What's new

Match Footage - Grandmaster Madzin wins VSFighting 5 Tournament with Sub Zero wooooot

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Tom is just an attention seeker and spoiled man child. I don't even pay attention to his bullshit anymore.
I think you're wrong to dismiss his insight. What he says, he believes to be 100% truth when he says it. He's not a downplayer or someone that speaks with an outside agenda. As his insight progresses, his opinions on things change.

My guess is that he has figured out some new aspects to SZ's game, altering his mental picture of him - thusly changing his tune publicly about the character. I don't think he puts himself center. He talks about the game the way he sees it and he's willing to reason others through his thought process - if you're willing to read or listen.

He's passionate and that tends to alienate those who disagree, but you would be a fool to dismiss his insight.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I think you're wrong to dismiss his insight. What he says, he believes to be 100% truth when he says it. He's not a downplayer or someone that speaks with an outside agenda. As his insight progresses, his opinions on things change.

My guess is that he has figured out some new aspects to SZ's game, altering his mental picture of him - thusly changing his tune publicly about the character. I don't think he puts himself center. He talks about the game the way he sees it and he's willing to reason others through his thought process - if you're willing to read or listen.

He's passionate and that tends to alienate those who disagree, but you would be a fool to dismiss his insight.
He sure wasn't reasonable when I tried to help him get more damage with better setups. I even made a comparison video for it. Instead he became enraged and brushed me off on his stream.

He sure wasn't reasonable when I tried to help him get more damage with better setups. I even made a comparison video for it. Instead he became enraged and brushed me off on his stream.
Those weren't better set ups. The F12 knockdown will occasionally cause the clone to not come out based on the breathing hit box. The only way to ensure that it always comes it is to either take a step back first(which takes the option of the forward throw into clone off the table as well as less advantage), or delay when you do the clone(which also gives you less advantage).

In a 2 out of 3 I am not willing to sacrifice my advantage just to be sure in that crucial moment I don't get what I want nor am I willing to sacrifice ANY of my advantage in order to make sure it always comes out.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I must have missed that.

Even still, we've all had our moments. I've learned not to take slights too seriously.

I'm very laid back, but even I have had moments where I was dead wrong or where I've flipped out. We're all just people.

Smart people know how to recognize insight when they see it.

The game's meta changes as the elites better come to understand the game, characters, and matchups and TB is an elite that says what he truly believes in the moment. If you want to know what's up, you would be foolish to discard anything he says about NRS games.

Last edited:

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Those weren't better set ups. The F12 knockdown will occasionally cause the clone to not come out based on the breathing hit box. The only way to ensure that it always comes it is to either take a step back first(which takes the option of the forward throw into clone off the table as well as less advantage), or delay when you do the clone(which also gives you less advantage).

In a 2 out of 3 I am not willing to sacrifice my advantage just to be sure in that crucial moment I don't get what I want nor am I willing to sacrifice ANY of my advantage in order to make sure it always comes out.
He landed F12xxKlone 24 times, 5 missed because he missed the F12, 1 missed because of the Klone cancel. On females it is harder to do but on males the NJP, FJP, FJP, F12xxKlone is damn near perfect if practiced. Come on now doesn't Madzin using this over and over to win this tournament say something? Putting the Klone closer gives them less chance to do a directional or even get their specials. At the end Kung Lao tried to jump and immediately got frozen. He consistently grabbed Quan Chi into the Klone off the F12 setup. Madzin also did the higher damage combos ending with the opponent being dead sooner. You used to play very aggressive when the game launched. If you could add that back to your more reserved style you will basically be unbeatable.

Last edited:
On females it is harder to do but on males the NJP, FJP, FJP, F12xxKlone is damn near perfect if practiced. Come on now doesn't Madzin using this over and over to win this tournament say something? Putting the Klone closer gives them less chance to do a directional or even get their specials. He consistently grabbed Quan Chi into the Klone off the F12 setup. Madzin also did the higher damage combos ending with the opponent being dead sooner. You used to play very aggressive when the game launched. If you could add that back to your more reserved style you will basically be unbeatable.
I think this is where me and the SZ community part ways. You guys have each other, I'll just be here on my own.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I remember watching @Madzin play as Blood God like a month ago and get so into it, mimicking all of Kotal's mannerisms and his fatality and shit. I think that kind of passion for the game and joy out of simply just playing it is refreshing as all hell to see from a pro and I'm really glad he got to take home a tournament win. Seems like a really cool dude.

And God help everyone if they give him Noob Saibot in Kombat Pack 2. :eek:

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Wow. I thought for sure when foxy won winners that he would take the tournament. Madzin deserves a tym medal if he's in here. He must've played perfect.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Wait but isn't the character bottom 5? :DOGE
I've literally never once seen someone say Sub-Zero is bottom 5. You need to step your sarcastic posting up a notch cause this one doesn't even make sense?

The brothers fill in the action with just the appropriate amount of knowledge and hype to accentuate matches.

They're true professionals who are currently creating the blueprint for commentary on competitive gaming.
Wow, I didn't realise Aris had a brother!

Seriously though, coming from someone who watches a lot of different competitive games, listening to most these commentators, the brothers included, I'm left thinking, damn MKX needs to step it's game up. Believe me, they ain't creating the blueprint for anything far as conpetitive gaming goes. Aris on the other hand is the exception and probably the best commentator I've ever heard in any game ever lol

Madzin has insane Yomi and Okazumi Okazemi whatever game if you know what I mean. I still can't believe how well he played.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Nobody said he wasn't. Def not OP like most claimed back on april. The point is that he is an incomplete char and ice clone shouldn't had been nerfed.
Subzero is probably the most balanced character with EB and Jax imo. A too well complete character is good for the nerfs (mmh, kabal, etc). He needs weaknesses.
The top 5 will probably be nerf, and the bottom buff, then the game will be balanced. They shouldn't do shit with midtier except hotfix.

Subzero is popular in tournament while some other don't even appear.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Subzero is probably the most balanced character with EB and Jax imo. A too well complete character is good for the nerfs (mmh, kabal, etc). He needs weaknesses.
The top 5 will probably be nerf, and the bottom buff, then the game will be balanced. They shouldn't do shit with midtier except hotfix.

Subzero is popular in tournament while some other don't even appear.
Inconsistent ice clone cancels isn't a weakness lol. And attacks shouldn't go through it like if it wasn't there.

HanSolo

Noob
That's my point. The char is still incomplete. One dood winning a tournament doesn't change that.
But in this community if a char places high or wins then its top tier or OP.
Lolll this is why you guys live in the salt report. Whiniest community in the game, yet subzero has won 2 big tournaments . No one is saying he is op but the problem isn't Sub-zero, it's the Sub-zero community.