What's new

Match Footage - Grandmaster Madzin wins VSFighting 5 Tournament with Sub Zero wooooot

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
He landed F12xxKlone 24 times, 5 missed because he missed the F12, 1 missed because of the Klone cancel. On females it is harder to do but on males the NJP, FJP, FJP, F12xxKlone is damn near perfect if practiced. Come on now doesn't Madzin using this over and over to win this tournament say something? Putting the Klone closer gives them less chance to do a directional or even get their specials. At the end Kung Lao tried to jump and immediately got frozen. He consistently grabbed Quan Chi into the Klone off the F12 setup. Madzin also did the higher damage combos ending with the opponent being dead sooner. You used to play very aggressive when the game launched. If you could add that back to your more reserved style you will basically be unbeatable.
Why do you give a shit dude? If he wants to do things his way let him. He sees benefits in his way and there is no need to go on like a scorned ex girlfriend because he didn't graciously accept the schooling. Also, you are just wrong in how much value you are putting into your advice. F12 ender would have made absolutely no difference to what he lost to at EVO.

I think this is where me and the SZ community part ways. You guys have each other, I'll just be here on my own.
And you're just as bad. Since when does one person speak for the entirety of the Sub Zero community? I don't give a shit cause I no longer play the character, but you are just going to cut ties with all your fans out thee because of something one person said? Pretty lame way to treat the people who support and admire you in this game Tom

I usually enjoy the drama queen antics very much, always entertaining, that's why your matches so hype to me. But being a douche to your supporters is pretty walk IMO

I GOT HANDS

Lolll this is why you guys live in the salt report. Whiniest community in the game, yet subzero has won 2 big tournaments . No one is saying he is op but the problem isn't Sub-zero, it's the Sub-zero community.
Im not participating in this argument, would just like fact check for a second here. Sub-Zero community has made the salt report only twice, once directly after the Ice Clone nerf, and once directly after the patch where absolutely EVERY OTHER character received a balance update, and Sub Zero players quite vocally just wanted their play style dictating BUGS fixed (you remember the Tom Brady threads about Clone coming out based on a breathe box, the videos showing how it holds back his gameplay?) but, inexplicably, he was the only character in the entire game to remain completely unchanged. Of course, Sneaky Tortoise being the aware and intelligent individual that he is, blanket described the complaining about lack of bug fixes as "Sub-Zero players are complaining about balance again (???) and won't be happy until the Clone is buffed to win them the game the second it's used" so I think this second placing actually says more to the rest of us about Sneaky Tortoise's salt, lol.

On the flipside of the coin, the entire TYM community made the salt report before the SZ community ever did, for all the bitching about Sub Zero being OP.

Once again, I'm not participating this argument, just fact checking for you.

Now maybe you could help fact check for me in return - what is the other big tournament Sub-Zero has won?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've literally never once seen someone say Sub-Zero is bottom 5. You need to step your sarcastic posting up a notch cause this one doesn't even make sense?

Wow, I didn't realise Aris had a brother!

Seriously though, coming from someone who watches a lot of different competitive games, listening to most these commentators, the brothers included, I'm left thinking, damn MKX needs to step it's game up. Believe me, they ain't creating the blueprint for anything far as conpetitive gaming goes. Aris on the other hand is the exception and probably the best commentator I've ever heard in any game ever lol
I do like Aris' commentary as well, but his commentary just slowly grew on me. The brothers are classic style pros - like Pat Summerall and Keith Jackson. They're writing the book in a professional manner. They serve as the legitimizing force competitive gaming needs right now. Competitive gaming is still in the early stages and Ketchup and Mustard are serving as the Howard Cosells of commentary. They are showing everyone how to do it professionally.

Aris is more like John Madden. He understands the games and knows so many facts that you can just listen to him for hours, but his prep work is just that he is Aris.

Last edited:

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Why do you give a shit dude? If he wants to do things his way let him. He sees benefits in his way and there is no need to go on like a scorned ex girlfriend because he didn't graciously accept the schooling. Also, you are just wrong in how much value you are putting into your advice. F12 ender would have made absolutely no difference to what he lost to at EVO.

And you're just as bad. Since when does one person speak for the entirety of the Sub Zero community? I don't give a shit cause I no longer play the character, but you are just going to cut ties with all your fans out thee because of something one person said? Pretty lame way to treat the people who support and admire you in this game Tom

I usually enjoy the drama queen antics very much, always entertaining, that's why your matches so hype to me. But being a douche to your supporters is pretty walk IMO
I care because he is one of the last Sub players and I want him to win. He asks people for advice and to help but nothing seems to be worthy to him. If he wants to continue his way it's fine but it's disheartening when he could level up with everyone and train wreck in tournaments. His game is for the most part solid and that was one of the only weaknesses I saw excluding the character limits and issues. I'm one of the few who actually tried to support and help him and others. The pieces of advice are wherever I left them, use them or not. I will help where I can as I go along. @I GOT HANDS It's sad to see you leave Sub considering you came up with tech and worked together with me and others.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I need a gif of Madzin acting out Kotal Khan's fatality in my life. How is it that no one has made it into a gif yet? That was just classic.

WATCHD0G

Noob
i think the only reason Madzin is better than Tom is the amount if belief he has in himself.......if Tom had the same confidence that Madzin has he'd be near unstoppable. Plus from what i have seen, Madzin also enjoys himself way more than Tom does both in victory and defeat....it all comes down to the mindset.

I GOT HANDS

I do like Aris' commentary as well, but his commentary just slowly grew on me. The brothers are classic style pros - like Pat Summerall and Keith Jackson. They're writing the book in a professional manner. They serve as the legitimizing force competitive gaming needs right now. Aris is more like Madden. He understands the games and knows so many facts that you can just listen to him for hours, but his prep work is just that he is Aris.
Well, maybe the brothers are decent for this game, but the world of competitive gaming is much larger than MKX and as part of the audience for multiple other more established ones, I will safely say that nobody comentating MKX is pioneering anything as far as competitive gaming goes, in fact for the most part they ain't even keeping up. Except for maybe Aris. He's my favourite commentator from anything ever :cool:

That being said, for the most part the brothers weren't too bad but I actually thought they were some of the weaker commentators, really didn't do it for me. Personal preference I guess. But my wife thought the same thing too and immediately lost interest when Ketchup started commentating.

I care because he is one of the last Sub players and I want him to win. He asks people for advice and to help but nothing seems to be worthy to him. If he wants to continue his way it's fine but it's disheartening when he could level up with everyone and train wreck in tournaments. His game is for the most part solid and that was one of the only weaknesses I saw excluding the character limits and issues. I'm one of the few who actually tried to support and help him and others. The pieces of advice are wherever I left them, use them or not. I will help where I can as I go along. @I GOT HANDS It's sad to see you leave Sub considering you came up with tech and worked together with me and others.
Yeah but it's clear Tom has his own way of doing things so I wouldn't dwell on him not wanting to do things a different way. He goes with what works for him, no sense in beating on the man for wanting to do otherwise.

I left Sub-Zero because he is just fully fleshed out at this point, there's no point in trying to find tech with Ex-Clone because as Tom showed, it's bugged. This isn't attractive to me. He's still a fun secondary, and I don't think the character is weak, but I wanted something a little flashier :D

Lolll this is why you guys live in the salt report. Whiniest community in the game, yet subzero has won 2 big tournaments . No one is saying he is op but the problem isn't Sub-zero, it's the Sub-zero community.
yeah.. no sz's are good which is the problem... sure...

i think the only reason Madzin is better than Tom is the amount if belief he has in himself.......if Tom had the same confidence that Madzin has he'd be near unstoppable. Plus from what i have seen, Madzin also enjoys himself way more than Tom does both in victory and defeat....it all comes down to the mindset.
I am very confident. I have no doubt that I am one of the best players in the world nor do I doubt that I am the best version of the character. Also, Madzin enjoys himself because he hasn't had 5 years of people bashing him and looking to prove just how bad he is. Win or lose, he gets left alone and no one says "proof you are bad". Five years of it gets rough and tends to wear you down. He's great when he does well and still great when he doesn't. With me I'm bad when I miss top 8 and even when I end up placing it will be downplayed as not good enough or there will be some reason why It was luck, easy path, etc... We are in two completely different set of circumstances.

I have never EVER felt that getting 9th, 13th, etc at huge MKX majors meant I was bad even though I missed top 8. Its almost everyone else that makes this point and they go off on a tirade to make me look foolish if I think I'm good. The term "delusional" was used to describe me when I believe I'm good. I have every reason to believe I'll be top 8 at SJ and have a chance to win once I get into the top 8. However, should I not, I will be "blown up" for my confidence and called "delusional".

Even now this thread is becoming about bashing me and/or the "SZ community" because people couldn't resist taking shots as I gave credit to Madzin for showing what a good player can do with the character. They just couldn't come in and give the man his props, some of them came in here just to insult me or insult the "SZ community" as a way to take a shot and make some of the thread about that. This is why I'm bowing out of the SZ community same as I had to do in MK9. Give the man his props. If you wish to insult me just do it in another thread or PM me about why I'm bad.

