What's new

Strategy - Master of Storms Master of Storms - Wonders

please share this secret tech you have for MOS to make it viable over TG
Just whack out an orb at the end of a string/combo. They last so long you're going to get another string in before it goes, do another orb and it's pretty much free pressure chip/chance to combo.

Does anyone have any damaging follow-ups for when the orb trap hits? I've been playing around with MoS in matches and have gotten pretty good at controlling the space with orbs but whenever I catch someone in a trap I can't get enough damage out of it.
I tend to 213 bf3. Does about 21 I think, can't remember off the top of my head, but you're also likely to put them in a corner, and can place another orb before they wake up.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just whack out an orb at the end of a string/combo. They last so long you're going to get another string in before it goes, do another orb and it's pretty much free pressure chip/chance to combo.
What about the first orb? You have to play pretty well to get MoS rolling. He doesn't anything that good. Just a solid base character.

Anyways, I noticed that you have extra time to put up a second orb visually. If a second orb comes out right as the first one dissapears it will reappear and connect. Just some cool visual trick you should keep in mind if you're ever in that sotuation

mrtom

Noob
Anyone know how a beam can be ducked? I've had characters duck under a beam for the entire animation so I started testing it and so far the only character that can duck the beam is Cassie. I haven't gone through everyone but I did all the females and everyone else gets hit. You can low profile it but it still hits after the move completes so I can't figure out what circumstances allow the beam to be ducked.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
think its a size thing. dvorah ducks it too. as does sub zero, while quan chi cant. test neutral crouching not block crouching. in not dvorah cases, though sometimes her, they can duck the beam but not the orb point. if beam comes from high orb flat orb trap, the bottom orb point really cant be ducked usually. though seems wonky sometimes its inconsistent and itll get ducked.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
think its a size thing. dvorah ducks it too. as does sub zero, while quan chi cant. test neutral crouching not block crouching. in not dvorah cases, though sometimes her, they can duck the beam but not the orb point. if beam comes from high orb flat orb trap, the bottom orb point really cant be ducked usually. though seems wonky sometimes its inconsistent and itll get ducked.
That might be on purpose. Like a matchup thing it can be low profiled. Might not but either way it stops their momentum. Now if Raiden could this out reliably and consistently ill be happy. Right now im taking advantage of lack of matchup knowledge and sticking orbs out anywhere to get started.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
That might be on purpose. Like a matchup thing it can be low profiled. Might not but either way it stops their momentum. Now if Raiden could this out reliably and consistently ill be happy. Right now im taking advantage of lack of matchup knowledge and sticking orbs out anywhere to get started.
yea anyone can low profile it i just meant the simple crouching. low profiling is doing a low poke to dodge it which lots of if not all chars can. you can make em pay for that though. if you get one orb out try f224 fwd orb. even if they block orb will come out and you can create a sorta vortex if you get next orb out on time and keep it rollin, eventually getting into trap, punish combo retrap repeat. theyre forced to eat it or block and even if they punish itll only be hit or two till they fry if youre on time with the upkeep. get used to f224 as mos. its your best weapon as mos and you will see why soon. its coming =D

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
yea anyone can low profile it i just meant the simple crouching. low profiling is doing a low poke to dodge it which lots of if not all chars can. you can make em pay for that though. if you get one orb out try f224 fwd orb. even if they block orb will come out and you can create a sorta vortex if you get next orb out on time and keep it rollin, eventually getting into trap, punish combo retrap repeat. theyre forced to eat it or block and even if they punish itll only be hit or two till they fry if youre on time with the upkeep. get used to f224 as mos. its your best weapon as mos and you will see why soon. its coming =D
Oh I meant the whole "matchup low profile" thing as an example of games having weird hit/hurtbox things on purpose. And I straight up ABUSE f 2, 2+4 wherever possible. But playing is still stressful in neutral. The second orb is easy enough. It's the first orb that gives me problems. Like the character he just feels incomplete. Like he is missing something to be efficient

mrtom

Noob
You can use df4 as an option select off b2 same way as the shocker, same timing as well. I wouldn't use it for a first orb, although still safer than a fully blocked b2 but definitely could come in handy for a second orb.

skrone

cold blooded
a couple orb setups:
Ji3~EXdf2, f2 2+4~orb 24% the ji3 must hit the opponent fairly low for this to work
B2,run,11~exdf2,f224~orb 28%

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
a couple orb setups:
Ji3~EXdf2, f2 2+4~orb 24% the ji3 must hit the opponent fairly low for this to work
28% percent just seems so . . .disappointing :(. Nice work though. I suck with labbing up setups shit. (I should really go practice some tech.) I just feel more comfortable playing out the matchup and letting necessity bring new ideas to my mind.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
28% percent just seems so . . .disappointing :(. Nice work though. I suck with labbing up setups shit. (I should really go practice some tech.) I just feel more comfortable playing out the matchup and letting necessity bring new ideas to my mind.
theres higher damage stuff in orb punish thread you can modify as needed for finished combos. these are just simple things to get an orb out in different ways, not necessarily to do damage. at the same time you can modify higher damage combos into orb dropping combos. all depends on what you need at the time. even these can be modified into 32% or better.

i wouldnt use a bar for 28% either, but if round is ending or opponent is near corner id consider it to get the 2nd orb out if situation presented itself. mos is like that gotta take what youre given sometimes.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
theres higher damage stuff in orb punish thread you can modify as needed for finished combos. these are just simple things to get an orb out in different ways, not necessarily to do damage. at the same time you can modify higher damage combos into orb dropping combos. all depends on what you need at the time. even these can be modified into 32% or better.

i wouldnt use a bar for 28% either, but if round is ending or opponent is near corner id consider it to get the 2nd orb out if situation presented itself. mos is like that gotta take what youre given sometimes.
Oh yeah i get that. I'll mixup from ending my combos into b1 string in the corner or some kinda orb reset. I need to check that thread as i said i always seem to lack whatever it is to really test combos and the like. More of a matchup guy. Love the setups i wouldn't have thought to use Ji3 in anything. I'll take anything that gives this character another opportunity.

mrtom

Noob
a couple orb setups:
After a shocker, you You can add a njp before the f224 for a little extra damage.

Also, if you land a jump in 3, try using 214 xx ex shocker instead of going straight into shocker. Not only does it do more damage but you won't waste a bar if the jumpin is blocked. The 314 gives you enough time to confirm hit/block so if blocked you can do nothing or use regular shocker.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
After a shocker, you You can add a njp before the f224 for a little extra damage.

Also, if you land a jump in 3, try using 214 xx ex shocker instead of going straight into shocker. Not only does it do more damage but you won't waste a bar if the jumpin is blocked. The 314 gives you enough time to confirm hit/block so if blocked you can do nothing or use regular shocker.
I just realized i read that combo wrong. If it's even better in my eyes. Good shit MoS community

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Oh I meant the whole "matchup low profile" thing as an example of games having weird hit/hurtbox things on purpose. And I straight up ABUSE f 2, 2+4 wherever possible. But playing is still stressful in neutral. The second orb is easy enough. It's the first orb that gives me problems. Like the character he just feels incomplete. Like he is missing something to be efficient
D4 cancel into orb os pretty good. Some characters in the cast can punish it but its a tight window. Im going to test everyone to see who can and cant

cambros22

Nah he is good. I find that the first orb is fairly easy to get out. Whenever i get knockdowns or have good distance i throw them out. You dont have to always be in a combo ender to get it going. Sometimes a raw full screen orb is good enough. After that just makr your way in for a block string into orb.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
D4 is tight punish window period. if it hits its usually free run in pressure as it is let alone the cancelled orb. any poke can bring an orb out as well. D3 into 2nd orb is good too since the range is lined up better than D4. Youre findings will be appreciated. I use all 3 of these quite often.

cambros22

If a player low profiles the trap blocking and poking counter poking results in them going hitting trap. It leads to full combo punish if their low poke is unsafe.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
If a player low profiles the trap blocking and poking counter poking results in them going hitting trap. It leads to full combo punish if their low poke is unsafe.
yup. can even keep orbing too if ya want. theyll move at some point, and if you need meter you can build some. theres always options.

cambros22

D4 is tight punish window period. if it hits its usually free run in pressure as it is let alone the cancelled orb. any poke can bring an orb out as well. D3 into 2nd orb is good too since the range is lined up better than D4. Youre findings will be appreciated. I use all 3 of these quite often.
I'll see what else I can come up with. His setplay is crazy strong in this variation. Im a shazam main. You have to make alot of quick reads and adjustments and im used to that.