiles in gold are much more valuable than the restand is until you get to the corner. On a personal note it feels much easier for me to combo into a hard knockdown for the free otg in gold than in lava. Like I said didn't play much and I don't know the frames just going by how it felt.

interesting... i activated lava from the get go cause of the launching low disk...today im really gonna try to explore both stances in this varation.. im glad gold seems good. i was wondering why they would start you off in this stance when most seem to go lava asap... wish there was a way to hold a button down to start the match in which form you prefer.. that could have a big effect of the meta game..

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Am I wrong or DB1 gets a restand in all variations?
And please someone tell me the advantages of gold skin, thanks
I don't know about all of gold's moves but the arcing spiked projectile staggers long enough for you to run in and combo from a certain distance. I would check the frames/damage of the moves if I were you. There might be another property people haven't figured out yet. I hope the Kombat Kast shows off something for gold. I'm on PC so all I can do is spectate and speculate.

Basic Metallic Lava Skin meterless combos 33% (35% with jip)

21D4~DB2U, NJP, B2~BF4, 12~DB2.....exDD4. This is a hard knockdown combo so if you want to you can burn meter on the ground pulse for a guaranteed OTG for 13%
Overhead variant: 21D4~DB2D, B2~DB2U, NJP, 21~DB2....exDD4.

You can also change up the opener to any thing, like B32, and also you can finish these combos with DB1 for the standing reset.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
In this variation, with lava skin the DB2U or D goes much higher and vertical than in other variations, so the following NJP is guaranteed for the combo.
Nice

gibster13

A fan of fans
METALLIC ZONING

I have found that zoning in this variation is very possible but not how you would expect. This is not the 100% best way to zone with him I mean it is only day 1. These are all in gold stance

I think that his straight projectile bf2 is pathetic. It is far too slow on start up.

His main event for zoning is I feel the db3, dd4(ex) and bf4. Db3 is +11 on block and tracks. It is also an overhead and very very good to stop movement. Mix this in with bf4 and if used correctly this should always hit which grants a free exdd4 for 13%.

His db1 changed and they become projectiles. Db1 is now a mid his db1d is a fast low and his db1u is a slow arcing mid witch catches purple out the sky. If you catch them you can exdd4. His zoning is strange but okay

NEW
His up fireball or db1u stops movement and is very good. On block it is a frame trap and you get a free dd4

Last edited:

CubaKahn

Noob
METALLIC ZONING

I have found that zoning in this variation is very possible but not how you would expect. This is not the 100% best way to zone with him I mean it is only day 1. These are all in gold stance

I think that his straight projectile bf2 is pathetic. It is far too slow on start up.

His main event for zoning is I feel the db3, dd4(ex) and bf4. Db3 is +11 on block and tracks. It is also an overhead and very very good to stop movement. Mix this in with bf4 and if used correctly this should always hit which grants a free exdd4 for 13%.

His db1 changed and they become projectiles. Db1 is now a mid his db1d is a fast low and his db1u is a slow arcing mid witch catches purple out the sky. If you catch them you can exdd4. His zoning is strange but okay
Pretty much getting this impression as well. His zoning in all variations seems to center around the saw, rock drops and the EX quake. Although the goldnuggets are pretty good when in Gold Armor, especially the mid. The air one is interesting. Combine this with the full screen low launcher and re-stands in Lava. He's looking good. Fun, at the very least.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Pretty much getting this impression as well. His zoning in all variations seems to center around the saw, rock drops and the EX quake. Although the goldnuggets are pretty good when in Gold Armor, especially the mid. The air one is interesting. Combine this with the full screen low launcher and re-stands in Lava. He's looking good. Fun, at the very least.
Yep I am a zoner so spent around 6 hours finding what's best. I hate zoning in lava stance. His exdd4 is amazing and if you antiair with d2 or any hkd it works and otgs.