Well done Madzin, truly a stand up performance.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

How soon they forget.

"That's it, DJT takes it... with Grandmaster Sub-Zero"
Well, "forget" is a pretty big assumption, not everyone follows every single tournament, especially the boring ass Tanya ones, and I was just asking a question.... But regardless, I did see that, and didn't he play Tempest Lao like the entire tournament except for that troll ass final vs his brother, where he won like only 2 of his matches as Sub Zero? Or do we chalk up that entire tournament to Sub-Zero because he was used in the final match? I guess Reptile technically came second then since he won a game in the finals as well?

Matix218

Get over here!
This x1000000

Samsara

Resident Cynic
As far as I'm concerned, win or lose, there'll always be people drooling at the mouth to insult either Tom or the Subby community as a whole. I'm glad Madzin won with Subby so people can understand that the Sub-Zero community will rally behind whoever champions the character, bugs and weaknesses aside. If they think otherwise we'd be happy to treat them to the Chill of Despair.

Props Madzin you've done the Lin Kuei proud.

Matix218

Get over here!

I am very confident. I have no doubt that I am one of the best players in the world nor do I doubt that I am the best version of the character. Also, Madzin enjoys himself because he hasn't had 5 years of people bashing him and looking to prove just how bad he is. Win or lose, he gets left alone and no one says "proof you are bad". Five years of it gets rough and tends to wear you down. He's great when he does well and still great when he doesn't. With me I'm bad when I miss top 8 and even when I end up placing it will be downplayed as not good enough or there will be some reason why It was luck, easy path, etc... We are in two completely different set of circumstances.

I have never EVER felt that getting 9th, 13th, etc at huge MKX majors meant I was bad even though I missed top 8. Its almost everyone else that makes this point and they go off on a tirade to make me look foolish if I think I'm good. The term "delusional" was used to describe me when I believe I'm good. I have every reason to believe I'll be top 8 at SJ and have a chance to win once I get into the top 8. However, should I not, I will be "blown up" for my confidence and called "delusional".

Even now this thread is becoming about bashing me and/or the "SZ community" because people couldn't resist taking shots as I gave credit to Madzin for showing what a good player can do with the character. They just couldn't come in and give the man his props, some of them came in here just to insult me or insult the "SZ community" as a way to take a shot and make some of the thread about that. This is why I'm bowing out of the SZ community same as I had to do in MK9. Give the man his props. If you wish to insult me just do it in another thread or PM me about why I'm bad.

Good post but seriously Tom, just stop letting trolls get you down. Why do you care what random people say in a stream chat or forum? The main reason why so many trolls target you is because they are 100% guaranteed to get a response or reaction from you. I personally do think that you can go to SJ and place top 8 with sub zero but despite what you just posted I really doubt that you believe it. Confidence is EVERYTHING in competition. Look at Tiger Woods. You need to just practice, lab, and play and not respond to the trolling and drama. Go make top 8 at SJ man. You CAN do it but only if YOU think you can and don't go into the tournament thinking about what xtombradysux420x or troll69tomlulz or whatever irrelevant person will say if you do end up getting 13th.

WATCHD0G

Noob

Dude I'm a big fan of yours and i see how much people like to bash you when most of them haven't even scratched the surface of what you have accomplished. i know it's not easy but you just gotta find a way to say "FUCK THE HATERS" and do what you want to do. it doesn't matter what the fuck anyone thinks when you win or lose.

if you believe that you are the best then play like it, talk like it and feel like it as much as you want. You don't owe anyone a response no matter how much they try to get one out of you (cus to be honest that is the fun they get from it).

I'm rooting for you for summer jam same way i did for EVO. But no matter how far or not you go, try to just enjoy yourself despite the shit that is sometimes handed to you.......

these are just my thoughts man, I hope you find some kind of encouragement from this.

P.S thanks for reminding me, i didn't actually give props to Madzin for the win so Kudos to a Spectacular play in a situation that everyone thought was unwinnable for him.

I GOT HANDS

"The first death of mkx" thread says hello
Making waves in the entire fighting game community for throwing tantrums at tournaments and raging that your main is too weak DURING live tournament matches says hi as well.

There is literally no comparing any other communities to the actions of Pig of the Hut. Now normally I wouldn't attribute the actions of one community leader to the actions of the entire community, but the thing is they have shown unanimous support for his appalling actions, over and over again. Kenshi community nearly makes me embarassed to be a part of TYM

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Madzin's reactions were just ridiculous. It was like it was in slow motion for him. It was amazing to watch.

Props to Foxy, but no one - and by no one I really mean no one - was going to beat Madzin on that day.
This 100% . Madzin was in the zone.

Reactions: GAV