What's new

MAT: Consensus Top 3 (5/29/16)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
But its not a launcher, you can follow it up with F212. Though he was saying that EXDB1 is a armored launcher. ;)
So? Kenshi's EX DB4 in Kenjutsu isn't a "launcher" per se either but you would still use it for the same intents and purposes.

And I don't think the other guy was saying EX DB1 is armored, he was saying Kano also has an armored launcher on top of his other tools.

I'm gonna have to say obviously Mileena and alien that's a no brainer for spot #3 that could be tough. I do not believe it is takeda but I do believe takeda is top 5. For #3 I'm gonna have to say Johnny a list for a few reasons.

His pressure is undeniably some of the best in mkx and he leads to decent damage in every combo which leads to a restand and you could jail with it.

This is just my opinion and what best suits the top 3

Gofer_MK_

Banned
So? Kenshi's EX DB4 in Kenjutsu isn't a "launcher" per se either but you would still use it for the same intents and purposes.

And I don't think the other guy was saying EX DB1 is armored, he was saying Kano also has an armored launcher on top of his other tools.
Yes he was probably talking about EXKBcancel F212, but I thought he was talking about EXDB1, my bad, my mistake, mea culpa. No harm done. No need to point out exactly what the previous guy wrote as I acknowledged it and admitted I was wrong. ;)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
The format is in Kano vs. Character, so 6-4 means Kano's favor.

Alien: 5-5
Jason: 6-4 or 5-5, haven't had too much MU experience post past
Kung Lao: 6-4
Jax: 6-4

Sonya: 5-5
Kenshi: 6-4
Kitana: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4
Sub-Zero: 4-6
Mileena: 5-5
Takeda: 5-5
Cassie: 6-4
Jacqui: 6-4

Kung Jin: 5-5
Tanya: Nobody knows
Bo Rai Cho: 7-3
Leatherface: 6-4, most likely. Not enough experience
Predator: 5-5
Shinnok: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Erron Black: 6-4
Liu Kang: 6-4

Ermac: 5-5
Kotal Kahn: 6-4
Reptile: 6-4
Ferra Torr: 6-4

D'Vorah: 5-5
Raiden: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Goro: 6-4
Tremor: 6-4

Triborg: Too much complications, Sektor's most likely the best variation and he's played the least so IDK.

1 Losing MU
16 Winning MUs
13 Even MUs
2 Unknown MUs
Good enough for you?
Kano destroys Goro more than a 6-4

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Alien is in a class of his own, even after an immense amount of nerfs he still is number 1 IMO. Without the prepatch level of (soap bar in my mouth) he had... But it also has to do with the hitbox issues, insane range few characters can match, and a few of the other game breaking things alien has in his arsenal. I feel until he's normalized and is contained within the mechanics of the game he should be left out of the conversation for top characters since there is no debate in his level of bs. However when discussing other top characters, that aren't completely dumb, mileena is very strong and definitely top 5. Takeda possibly, but minus the hard to blockable, he's really not that unfair and even with it, there's been worse in this game so I say let it rock. Others in consideration should be Johnny, A-List specifically, Shaolin Jin, Cutthroat, Quan as a whole is still in my top 10. And a few other slightly more debatable picks that are just what I believe to be near the top but simply get out shined.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Alien is in a class of his own, even after an immense amount of nerfs he still is number 1 IMO. Without the prepatch level of (soap bar in my mouth) he had... But it also has to do with the hitbox issues, insane range few characters can match, and a few of the other game breaking things alien has in his arsenal. I feel until he's normalized and is contained within the mechanics of the game he should be left out of the conversation for top characters since there is no debate in his level of bs. However when discussing other top characters, that aren't completely dumb, mileena is very strong and definitely top 5. Takeda possibly, but minus the hard to blockable, he's really not that unfair and even with it, there's been worse in this game so I say let it rock. Others in consideration should be Johnny, A-List specifically, Shaolin Jin, Cutthroat, Quan as a whole is still in my top 10. And a few other slightly more debatable picks that are just what I believe to be near the top but simply get out shined.
Do you know Ronin exist? Or in your head Takeda has only 1 variation named Shirai Ryu?

This might be random as hell, but because I like scorpion, and I'm not "great" at this game, what do you guys think about hellfire scorpion? Do you think he is generally better than most of the cast, and if so what makes him good? His weaknesses?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
A-List is fairly simple once you go to the lab. Its difficulty is overrated imo.

Depends to play him optimal with his no meter 36% midscreens with jump ins, and his frame perfect corner optimals he is as hard as the hardest.

A-list isn't even in top 6 chars

Offline events have proven this.

Also sub-zero is a wall that will always hinder any a-list in a tournament and stunt double is not a top 6 variation.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
A-list isn't even in top 6 chars

Offline events have proven this.

Also sub-zero is a wall that will always hinder any a-list in a tournament and stunt double is not a top 6 variation.
If A-list is not in top6 than CT Kano is out of top10. ;)

Gofer_MK_

Banned
CT Kano is as good as cage if not better. If you don't see that, then this conversation is over.
CT Kano is top 5, so is A-list Cage. And by your logic offline event dictate placement of characters. So you need to deicide. If A-list is not top6 because offline "events proven this" than CT Kano should be lower on your list than him, because of the lack of placement in top8/16.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
CT Kano is top 5, so is A-list Cage.
maybe for the bedroom badmen, but when its all on the line Cage is out of the top 5. too much to think about with cage

I don't get what your arguing about. Its utter nonsense. Both cage and Kano aren't top 5 in tournaments for one reason or another. Kano not being top 5 is because a recent patch just came in and people have less exp with him than their mains and A-list suffers from being too complex and scaring players from committing to him for high level play.

Argue against it if you will, but no cages are placing well at all. If its because the highest level of players don't like/play him or none of them attend offline tournaments, it doesn't matter, either way A-list does not consistently place top 5, so putting him there is absolutely stupid.

Last edited: