What's new

Match Footage - Grandmaster Madzin wins VSFighting 5 Tournament with Sub Zero wooooot

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I think Madzin proved today that the reason SZ isnt placing top and winning here in the USA is me. He proved SZ can win and place consistently. We need better players using him so you guys can see what he can really do.

good stuff Madzin
Hidden message. Even though it's sarcasm, you're right.

Or you would be stupid not to believe it coming from you.
Many here believe that my lack of skill is the reason SZ isnt winning over here but its already been said and doesn't need to be repeated in ever other post in this thread. Why come in here to take a shot? Just congratulate Madzin and PM me your bashing. This thread is about how good Madzin is and not about how bad I make the character look. Take that to PM. Can you at least post a congratulations to him?

Message to all going forward -
If you have nothing to say abut how great Madzin played or anything about the tournament then dont even post.

Airvidal

Almost everyone agrees that my lack of skill is the reason SZ isnt winning over here but its already been said. Why come in here to take a shot? Just congratulate Madzin and PM me your bashing.
Not taking a shot. But what you said was unnecessary. You've said it so many times, and to tell you the truth it just seems you want attention. So I gave you the attention you wanted.

Also, I wouldn't PM you cause I know you're just gonna ignore me. We all know that if WE are not a PL, a SF, a FK, a PigOTH, etc, you won't pay attention in the least, even if it's to give you props.

Airvidal

And no, it's not your lack of skill what's stopping SZ from placing here.

The Highlander

There can be only one
The simultaneous "NO PUN INTENDED" was pure gold from @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard.

I remember watching @Madzin play as Blood God like a month ago and get so into it, mimicking all of Kotal's mannerisms and his fatality and shit. I think that kind of passion for the game and joy out of simply just playing it is refreshing as all hell to see from a pro and I'm really glad he got to take home a tournament win. Seems like a really cool dude.

And God help everyone if they give him Noob Saibot in Kombat Pack 2. :eek:
It's sad that that sort of passion is refreshing rather than commonplace. Best thing about injustice was the players getting into their characters and acting out their win poses and shit.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Subzero is probably the most balanced character with EB and Jax imo. A too well complete character is good for the nerfs (mmh, kabal, etc). He needs weaknesses.
The top 5 will probably be nerf, and the bottom buff, then the game will be balanced. They shouldn't do shit with midtier except hotfix.

Subzero is popular in tournament while some other don't even appear.
habibi, have you ever seen unbreakable sub or cryo sub doing well in tournaments? the only good var sub got is grandmaster, and it still got some inconsistency and the fabulous "klone disappear on block, while you can bypass it completely with a poke"

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Let me tell you something about Sub0 - you fools are delusional if you think that this win ( that came from awesome player and props to Madzin for that! ) - will magically make all Sub0 issues and bugs disappear. GM MB clone will still not come out on occasion or come out as a normal one, punches will go through clone like there's no tomorrow, UB will still be one of the weakest variations in the entire game, with no anti airs, no meter, no damage and parry that is useless against projectiles. And Cryo will still have meter build problems, slow punishable specials and useless air hammer. Good player can do wonders with any character. Hell, I remember Madzin won some casual offline game with his freaking Noob Saibot against KL in MK9 off stage during some big tournament. GM Sub needs his fixes as bad as any character who whiffs mids needs them. And Unbreakable and Cryo need some help still.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
habibi, have you ever seen unbreakable sub or cryo sub doing well in tournaments? the only good var sub got is grandmaster, and it still got some inconsistency and the fabulous "klone disappear on block, while you can bypass it completely with a poke"
I was talking about Grandmaster. For the clone bug, I have mentionned a hotfix, but SZ still have one of the best corner game of the cast so ~

Error404

Noob
Jesus guys no need to get in fights over a video game. Congrats to @Madzin tho . Very nice stuff . Hit me up if you have a ps4 I really would like to play you.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Madzin's style of play looks very erratic in comparison to Tom Brady's. Maybe that gives him a little edge. Props to him for winning.
After playing Madzin he just knows what you're going to do and what he can do in place of it, he figures you out, he takes advantage of people doing stupid shit he'll literally say what he's about to do and hit you because he knows it will hit because you're not playing correctly he's so on point.

Reactions: GAV

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
He landed F12xxKlone 24 times, 5 missed because he missed the F12, 1 missed because of the Klone cancel. On females it is harder to do but on males the NJP, FJP, FJP, F12xxKlone is damn near perfect if practiced. Come on now doesn't Madzin using this over and over to win this tournament say something?
I try to stay out of this squabbling but I gotta comment on this. This mindset, that a player is bad or stubborn or hindering himself for not playing around proven bugs, is bullshit and exactly the reason why bugs like these remain in the game. It took weeks after Tom posted replicable video proof of the bugs for people to even consider the notion that he wasn't making the "game made me lose" argument and people are STILL looking for fallacious bullshit to ad hominem him instead of looking at the facts. Sub's clone IS bugged, no "if" or "maybe" in that sentence. The moment this bug stops getting attention and people choose to stick with less advantageous alternatives is the moment where any chance of this bug being addressed disappears.

Last edited: