What's new

MAT: Consensus Top 3 (5/29/16)

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Alien and Mileena is for certain.
3rd could be a few. Sonya, Johnny, Kano, Takeda are the first that come to my mind.

The tihs storm on page 2 about how a tier list works lol... Just kiss and make up ffs. There's way too much arguing on TYM lately over the most basic, unimportant stuff. We all know what a tier list is comprised of. How is this even an argument? No one is going to magically make a new way to determine a tier list structure just because they want to be revolutionary.

@EXILE CoRzz @Darkling

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I have been out of MK for a whiles time to get back in boys.

1. How exactly is Kano good now?
2. Is war god still shit (I feel the answer is yes).

Db1 for cutthroat wanks everything free. It went up to -5 on block. Ex buff happens much faster so you get super plus 50/50's. Fast launching armor and safe armor. Ggs.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
1. CT is godlike.
2. No. He is very f'n good.

Going by the patch notes I have been reading since I last played, nothing new for Kano. Cutthroat was always solid but the ex buff hurting you I remember a hurricane shitstorm of bitching about.

Kotal the buffs I see(what little there is) ehh.

FUCKING 114 AIRTHROW STILL MISSES ON TORR.

Db1 for cutthroat wanks everything free. It went up to -5 on block. Ggs
Ahh ok that makes some sense.

Tweedy

Noob

CT Kano is like consensus top 5 atm. The other variations are all right. Not too much changed with CT, people just took awhile to figure out how good he was, and other characters have been steadily nerfed.

War God is really good. He has 2-3 match ups that Tom Brady would pull his hair out when playing, if he used him. Besides that he's pretty good, probably right outside of the top ten. He does really well vs Takeda as well, who is a popular character.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
The tihs storm on page 2 about how a tier list works lol... Just kiss and make up ffs. There's way too much arguing on TYM lately over the most basic, unimportant stuff. We all know what a tier list is comprised of. How is this even an argument? No one is going to magically make a new way to determine a tier list structure just because they want to be revolutionary.

@EXILE CoRzz @Darkling
People out to prove a point that I'm wrong and won't admit that I'm right. So yeah I don't play well with that.

CT Kano is like consensus top 5 atm. The other variations are all right. Not too much changed with CT, people just took awhile to figure out how good he was, and other characters have been steadily nerfed.

War God is really good. He has 2-3 match ups that Tom Brady would pull his hair out when playing, if he used him. Besides that he's pretty good, probably right outside of the top ten. He does really well vs Takeda as well, who is a popular character.
How is making db1 safe not a huge buff? It has rediculous range and now you can throw it out mindlessley in the neutral. Its game changing

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Going by the patch notes I have been reading since I last played, nothing new for Kano. Cutthroat was always solid but the ex buff hurting you I remember a hurricane shitstorm of bitching about.

Kotal the buffs I see(what little there is) ehh.

FUCKING 114 AIRTHROW STILL MISSES ON TORR.

Ahh ok that makes some sense.
They improved some of Kotal's buttons, making b1 not be low profiled, f12 safe, and improved the whiffing issues with 11(but they're still there last I checked), removed the gap in b122, and made b122~db1 a true block string. That's really all he needed to play how he was always supposed to.

And it's so annoying how 114~air throw on Torr's stubby little legs is still an issue.

Here's some fairly recent Kotal footage.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Db1 for cutthroat wanks everything free. It went up to -5 on block. Ex buff happens much faster so you get super plus 50/50's. Fast launching armor and safe armor. Ggs.
What? Fast Launching armor? What? DB1 is -5 on block, how is it safe? Ow right you can block after it.xD Don't get me wrong Kano is somewhere near the top 5.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Yes , yes I corrected myself it is safe. You don't get punished. Yes, yes. It's a great tool and Kano is around top5/8. :)
Let me guess. You have no idea how to play Cutthroat, you get mopped most of the time online/offline with Cutthroat so in your head Cutthroat needs buff yea?

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Let me guess. You have no idea how to play Cutthroat, you get mopped most of the time online/offline with Cutthroat so in your head Cutthroat needs buff yea?
Emmm, no. I never asked for a buff to CT. He was fine and awsome form Day 1. Never understood why NRS changed him. Sooo your guess is wrong. :)